“Great reasonable beachfront view room. Upgraded us to beach view for free.”

Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Great reasonable beachfront view room. Upgraded us to beach view for free.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable room. Great staff friendly and helpful. Old fashion but great pool and on beach. Tons of stuff to do and see. DONT EAT AT THE RESTAURANT. They dont have always whats on the menu and the meal was bad. Plenty of places to eat near hotel that are ten times better.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Bob and Barb H
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and for the compliments on the hotel and the area. We agree there are a lot of fun things to do near the hotel, the best of which is sitting on the beach and doing nothing but relaxing.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dave R. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We checked in late Friday night. Before turning in for the night, we checked the beds. Found live bugs in one bed and a dead bug in the other. We also found pubic hair between the fitted sheet and the top sheet. We complained to the front desk and they gave us different rooms. The second rooms were better although one room had dripping water from the ceiling. Being a little leery that the rooms were not properly cleaned, I slid a piece of paper between the top sheet and the fitted sheet. Then I left the card on the bed saying I wanted fresh clean sheets. Upon returning after maid service, I checked the bed for the paper. Yep, it was right where I left it. Late that evening after dinner, I returned to the room. I found wet ceiling tiles in the tub and on the bathroom floor. The water dripping from the ceiling was caused by a water leak in the room above. They changed me to another room where every thing seemed much cleaner. this is an older hotel on the beach, so the water leak doesn't surprise me. The hotel staff handled it well. However, cleanliness is something within control of the management. I expect better.

Room Tip: Corner rooms at end of the hallways are much larger than other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Randle M
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are glad you choose the Radisson Hotel and allow me to apologize for the issues you had. At this time of year we do an annual infestation of Crickets and I hope that is the bug you were referring to. We work hard to keep them out, but the number is very large.
The wet ceiling tiles were caused by a broken water line in one of the guest rooms. As soon as we found the problem we immediately began to clean up but the water has a tendency to migrate causing some additional tiles to get wet, I do apologize and assure you we worked as fast as we could to see all areas were addressed.
I'm glad you got moved to a new room and was able to enjoy the balance of your stay. We appreciate your business and your comments and will do all we can to see they are not repeated.
Travel Safe,
Dave. R, GM
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were in Corpus for our son to visit the USS Lexington for an overnight stay. I chose to stay at the Radisson while my husband and son did the overnight on the Lexington. It was the closest hotel to the Lexington which made it easy to park our car and walk their stuff the two blocks to the ship.

The hotel itself was nice. We arrived early and they were able to let me check-in to my room. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The room itself was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities people expect these day - a small microwave, a coffee maker, a hair dryer, etc. The TV had a nice selection of basic cable channels along with pay-per-view movies.

I'm pretty picky about beds, bedding, and other linens when I travel. The bed was just a bit too tall for me. I could not sit on the edge of the bed and it was difficult for me to get into the bed if I just wanted to sit and watch television. I am on the shorter side so this might not be a problem for other guests. The mattress was very firm. This was not really a problem for me but if you like your mattress to be softer, you have been warned. The linens were cotton. They were soft, not crisp. The towels were a nice, soft, terry cloth and they were a decent size for hotel towels. Overall, I was pleased with the bedding in this hotel.

I did spend some time at the pool and I was bothered that there was no one to enforce the rule about no coolers in the pool area. There were a few guests there with at least two coolers who were drinking beer in the hot tub and the pool. They left shortly after I arrived so I did not report it to hotel management, but it still bothered me.

My only real complaint about this hotel, and it is a minor one, was my experience in the hotel restaurant. I had breakfast there and was considering the breakfast buffet. I was sorely disappointed in the offerings available which were eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, fruit and cold cereal. Breakfast potatoes are cheap and I'm surprised they were not available, along with some tortillas for impromptu breakfast tacos. Otherwise, the food was somewhat better than average and the service was ok. I've had better and I've had worse.

Regardless of my experience in the restaurant, I would stay here again IF I needed to be close to the USS Lexington or the Aquarium.

Room Tip: If you are going to be there for several days, go ahead and spring for a room facing the water.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for the compliments on the hotel. We did just change the beds to Simmons Ultra Plush units and are getting many compliments on them. We are glad you also liked our choice of linens and terry for the bath.
We look forward to seeing you soon; we hope your husband and son had a good time on the USS Lexington.
Hurry Back
Dave R, GM
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hospitality and service from the front desk staff was excellent. 7th floor room had an amazing view of the bay. Very comfortable and clean. Furniture looked like something expected at a boutique hotel.

Only downside was that the beach didn't seem very clean, but I think the city is charged with that duty.

Plan to stay here again, for sure!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We appreciate you being our guest and thank you for the kind remarks. We agree that the views are wonderful and we try to assist he City with Beach clean up, but they have a crew that does a good job, sometimes the wind will cause trash to build up. Thank you for the input.
south texas
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had what was referred to on the website as the "Largest Room-Full Ocean View from Balcony". Room was so small that if you took the luggage cart into the room; there wasn't enough room to walk on either side of it. The view was excellent. The closet featured a growth on the ceiling that resembled something from Ghostbusters. The security lock, which was located beneath a sign stating 'Be sure and set it' or something to that effect, did not work. The sliding doors, both closet and balcony were VERY difficult to use. Balcony was unlocked when we arrived. The locking mechanism is something jerry rigged and not a standard locking bar for sliding doors. The refrigerator was iced up. Needed to be defrosted. Water pressure in the shower was barely sufficient to wash the soap off you. The only thing going for this hotel is...LOCATION.

Under no circumstances whatsoever, patronize the on-site restaurant. On our final day, due to inclement weather, we decided to eat in. What is referred to as a breakfast buffet is without a doubt the worst breakfast buffet I have ever paid for. $9.99 Minimalistic selections, no bacon! I've had better at Motel 6!. Just two days earlier I had a hotel breakfast buffet 10X better and it was FREE! However, the piece de resistance was regarding the breakfast beverage. Our server said the 9.99 included coffee or orange juice. Being diabetic, my wife asked if they had cranberry juice. She said yes. Didn't bother to mention that it was $3 more and ask if that was OK. Had she asked, I would have approved. Since she didn't, I assumed it would be substituted for orange juice. When I got the bill and questioned this, all I got was "I sorry". Seems everyone here is sorry.

Unless you have very small children who want to play in a relatively calm bay; I suggest you go somewhere else.

We have always stayed at the Omni whenever in Corpus; but decided to give the Radisson a try this time. BIG mistake.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SouthTexasReddog
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for being our guest. The family room is larger than a standard guest room and does feature a large balcony; both are much larger than any standard hotel room. I am sorry if you feel it was not big enough.
Regarding the buffet, coffee and orange juice are included (which I believe was disclosed to you), any additional drinks or variances to that are an additional cost. I am sorry if you do not agree, but that is a standard at most hotels. The manager did offer to remove the additional charge for the substitute juice and even offered a free beverage to take with you, both you declined.
We don't always do everything right but if we are notified we do try hard to make up for it. I am sorry you did not feel satisfied, but the majority of our guests find the buffet satisfactory.
Orange
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Radisson on the beach sounds like a winner until you see the place. The entire hotel was bad. It smelled musty throughout the hotel and everything was worn and dated. I would not recommend it to anyone. You would be better served to find lodging on the other side of the bridge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bum1994
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for being our guest. I am not sure how to respond as the hotel just finished a total renovation in May of this year. We replaced the carpet, furniture, drapes and lights in all guest rooms and guest halls and all rooms and halls were painted with fresh new colors. The Lobby and Restaurant were moved from the third floor to the lobby level and also received a total new and refreshed look.
Most guests have had very positive comments and especially those that have stayed before and are excited about the great new look. I am sorry you did not care for the décor but hope you will reconsider and visit us again.
Austin Tx
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson on The Beach in Corpus Christi Texas during the Labor Day Weekend. And there is one thing that Sgt Vitalucci knows and that is good service and Outstanding Hospitality. This Hotel has it all. The Service and Hospitality is by far the best that I have seen in the USA. They are on the Beach. They have a Pool with Hot tub and a Tiki Bar at the Pool. And the rooms have a lot of room in them and the Beds are just as comfortable as your own home. There is a Bar and Restaurant. There are other places within walking distance. There is also a very nice view of the USS Lexington which can also walk to if you like. We are definitely going back here.

Room Tip: Get a room over lookjing the beach
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SgtVitalucci
Thank you for being our guest and for the positive comments about the hotel and the staff. We agree that the location is excellent and we work hard to see we separate ourselves from the "others" with friendliness and cleanliness. We appreciate the compliments and will use them as further motivation to do even better.