Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #45 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Getting better”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is getting a remodel and looking good. This hotel houses many plant and oilfield workers so it has been worn a lot. but good to see they are taking the initiative in making it nicer. The staff is always nice and helpful. I had a queen bed, and it was so comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jwilkinson_13, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Airport. Things are indeed improving and progressing as we continue to renovate our guest rooms and lobby. We are working hard to improve our cleanliness and staff attitudes towards our guests. We very much look forward to your next visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Airport.

Respectfully,
Jeff Wilkinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Decided to spend 2013 Easter weekend at this Hotel and I am impressed on the changes since my last visit in fall 2012. The property was clean and quiet. Pretty much every staff member was friendly and enthusiastic. Looks like management has tightened up a notch resulting in this revised experience. The rooms had been upgraded quite a bit. Great value for the money. At check out I was promised more changes were coming. Will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try to use perks such as AAA discounts to get even better deals.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday inn Airport. We have made many improvements in both staffing and the look of our hotel. We will continue to improve in both areas as we move forward and will look forward to your next stay with us.

Respectfully,
Jeff Wilkinson
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I work right around the corner so thought it would be fine to stay a couple of nights. Check in was great as the people were friendly, but after that reality set in. Checked out after 1 night and moved to another hotel. Just not worth it, as others noted it is not clean. Halls have not been vaccuumed in weeks, room was less than pleasing, and too many other options open in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear ellissea,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A
Lake Jackson
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The outside of the hotel is nice, and the lobby and staff are nice. That's where it ended for me. My air conditioning didn't work, and I had bugs in my room. The second night I was there, I woke up with a roach next to my head on my pillow! I sat outside of the elevator for 15 minutes at one point. They were doing construction/repairs on the room next to mine, so needless to say, between 2-7:30pm, jackhammers were what i heard constantly. I would only stay here again if they remodeled the inside and made sure the rooms were bug-free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear evannandallysmom,

Pam G.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Despite the negative title this hotel was not bad. I just want to warn you to not expect a 5 or 4 star hotel. It was clean and the hotel employees were friendly and helpful. For its location this hotel is like a diamond in the rough. (Bad part of town) Still not a bad value stay.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sean R,

Krysllin G.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here overnight on November 18 -19. I was therevfor a meeting being held at the hotel, but I wish I had stsyed elsewhere. The first room I was assigned reeked of smoke, and the second room, #138, appeared clean until closer inspection. Both the desk chair and side chair were stained, as was the bed covering. The deadbolt was also not working. The hallway carpets did not look as if they had been vacuumed in weeks. In fairness, the bathroom in my room appeared to be clean but after my stay, i did not.

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here twice too many. Place both times was packed with company workers, everywhere all over the place. I believe its what making this Holiday Inn stay open for business. their Company books rooms here with discounts and the company worker have no other choice and stuck staying here. place is very dirty and infested with spiders . Can't use the stairway because the elevators are extremely busy and slow and there is only 2 for this massive holiday inn property. property is dated and dingy and heavy mildew odors. I do like they have hotel staff patrolling the parking lots 24/7 . I do not feel safe in room with previously broken door that didn't feel secured when I locked it. I could not recommend this place unless your desperate . place need to be closed for renovations .

Room Tip: I do not have any tips. Try to stay some where else .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear caligula r,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked the service provided by our staff at the parking lot. My apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced with your room accommodation and our facilities. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Corpus Christi you will give our hotel another try.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C