My husband booked this hotel, so I didn't read the other reviews until after we had checked in. Seems people love this place, or not... I can see why. One of the other posters said they weren't sure how to review, and I agree. It was close to Texas A&M which was our goal, but it's pricey. An older property that looks like they cobbled together a couple differnet places. Some facelift work has been done but the room doors and shower/tubs are original issue (we stayed in one of the towers). Construction work was being done in the hallways between the lobby and pool area.
My conclusion is that you need to know what room you actually want to book... next to the indoor pool if you have kids, the ones that open on to the beach if you want a fridge and microwave, or the towers if you don't mind the crowds. We had a tower king at the end of the hall so it was quiet, but I wish we had booked one of the rooms that steps out on to the beach. I don't like "big" hotels and I think I would have had a better vibe out there.
Pros: great beach front and sun deck. Good place for kids - get a room by the indoor pool; there is a play area and arcade right there too. Little shop has anything you might need for the beach at decent prices. Beds comfortable, nice linens. Pleasant staff. They allowed us a late check out at a last minute request. Good food but I could not recommend the breakfast buffet - they charge $10.95 for what looks like your standard free buffet at any other Holiday Inn. Free parking.
Cons: some areas just look shabby for the cost of the room. The wallpaper in our room looked pieced together, the sliding door to the little deck was off the tracks, the shower ceiling was mildewy. The roll away bed we needed our second night was old and very uncomfortable - the pad was stained, again shabby (I know they can be nicer because we use them a lot). No conditioner in the room. The outdoor bar area doesn't open until later in the day on the weekends.
A doubt we will ever go back to Corpus and if we do we won't stay here again. But if you know what you want and don't mind paying the higher price for beachfront, go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of casual relaxation and business convenience, with the most unique hotel location in downtown Corpus Christi. Just minutes from downtown businesses, you can enjoy fresh sea air and sand between your toes as you walk the beach behind our hotel. Our spacious bay front rooms, with fantastic views of the bay and marina, featuring free high-speed Internet connection will allow you to relax and conduct business. Enjoy a hearty breakfast in our dining room or room service on your balcony, or maybe a cocktail at our beach side bar. Just a ten minute drive or open air trolley ride gets you to area attractions, such as Texas State Aquarium or the USS Lexington Museum. After work we will provide transportation to downtown restaurants and entertainment. When its time to leave we will take you to the airport as well. Try Emerald Beach once and we are sure you will return every time you visit Corpus Christi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn