Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #53 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The title says it all. I stayed here from July 8th - July 13th for work because everything else in town was booked for with the FFA Convention. Variable rate but the last two nights were $199 for two double beds. I will avoid this hotel like the plague. This is one of those old Holiday Inns that gave IHG such a bad name for so long. I know they have a new sign and I stayed on the refurbished 6th floor, but even on that floor they have issues you can't fix with a little paint and carpet.

In fairness, my room on the 6th floor was way less gross than my coworkers room on the 3rd floor. His room was awful!! Holiday Inn has made so many improvements over the last few years. You should be aware that just because this place has one of the new Holiday Inn signs, that does not mean it is up to the new standard.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay on one of the refurbished floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Rooms where not clean! And walking through the hallway your feet would crunch under you! I will never stay there again! In a BAD part of town and was afraid to leave at night thought I might get robbed!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Byou3112,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel and location was not to your liking and regret you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you received. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the quality and services we offer.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed July 8, 2012

no complaints here. Room was clean, bed very comfortable, a/c nice and cold. Large flat screen t.v. wireless internet worked great. Staff was extremely helpful and kind. Some parts of hotel were a little dated, but clean. For some reason it's very hard to find both an affordable and clean motel/hotel in Corpus. I've made countless stays here. I've been the happiest with overall value here. Will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: breakfast decent value. I paid for mine, 10.99 and my two kids ate free. good food for buffet breakf...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you are expecting a typical Holiday Inn, you will be dissapointed. Reminds me of the 70's type place. Small rooms and a overall yuck feel. The lobby is rather grand but it goes down hill pretty fast. I do not have much good to say about it except that the bed was comfortable.
I have gotten used to how Holiday Inns are NOW. The retro thing does not work for me.
Probably a good idea for IHG to sell this baby off or cancell the franchise; I am sure there is probably some nice Indian who is ready to upgrade from his Days Inn.
I was traveling with my boss (a Marriot guy..I am a Holiday Inn guy) and I booked this for us. I was ashamed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Clean room and very friendly staff. I really liked the location as far as being kind of in the middle of everything about 20mins either way to the beaches and good food :) I would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I booked a room on Priceline.com and called the hotel prior to arrival to ensure we would get a room that accommodated 2 adults and 2 children. A hotel staff member informed me that we have a single room and since it was a holiday weekend ALL of the rooms are BOOKED, "There's nothing we can do...you will have to call Priceline." I called Priceline, and the rep said you should be in a room with 2 beds, or at least a room that sleeps 4. She called the hotel and was told there's nothing they can do, they are OVERBOOKED. I made it a point to tell the hotel staff and the priceline rep that we are a retired military family (26 years), traveling 4 hours to Corpus Christi so that our children can continue to appreciate the service their parents, family members, and others render to our country. We were brought a cot for a room that was not designed for additional furniture, so I placed a chair and bench in the hallway and request that the hotel store it until we checked out. I spoke to the GM and clearly advised of my options, including being evicted from the hotel. The most unfortunate part of this experience was the hotel was not at 100% capacity as we were led to believe. We went on line to 3 different web sites, including the hotel's and could have booked a nonsmoking room with a king bed and pull out sofa. A very nice hotel staff person also confirmed there were rooms available. Not one time did the hotel staff offer us to the option to pay for another room, which we would have gladly done in order to prevent this uncomfortable experience. Needless to say we kept the cot and furniture in the room to avoid 1) creating a scene that would traumatize our children by getting evicted from the hotel, and 2) paying to sleep on the floor. We are stepping over luggage and squeezing passed the chair and bench to get in and out of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear michellecr219,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Got stuck in a smoking (even though the room folder states there is no smoking in ANY room) and they wouldn't move us. Came in early knowing it would be crowded this weekend. They still wouldn't change my room. I'm allergic to it, but they don't care. I'll get second hand smoke lung cancer, but they don't care. This hotel sucks. Would NEVER stay here again. Been here less than 10 minutes and my eyes and nose are already stinging. All they offered to do is deodorize the room. Whatever! I'll be stuffy and stinking all weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear cpeterson70,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W