“Avoid this place”

Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The only reason this gets a 1 is because of the staff was great, and the USS Lexington is near. The room, halls and restaurant were filthy, I always take cleaning wipes and had to clean the room myself. Most important point, the photos do not tell the story; the area of this location is run down and not family friendly. There is nothing close. Also, the beach is a 'city' beach and attracts people you do not want to be around when you spen $200/night on a room. Additionally the A/C was circa 1970 and was so loud I could not sleep. I checked out early and went to San Antonio, on the riverwalk for less money.

Room Tip: This place tricks you with the photos, dont go.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I am sorry that you did not feel the hotel was in a tourist friendly area. We do not consider North Beach to be anything but "Family Friendly" as we are within walking distance of stores, shops and restaurants and as noted the USS Lexington and two blocks away is the Texas State Aquarium, 2 of the top 5 Tourist Attractions in the state. And even though the Beach is City owned and maintained there have been no negative concerns from any visitors and we gladly share the beach with all.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit but assure you we will do all we can to see the negatives you found are corrected and are not repeated.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Cigarette butts in the pool. Breakfast was mediocre and not worth the money. Beach was dirty and had lots of jellyfish so we couldn't use the water. Found an old shirt in our room that wasn't ours. Elevator broke while trying to check out. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dabyoung
Chhatrala, Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry for the areas you found to be unsatisfactory and I assure you we will address them and make every effort to see they are not repeated. We do not allow smoking at the pool, but not everyone follows the rules. Regarding the Beach, it is owned and maintained by the City of Corpus Christi but we try to do our part to assist in the upkeep, with the high traffic (it is a vetry popular area) it is not always easy to do. As soon as the elevator stopped working we immediately reported it to our service provider and they responded and made the repair. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
We have a major renovation planned for the fall and are anxious for you to see our great new look.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was nervous after reading some of the reviews here, but I could not have been more pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Lisa at the front desk was one of the nicest people we have ever had the pleasure of working with. She was very professional and kind and called me by name every time I passed the front desk during our stay. We had two rooms, a large end room with partial view, and a regular ocean front room. Both were clean and comfy. Our only complaint was that the pool bar was not open, so we just called room service from the pool and had some yummy margaritas delivered out there. We spent time on the beach, walked to the Lexington, the aquarium, Pier 99 and Blackbeards. This hotel could not be in a better location for all of these activities. I would recommend without hesitation and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for being our guest and for the positive comments about your stay. We work hard to see our staff is respnsive to guest needs and I will see Lisa, a long time associate, is recognized for her efforts. We are glad you choose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. By your next visit we hope to have our renovation completed and you will see our great new look.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We really liked it here. The room was clean and the beach was right there outside our hotel!! The staff was really nice and we had no problems. Comfortable bed too. You can walk to the Lexington to see the big ship (very interesting, highly recommend) or you can go to the State Aquarium. We have small kids and that was great since they have a splash park too. Overall, wonderful stay!! The kids enjoyed the beach and there was so much to do. We drove onto the island and had a great day there. There is a lot to do and this hotel was very close. I don't know what these other people are talking about, I mean, can you really control what a gas station does that has nothing to do with the hotel?

Thank you for making our trip fun. We are big fans of Radisson and continue to be.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for being our guest and for the compliments on the staff and the hotel. We work to see all guests have a positive experience and thank you for letting us know what a nice time you had. We agree that our location provides a unique setting for families that want to take in the wonderful attractions of Corpus Christi and we work to provide a clean and friendly environment to augment the total experience.
We look forward to seeing you again when your travel brings you to the North Beach. Travel Safe.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My friend and I were in town for a funeral on a very busy weekend,arriving Friday,out on Sunday.
Upon arrival,the clerk informed us that our reservations were for Sat. & Sunday,one bed only-and they were sold out.
Luckily,the email I was copied on showed that this was incorrect.
We were given a room with 2 queen beds at the stated rate. Our room,at first glance,was clean enough.
Cons: The toilet did not flush without the handle being held down. The safe would not open.
The small in-room coffee maker did not work. A ceiling tile in the bathtub area was knocked out of place,exposing the area above it-not a very secure feeling! Parking is an problem,there seems to not be enough room when the hotel is full. (Many guests seem to park where they please,ignoring signage) This hotel could use some updating,and definitely a good cleaning. Parking is a major pain.
Pros: The bathroom & bed linens were very clean,the Sleepnumber beds were quite comfortable.

After having ordered a pot of room service coffee,I spoke with Brian,the Manager on duty. I found him very responsive to the issues I brought up,and they were resolved to our satisfaction.
Overall,we stayed at the hotel for sleep only,and it meet our needs.

Radisson is fortunate to have a manager who is looking for the win/win.
Thank you,Brian. You made a stressful weekend more tolerable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaukaGal
Reviewed July 31, 2012

07/16/12-07/18/12 ...Ok my wife and I decided on the Raddison hotel in
Corpus because :

PROS :So, we thought !

1. Its a Raddison , it had to be nice .
2. It stated it was on a beach .
3. We paid 160.00 a night
4. Sleep Number bed , this oughta be cool .
5. Nice pool .
6. Close to BlackBeards.

CONS:
1. Hotel is VERY outdated , rooms are VERYsmall !
2. This hotel had gravely sand trucked in , to make a beach , not actual fluffy
sand from Corpus .
3 . Over Priced for this Hotel , I now would pay no more than 69.95 to stay there again
4.Sleep Number bed might have been ok if the zipper was'nt broken , therefore
side edge foam bellowed out , and I had to sleep in reverse holding onto my
wifes feet , litterally , but they did refund me one night , which is ok , I guess !
5. Pool was full of Drunk loud people , and my 10 yr old boy had to walk past a drunk young
couple that litterly would have been having sex if their swimsuiits would have been off !
6. Blackbeards had decents ratings on Trip Advisor , but honestly we didn't eat there
because the people that were leaving and working there of course were the same type of folks
we had experienced at the hotel ...methed out looking , dirty , etc !
7. Evertime we entered and left the hotel through the main entrance , employees were
smoking at the little umbrella tables , ummm gotta love the smell of cigs , especially since I do not smoke !

Summary: This hotel was in an area that had not been mowed in a long time , the gas station I purchased gas at
as I was leaving , I thought had been condemed , but no , it was in business ! Very Very Very Trashy area !!!

If you want to stay at Corpus , stay at a hotel across from the marina , everything there was Beautiful, and we could
have stayed at the OMNI for about the same price . Also we went on the Lexington which was Awesome and
The Texas State Aqurium , which was ok , but the Aquarium in Moody Gardens , Galveston blows this one away ! Then we go to the Beach ,
national seashore , even though it was covered in seaweed at the time , it was the best part of the trip !!! Now since we gaot one Night refunded , we shot up the coast to Galveston so we
could end our trip on a High note !!! Hope this review helps , Im not a complainer , but when something is this bad I have to voice my opinion ! God Bless

Room Tip: Get a hotel near the Marina , stay away unless you like Trashy Hotels !
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peacja1
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for being our guest and for the feedback, we will use it to improve our service. I am sorry about the bed situation and will have it addressed immediatley. We do have employees patrol the pool area to insure the actions of the guests are not negative, but we cannot always catch every infraction. We do not allow our associates to smoke in front of the hotel and I will research to see it never re-occurs. I am sorry for these situations and will discuss them with my staff to be more attuned. I know we can do better and appreciate your comments.
Although I do not agree with your assessment of the North Beach Area we cannot control what the other businesses do. We are proud of the area and feel the Beach is a very positive environment and a great asset to Corpus Christi visitors

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The pro's and the cons'...
Pro's: awesome beds! they were extremely comfortable, the micro and fridge area were clean and so was the bathroom. The balcony was ok with 2 chairs but no table, just a small table would have been nice to put our drinks on. I was pleased with our view (room 430). It was a partial view of the beach but what we like about it was the view of the bridge! It's lit up at night and displays an amazing light change every few seconds. There were so many different colors and patterns. A great view of the USS Lexington which is also lit at night. My 5 yr old loved watching the huge ships passing through the channel and also a good view of the pool. The Hooks played a baseball game on Fri night and put on a nice firework display after the game which we watched from our balcony.
Abraham and other staff members were very helpful and accommodating. All staff members that we were in contact with made sure our request were met and were prompt.
Great location if you want to tour USS Lexington (highly recommended, expect to spend hours touring it but you can leave and come back on same day just keep your receipt), it's walking distance from hotel! Also very close to the Aquarium, Black Beards Restaurant (right in front of hotel) & pier 99 (great margaritas) and several surf shops.
Con's: in need of desperate renovation! The carpet was disgusting and felt sticky from all the filth. I made the kids wear their flip flops the whole time. The beach area was a huge disappointment for us. The sand was mixed with small trash objects (ie beer/bottle caps) and there were jellyfish (maybe a hit n miss depending on several factors?) We ended up going to North Padre Island and had a great time (just 30 min drive to Bob Hall Pier and beach). Pool was a bit on dirty side but mostly from ignorant guest who didn't wash off from beach and brought in the sand. It has potential if they redesign and open the bar by the pool. The restaurant was not impressive and below avg food. The lounge on 3rd flr has alot of potential but in need of a new decorator/designer and window washer!
We will be back to Corpus and deciding factor on staying will depend on the renovation. A spa would be nice to get nails done or a massage. And a laundromat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business