“Small but nice”

Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi
Ranked #2 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here two nights. The girls at the front desk were awesome. We had to use the business center and couldn't get the fax machine to work and she came in and did it for us and seemed happy to help.

The walls were a little thin and we could hear noise from other rooms but it wasn't unbearable.

The lobby was beautiful and has a cool lounge vibe.

The breakfast was not that great. We didn't have time for a cooked to order breakfast and the ready to eat lacked flavor. The pastries were dry. It woukd have been better if they turned on the coke machine.

Overall, we were pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I usually stay at a hotel that is primarily a business hotel. This Embassy Suite also caters to families that are vacationing in the Corpus area. While that creates a very different atmosphere, I found it to be a welcomed variation from my usual experience. I also found the hotel a great place to go back to at night. In spite of the open atrium and the aforementioned families, the noise of people in the lobby has totally filtered from the room once I closed the door. This made for quiet nights in the room and yet, if I wanted a little activity there was usually something happening in the lobby. In addition, situated right on SPID, there were a great number of dining and social establishments within an easy drive.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Checked in at 5:30p on July 6th & headed straight for the beach. Came back at 10p to shower & sleep, but when pulled back blankets there were lots of long black hairs. I'm talking like 6 long black hairs plus little hairs everywhere. Also, a rubber band was hanging on the door robe hook with those same black hairs still attached to it.

In morning we were awakened by our neighbors talking & laughing. And later we heard a man urinating. So the walls are thin. I'm sure we would've heard more, but we had our box fan running.

The iHome alarm clock is bright in your face when sleeping. There are 4 Pillows (2 down & 2 regular) all of which I had to fold to get a some slight comfort (stomach sleeper). Our a/c never got cold despite cranking down to 60. Finally had to switch it from auto to fan only to get a tad more cold. Also, the shower is a slide door system & leaks tremendously onto the floor. I had to actually ring out the floor towel & hang in shower to drip dry at every shower.

When the housekeeping lady came with new bedding the night we found the hairs, she told us they had over 100 people check out at once over the holiday weekend & that she kept asking for clean bedding. She actually had to bring a couple sets of pillowcases bc so many were stained despite being cleaned. The manager on duty gave us a $55 gift certificate to use in their Resturant for our hair everywhere drama. Even after the "new" bedding I continued to find those long black hairs. Used gift certificate for room service & had the most disgusting plate of "Texas Nachos" ever. I attached a picture to show you- canned cheese sauce, bean overload & old tasting meat. The chicken had the grossest texture ever. I'm just glad my Shiner Bock (local beer) was good!

We've stayed at a couple of embassy's & this is the first bad experience. Try the Spring Hill Suites right next door. We stayed at one in San Antonio & had no problems (they offer breakfast too)!

Only plus for this stay would be that's it's close to the beach. Eat pizza at a little hole in wall joint called B and J pizza- good food & excellent selections of beers!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Karli W
Irina B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review, as this helps us to take proper actions so that those don’t repeat again. We did follow up on all the issues that you have experienced during your stay and they have been rectified. I am so very sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't a pleasant one. This is not typically the way we are and it is a shame to hear that you have encountered so many things going wrong during your stay. The entire Embassy Suites team in Corpus Christi Texas hopes to see you again so we can show to you that we can be different. If you decide to give us another chance please contact me directly and I will make sure to provide you with the service and the accommodations that every guest deserves, the best ones. Always at your service,

Irina Ballard
AGM
Embassy Suites Hotel
Corpus Christi, TX
irina.ballard@hilton.com

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently spent three nights at this hotel and were pleased with the cleanliness, service, and the breakfast. It is an older hotel that has been completely updated. It is also halfway between North Padre Island and the bay area. Although it is not as grand as other Embassy Suites that we have stayed in, the service, cleanliness, and breakfasts were just as nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I have returned from my stay at Embassy Suites and I didn't want to leave. The rooms are warm and comfortable. The beds are incredible, breakfast was amazing, and the staff was courteous and professional. I can't wait to take another vacation!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Typical Embassy Suites in regards to quality of service. Three story hotel with large open courtyard. Checkin was easy. My only issue was I was put in a room in the far back of the hotel (I couldn't have gotten any further away from the desk), which was really inconvienient. Overall, the hotel was clean and very nice and I would stay again. Interesting, they email your final bill rather than print it out. There's also enough places to eat locally, that you can walk to get dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I travel frequently and am in the highest tier for Hilton. My flight was cancelled this morning and American Airlines can't get me to Corpus for the meeting and the desk person would not let me reschedule my reservation and charged me for the room. Wow this is a first.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin E
Irina B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Kevin,

Thank you for your review as this helps us to continuously look for ways to improve and offer to our guests the customer service and the accommodations they deserve. I am sorry that the policy of the hotel was an inconvenience for you; however we do indeed require a 24 hour in advance for a room cancelation. This policy applies to all our guests. We do appreciate you being a loyal HHonors member.
Always at your service,