“Not my best Embassy experience”

Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Bloomington, United States
“Not my best Embassy experience”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel under construction. Our room was small and had a terrible a/c unit. I had to go buy a fan at Wal-Mart at midnight just to make it through the night. Breakfast choices were ok, but the chefs had zero personality. Not my best Embassy experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brownvsille, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay. An overall excellent experience. The hotel was extremely clean despite being under renovations. I look forward to staying again. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. My children used the indoor pool and loved it. I would highly recommend staying here if you are planning on coming to Corpus Christi, Tx.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Papillion
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was for a couple of nights. Unfortunately, they were undergoing some renovations. Granted, I didn't hear any hammering or banging but the scaffolding outside was a touch of a turn off. That aside, the hotel is quite old. It needs new carpeting and the doors have been painted often (obviously).

My room was located near the back door which made it very easy for me to use the ramp. I was on crutches and didn't need to navigate stairs....BONUS!

When the door opened to the hotel the stench of chlorine hit me like a brick wall! My room was literally, about 10 feet from the hotel door, so very convenient! There are live plants all over and an extensive amount of flower/plant/tree beds in a large open area along with an enclosed pool and eating area. In its"Hay Day" this was a GORGEOUS hotel! Currently, it's quite quaint but could have been better if not for the constant smell of chlorine.

The room I stayed in was a touch smaller than anticipated but it was very comfortable and affordable. The staff were VERY friendly and helpful! All in all, not a bad stay, but if I had my choice to do again, I would have stayed at The Holiday Inn Express instead.

• Stayed April 2013
Round Rock, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed here in years past, but it's gone downhill. Seems to stem around poor management if I had a guess. Not a good value for the high price either. No wonder Marriott is building a Springhill Suites next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hale, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

It's almost impossible to give a subjective review when there is so much ongoing work. The temporary side door wasn't lit so my colleague and I didn't know where to enter the hotel. The trek to the reception was badly signed but we were eventually pointed in the right durection by a member of staff. The receptionist was surly. Room clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Decent shower. Standard breakfast. I won't return but this could be an ok hotel once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank IRT68
Melody N, General Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We appreciate your review and I truly apologize that our renovations disrupted the comfort and convenience of your stay. We are working very diligently on our hotel improvements, but unfortunately there are some challenges we must contend with along the way. We believe the end result will be a stunning transformation, and I do hope you will give us another try once our renovations are complete later this year. Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 361-853-7899.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We understand renovations are going on and the room was rather nice. Except that for over $159 a night, I expect a bathtub. Bed was comfy. Inside atrium very musty and one of the elevators out of order, but we never waited. I hope they get the renovations done soon because we won't recommend the hotel until they do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sdj7770
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice older hotel. Been a while since I last stayed there. The hotel rooms were upgraded nicely and very comfortable. Peopel were great. no issues there. They need to pay a little more attention to details in the guestroom bathroom and also do the rest of the hotel as well to match the newly updated rooms. The bathroom shower door leaked water onto the floor and there was no soap dish forcing you to use the shower floor to store soap/shampoo bottles, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family