“I can't believe how bad this was...”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #46 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“I can't believe how bad this was...”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I arranged a 2-day stay through Expedia on a busy weekend when everything in town was booked. The hotel pictures online looked nice. When we arrived, we discovered the hotel was old, dirty, and no where near worth the $286/night they wanted to charge me. I complained to Expedia and they called the hotel for authorization for a refund. The hotel declined to offer a refund and insisted I would be charged my full 2-day stay. We had only been there less than 1 hour, much of that on the phone trying to resolve this fiasco. We left and will never return.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the pictures on the Internet. Be skeptical of a hotel that says they have have ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for comments on our property. Yes we are indeed going through a renovation and you may have been checked into a room that had not yet been completed. i do apologize to you as we did not meet your expectations. Please feel free tom contact me at 361-289-5100 so that i may address your concerns with you personally.

Jeff Wilkinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is frequently occupied by oil riggers and businessmen and it was surprisingly clean and well maintained. The lobby is nice with indoor fountains. The indoor pool was clean and had abundant towels available. The workout area had treadmills and elyptical machines and a TV. The hotel staff was very friendly and ready to assist with any extras. The executive suite has a really nice sized kitchen area with basic utensils and dishes for food prep. They have good black out curtains which is a huge plus for me cause I like to sleep in a cave. Our drive to North and Emerald beach was less than 10 minutes. The beds were comfortable and linens were fresh. All the rooms are in hallways so there is no courtyard noise to bother your sleep. There was no traffic noise from outside since the hotel is placed deep into the lot and not right on the edge of the freeway access roads. All considered, the room rate was very reasonable for the location and distance to our main attraction which was the beaches. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel and they have a full breakfast buffet for $10. Children eat free from a menu only- and this worked out well. I would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Take a table fan.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your assessment of our hotel. There are many changes in both our appearance staff and our processes. that are being worked on. While we are not complete in any pof the above mentioned areas, we are working hard to improve your experience.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I imagine this hotel will close soon unless there is a serious Change in cleaning staff and management. Entire hotel is filthy and stuffy, after the first night we asked for the hair to be cleaned from our shower toilet floor and sink. Came back to find the same hair and the only thing the cleaning staff did was make the beds. The walls have spackle where holes were filled and need to be painted, floors haven't been vaccines in months. Staff was fairly nice bit when requested an additional towel and cloth (we have three people in our room and they left two towels only) I was interrupted and told there weren't enough towels for the guests in the hotel. Not my problem!!! They did bring another towel this morning when I called again... I'm embarrassed that we spent money to stay here when there are so many other good options in corpus. Never gain.

• Stayed May 2013
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
PLease accept my apologies for the proble,ms you experienced during your stay at our hotel. While we are in the middle of a renovation, you shoiuld certainly expect a much better experience from us here at the Holiday Inn Airport. If you could please contact me at 361/289-5100 so that i may address your concerns with you I would be most appreciative. I can them adress this memebrs of my staff who did not meet your expectations. Again my apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is getting a remodel and looking good. This hotel houses many plant and oilfield workers so it has been worn a lot. but good to see they are taking the initiative in making it nicer. The staff is always nice and helpful. I had a queen bed, and it was so comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Airport. Things are indeed improving and progressing as we continue to renovate our guest rooms and lobby. We are working hard to improve our cleanliness and staff attitudes towards our guests. We very much look forward to your next visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Airport.

Respectfully,
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Decided to spend 2013 Easter weekend at this Hotel and I am impressed on the changes since my last visit in fall 2012. The property was clean and quiet. Pretty much every staff member was friendly and enthusiastic. Looks like management has tightened up a notch resulting in this revised experience. The rooms had been upgraded quite a bit. Great value for the money. At check out I was promised more changes were coming. Will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try to use perks such as AAA discounts to get even better deals.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday inn Airport. We have made many improvements in both staffing and the look of our hotel. We will continue to improve in both areas as we move forward and will look forward to your next stay with us.

Respectfully,
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I work right around the corner so thought it would be fine to stay a couple of nights. Check in was great as the people were friendly, but after that reality set in. Checked out after 1 night and moved to another hotel. Just not worth it, as others noted it is not clean. Halls have not been vaccuumed in weeks, room was less than pleasing, and too many other options open in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear ellissea,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lake Jackson
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The outside of the hotel is nice, and the lobby and staff are nice. That's where it ended for me. My air conditioning didn't work, and I had bugs in my room. The second night I was there, I woke up with a roach next to my head on my pillow! I sat outside of the elevator for 15 minutes at one point. They were doing construction/repairs on the room next to mine, so needless to say, between 2-7:30pm, jackhammers were what i heard constantly. I would only stay here again if they remodeled the inside and made sure the rooms were bug-free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear evannandallysmom,