“You have to try it”

Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi
Ranked #2 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I traveled to this hotel with my family and it took time to get our reservation, but everything else was excellent. i loved the pool inside the hotel, and the breakfast. I had to sleep in the coach but that was fine. the T.V was a little bit difficult to change but i enjoyed myself with a club house that i order at almost midnight. thanks !!

Room Tip: Try it. good place
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great hotel with newly remodeled rooms. The main lobby / restaurant is still a mess since the refurb is not yet complete, so that would be my only caution. With a Spring Hill Suites opening next door any day, let's hope this ES hurries to complete their remodel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Every time I stayed at this Hotel it has always been great. I have had only one bad experience and that was with the wait staff because of his attitude. My Daughter my never go back because of that experience. Other than that I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The staff was very accommodating for all of our needs - more towels, etc. The accommodations were extremely comfortable - bed, pull out couch, etc. The free breakfast was very good - fresh ingredients, made to order omelets, good coffee. The hotel also has a nice free happy hour which included adult beverages, snacks and drinks and juices for the kids. Excellent value!!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

overall very good under going repair but was quite and clean The outside was much nicer looking and the repairs to inside looked very nice and will be much improved once completed. yes wife and I will stay there again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

With the exception of the heating and cooling the room was nice enough. For this stay the AC did not cool the room down and remained hot the entire night. This made it difficult to sleep and I ended up checking out early.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Well I never thought I would ever write a review of this nature for an Embassy Suites property, they have always been my hotel of choice.....however after staying a full week at this property I had to change my mind. I will not be staying at this hotel again , nor will I be recommending it to my co-workers who travel there often. The property is under renovation (has been for a long time)and they maintain that all of the rooms have been upgraded..well the bed slept better and the furniture was newer, and they added solid doors to the room entrances instead of glass, but they did nothing for the bathrooms, i.e., the toilet, shower and tub. The toilet is so low that it aggravated my knee problems trying to get up and down, and the tub is low and small with crud all around the grouted areas. The water was cold for most of my stay and it cycled from warm to cold, mostly cold and never hot. The morning manager needs a lesson in custome service, because when I complained and inquired if there would be some type of compensation or adjustment, she stated "well you are already in a discounted room" and my statement back was - because I am a ...... employee I am not entitled to hot water or those types of amenities? The general manager was much more customer service oriented and stopped me on my return after work and stated that they would correct the problems or move me - whatever I desired. To compound the problem one half of the hotel is still under renovation and the dining room was shut off and down; they still made arrangements for their signature breakfast and had the made to order omelets but the remainder of the breakfast was not the same. Hate to do it but that was the last of my visits to this property, it has been a long time coming but a change has to be made. There is a brand new Springhill Suites by Marriott going up directly next door and it will be interesting to see if they can compete.

Room Tip: Ask for one with hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Lantis34
Irina B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your stay back in December. We apologize for the issues you have experienced in your room. I want to let you know that the renovation is now fully completed and we also have a new restaurant and dining area. If you return to our area, we hope you give us another chance. I will also be very happy to hear from you if you consider staying with us, so I can personaly make your reservation and offering you a great rate. My e-mail address is irina.ballard@hilton.com

Always at your service,