We were in Corpus for our son to visit the USS Lexington for an overnight stay. I chose to stay at the Radisson while my husband and son did the overnight on the Lexington. It was the closest hotel to the Lexington which made it easy to park our car and walk their stuff the two blocks to the ship.
The hotel itself was nice. We arrived early and they were able to let me check-in to my room. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The room itself was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities people expect these day - a small microwave, a coffee maker, a hair dryer, etc. The TV had a nice selection of basic cable channels along with pay-per-view movies.
I'm pretty picky about beds, bedding, and other linens when I travel. The bed was just a bit too tall for me. I could not sit on the edge of the bed and it was difficult for me to get into the bed if I just wanted to sit and watch television. I am on the shorter side so this might not be a problem for other guests. The mattress was very firm. This was not really a problem for me but if you like your mattress to be softer, you have been warned. The linens were cotton. They were soft, not crisp. The towels were a nice, soft, terry cloth and they were a decent size for hotel towels. Overall, I was pleased with the bedding in this hotel.
I did spend some time at the pool and I was bothered that there was no one to enforce the rule about no coolers in the pool area. There were a few guests there with at least two coolers who were drinking beer in the hot tub and the pool. They left shortly after I arrived so I did not report it to hotel management, but it still bothered me.
My only real complaint about this hotel, and it is a minor one, was my experience in the hotel restaurant. I had breakfast there and was considering the breakfast buffet. I was sorely disappointed in the offerings available which were eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, fruit and cold cereal. Breakfast potatoes are cheap and I'm surprised they were not available, along with some tortillas for impromptu breakfast tacos. Otherwise, the food was somewhat better than average and the service was ok. I've had better and I've had worse.
Regardless of my experience in the restaurant, I would stay here again IF I needed to be close to the USS Lexington or the Aquarium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Beach Hotel is excited about the completion of our renovation. All guest rooms received new carpet, furniture, bedding new art work, drapes and lighting. New Guest hall carpet and paint as well.The Lobby has been totally renovated with a new open, light look with all new furniture and accessories. The Restaurant received a total new look with new seating and the Bar move to the lobby level with an entire new setting. We are anxious for you to see our great new look. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Tx
- Corpus Christi Beach Radisson
- Radisson Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Radisson
- Radisson Htl Corpus Christi