“Wait until renovations coplete”

Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Hale, United Kingdom
“Wait until renovations coplete”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

It's almost impossible to give a subjective review when there is so much ongoing work. The temporary side door wasn't lit so my colleague and I didn't know where to enter the hotel. The trek to the reception was badly signed but we were eventually pointed in the right durection by a member of staff. The receptionist was surly. Room clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Decent shower. Standard breakfast. I won't return but this could be an ok hotel once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank IRT68
Melody N, General Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We appreciate your review and I truly apologize that our renovations disrupted the comfort and convenience of your stay. We are working very diligently on our hotel improvements, but unfortunately there are some challenges we must contend with along the way. We believe the end result will be a stunning transformation, and I do hope you will give us another try once our renovations are complete later this year. Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 361-853-7899.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We understand renovations are going on and the room was rather nice. Except that for over $159 a night, I expect a bathtub. Bed was comfy. Inside atrium very musty and one of the elevators out of order, but we never waited. I hope they get the renovations done soon because we won't recommend the hotel until they do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sdj7770
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice older hotel. Been a while since I last stayed there. The hotel rooms were upgraded nicely and very comfortable. Peopel were great. no issues there. They need to pay a little more attention to details in the guestroom bathroom and also do the rest of the hotel as well to match the newly updated rooms. The bathroom shower door leaked water onto the floor and there was no soap dish forcing you to use the shower floor to store soap/shampoo bottles, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Romeo G
Lamar, Missouri
Reviewed March 25, 2013

No matter what other reviews say, don't accept the poor ones. Yes, they are adding on to this Hotel, but in NO WAY did it affect the quality of service we received. We stayed in a dive (Travelodge - not to mention names) and got out as quick as we could. Wanted to find a motel fast. And crazy enough 1 suite was same price as 12 rooms in that other motel. My kids had a blast. Staff was kind and courteous to them and it felt like home. Very relaxing, clean, and totally enjoyable. They want me to book next year already. Continental Breakfast (made to order) and evening happy hours were a great complement to our family schedule. THANK YOU EMBASSY for a great stay in Corpus Christi!!!

Room Tip: Totally pick the suites! Little kitchen area. Plenty of room for our family of 6!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, TN
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Yes it's an older Embassy Suites and looks a little run down. However the rooms have been renovated and are great! The fitness room is very nice and who can beat te free happy hour!? However te restaurant is awful. Stick to the breakfast and you'll be fine but don't order dinner. So bad! Other than that I would certainly come back!

• Stayed March 2013
Edinburg, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This location states they have undergone a renovation when in fact renovations have not been completed. We were misled and our stay was not pleasant. Room had a funny smell, the A/C did not work properly and the pool was closed for renovations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Edith S
Melody N, General Manager at Embassy Suites by HIlton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. Your feedback is very valuable as it allows us to continually strive for improvement; however, I do request that you allow me to address the concerns you expressed. Our property is currently under a full renovation and that information, along with the pool closure, is clearly noted on our website, which is how your reservation was booked. Although the better majority of our sleeping rooms have been completed, I noticed you booked our two bedroom family suite. That suite, unfortunately, has not yet been renovated and I truly apologize that it did not meet your expectations. I ask that you give us another try once our renovations are complete, as I believe you will be very pleased with the final product. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 361-853-7899.

Yours in Hospitality,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

An old property that is getting some renovation,but overall the hotel is average. I will be staying there a lot in 2013 and hoping my overall stay will improve. I feel with new owners the property will exceed my expectation in 2013. But at the end of the day I have always liked ES.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our property, and we really value your feedback. We are very excited as our current renovations progress, and you'll be very please to know that the final product will result in a top notch product inside and out. We truly appreciate you selecting Embassy Suites as your brand of choice and we will do everything we can to make each visit in 2013 as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Continually in Service,