Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here recently for the girls state powerlifting meet. The hotel is old. Our room smelled musty. They have remodeled. Paint on bathroom floor. Tub had mildew growing on the grout. Curtain at the window was stained with red yuck. They did come and clean tub and replaced curtain. We got a free breakfast for our trouble. Air conditioner did not cool well. Remodel just seems to cover up old. Remodel should have been done better. Tub needs replacing it is just old and rust stained. Will not stay here next year .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for review of our hotel and of course thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Airport. We apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are still in the process of our renovation so it is possible that the room you stayed has yet to be completed. Having said that we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again so that we may redeem ourselves and offer you the guest experience you expect.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here to be close to the airport. There is not a lot to do in this area other than fly out. They had an evening reception with wine, beer, and excellent mahi mahi with mango which the chef developed. That earned them an extra star. There is a pool with a hot tub but kids had claimed it so I skipped it. They are undergoing a renovation to refresh so things should improve soon.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been there as part of my employment stay and I must say the hotel is quite well maintained and also the food at the hotel was awesome and the staff quite courteous !!

Overall a good place for business conferences and relaxation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground level at the extreme ends are quieter!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for your review and of course for staying with us. I will pass your comments to my staff in both the restaurant and throughout the rest of the hotel. We hope you will again chose the Holiday Inn Airport the next you time visit Corpus Christi.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is just in the very final stages of being updated. New down to even the latest security locks on the doors. Very close to the airport - 5 minutes drive. Friendly staff were always helpful when I had questions about the facility or the city. I had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about thenHoliday Inn Airport. We very much appreciate you choosing our hotel as your lodging provider. We are working very hard on the renovation and the service we deliver to our valued guests such as your self. We veryk much look forward to your next visit at the Holiday Inn Airport.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at this attractive but aging inn during January of 2014 as we were making our way north from a winter holiday. The price was less than what we expect for the franchise, being about $100. The facility is nicely located near the main airport and is very easy to reach by car, taxi, limo, or hotel shuttle. It is set-up as a conference center with nice meeting facilities, pool and hot tub. There is adequate group parking for large groups and the management is efficient, friendly and eager to please. The on-site restaurant is quite classy. We ordered room service, something we don’t ordinarily do, and found it quite reasonable, speedy and very tasty. The burger was quite good and the soup (potato) was excellent – and as usual, the service and staff are fantastically pleasant and eager to please. The inn is showing its age but renovation is going on throughout both the public and private areas and it is likely the results will be a very nice facility. It was very clean, and comfortable. The king bed was a good bed. We were a little offended by how far we had to go to get to the elevator and our room, but then, we are old folks. All in all we would recommend this facility and would stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about thenHoliday Inn Airport. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests. We are indeed nearing the end of our renovation and are looking forward to a great summer. I will inform the chef of your fondness for his potato soup. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The location of the hotel is a bit odd but the services inside and the ambiance is par excellence.The hotel staff is so efficient and very friendly.It does not feel that one is in foreign country.The food and the service is mind blowing.The cleanliness is very good and most importantly one feels safe while staying in this hotel as the safety is given top priority.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Airport. We are working very hard for you the guest and are pleased to see that is showing to you our valued guest. We very much look forward to your next visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Airport.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was one of 45 people who stayed at this hotel while my company held training's there earlier this month. While walking to my room the very first day, I walked past all of the construction that is taking place on the first floor. Every construction worker took the time to look up and say Hello, I got to my room on the 5th floor and my room key didn't work for some reason. From the other end of the hall one of the housekeepers saw my struggles and came down the hall to help me. After calling downstairs to verify that I indeed belonged in that room, she let me in to place my stuff in the room. (I personally appreciated the extra security as it would have been easier for her to just let me in)
When I walked down to the dining area to join my co-workers the lady at the front desk had my keys waiting for me and called remembered my name from my earlier check in.
My co-workers and I had a nice meal in the restaurant adjacent to the lobby.
The meeting room we had was one of the smaller ones, but well equipped with all the technology that we needed to have a successful training, My entire group ate 3 meals a day there and enjoyed great service during it all.
Jeff the general manager and his staff host a cocktail hour at 5 pm I believe, this became a great incentive to get out of our meetings early. And if your a member of the Holiday inn rewards program you get a free drink daily at the bar.

The shuttle driver was very friendly and attentive to the needs of my group. The front counter staff recommended some great local establishments to eat and drink at, as well as sights to see.
I highly recommend that if you are in corpus looking for a great place to stay, with a great staff that you check this place out. I will actually be back there within the next few days.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you the kind words about the Holiday Inn airport. we are making great strides in both our renovation process and the level of service we provide to our guests. WE have hired a new executive Chef and invested in new equipment for our meeting rooms. The new evening reception is a way to thank our guests and especially our Rewards Club members for their patronage of our hotel. we very much look forward to your next visit with us.