Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
$130
Country Inn
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Near Texas A&M - Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$99
$85
ComfortSuites
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$117
BestWestern.com
$150
EmbassySuites.com
Best Western Padre Island(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$110
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$75
EconoLodge
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$120
$93
Travelocity
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
$134
$127
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,045 results
All reviewsuss lexingtonocean viewwalking distancestate aquariumbeach accessaircraft carriercorner roomgift shopbeds were comfortablestaff was very friendlyblackbeardsbridgebay
Reviewed July 31, 2012

07/16/12-07/18/12 ...Ok my wife and I decided on the Raddison hotel in
Corpus because :

PROS :So, we thought !

1. Its a Raddison , it had to be nice .
2. It stated it was on a beach .
3. We paid 160.00 a night
4. Sleep Number bed , this oughta be cool .
5. Nice pool .
6. Close to BlackBeards.

CONS:
1. Hotel is VERY outdated , rooms are VERYsmall !
2. This hotel had gravely sand trucked in , to make a beach , not actual fluffy
sand from Corpus .
3 . Over Priced for this Hotel , I now would pay no more than 69.95 to stay there again
4.Sleep Number bed might have been ok if the zipper was'nt broken , therefore
side edge foam bellowed out , and I had to sleep in reverse holding onto my
wifes feet , litterally , but they did refund me one night , which is ok , I guess !
5. Pool was full of Drunk loud people , and my 10 yr old boy had to walk past a drunk young
couple that litterly would have been having sex if their swimsuiits would have been off !
6. Blackbeards had decents ratings on Trip Advisor , but honestly we didn't eat there
because the people that were leaving and working there of course were the same type of folks
we had experienced at the hotel ...methed out looking , dirty , etc !
7. Evertime we entered and left the hotel through the main entrance , employees were
smoking at the little umbrella tables , ummm gotta love the smell of cigs , especially since I do not smoke !

Summary: This hotel was in an area that had not been mowed in a long time , the gas station I purchased gas at
as I was leaving , I thought had been condemed , but no , it was in business ! Very Very Very Trashy area !!!

If you want to stay at Corpus , stay at a hotel across from the marina , everything there was Beautiful, and we could
have stayed at the OMNI for about the same price . Also we went on the Lexington which was Awesome and
The Texas State Aqurium , which was ok , but the Aquarium in Moody Gardens , Galveston blows this one away ! Then we go to the Beach ,
national seashore , even though it was covered in seaweed at the time , it was the best part of the trip !!! Now since we gaot one Night refunded , we shot up the coast to Galveston so we
could end our trip on a High note !!! Hope this review helps , Im not a complainer , but when something is this bad I have to voice my opinion ! God Bless

Room Tip: Get a hotel near the Marina , stay away unless you like Trashy Hotels !
1  Thank Peacja1
Chhatrala, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for being our guest and for the feedback, we will use it to improve our service. I am sorry about the bed situation and will have it addressed immediatley. We do have employees patrol the pool area to insure the actions of the guests are not negative, but we cannot always catch every infraction. We do not allow our associates to smoke in front of the hotel and I will research to see it never re-occurs. I am sorry for these situations and will discuss them with my staff to be more attuned. I know we can do better and appreciate your comments.
Although I do not agree with your assessment of the North Beach Area we cannot control what the other businesses do. We are proud of the area and feel the Beach is a very positive environment and a great asset to Corpus Christi visitors

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The pro's and the cons'...
Pro's: awesome beds! they were extremely comfortable, the micro and fridge area were clean and so was the bathroom. The balcony was ok with 2 chairs but no table, just a small table would have been nice to put our drinks on. I was pleased with our view (room 430). It was a partial view of the beach but what we like about it was the view of the bridge! It's lit up at night and displays an amazing light change every few seconds. There were so many different colors and patterns. A great view of the USS Lexington which is also lit at night. My 5 yr old loved watching the huge ships passing through the channel and also a good view of the pool. The Hooks played a baseball game on Fri night and put on a nice firework display after the game which we watched from our balcony.
Abraham and other staff members were very helpful and accommodating. All staff members that we were in contact with made sure our request were met and were prompt.
Great location if you want to tour USS Lexington (highly recommended, expect to spend hours touring it but you can leave and come back on same day just keep your receipt), it's walking distance from hotel! Also very close to the Aquarium, Black Beards Restaurant (right in front of hotel) & pier 99 (great margaritas) and several surf shops.
Con's: in need of desperate renovation! The carpet was disgusting and felt sticky from all the filth. I made the kids wear their flip flops the whole time. The beach area was a huge disappointment for us. The sand was mixed with small trash objects (ie beer/bottle caps) and there were jellyfish (maybe a hit n miss depending on several factors?) We ended up going to North Padre Island and had a great time (just 30 min drive to Bob Hall Pier and beach). Pool was a bit on dirty side but mostly from ignorant guest who didn't wash off from beach and brought in the sand. It has potential if they redesign and open the bar by the pool. The restaurant was not impressive and below avg food. The lounge on 3rd flr has alot of potential but in need of a new decorator/designer and window washer!
We will be back to Corpus and deciding factor on staying will depend on the renovation. A spa would be nice to get nails done or a massage. And a laundromat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mom-of-4-n-NoMore
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The staff at this hotel was amazing. From checking in, to room service, maintenance to housecleaning, everyone was so nice and helpful. The rooms were clean although dated.

There is free parking but no valet, which when traveling alone with my children is a must for me. The view was nice on the ocean side. The beach however, is not very nice. There were a lot of jellyfish. Both of my girls were stung and visually saw others. The pool was cute but gross. There is no way I would have gotten in that water, especially since the bathrooms were out of order. Where were all of these people going? Somehow I don't think all the way back to their room. Yuck.

We drove the 25 minute drive to Port Aransas and sure wish we would have stayed there. It's worth the drive if you are planning on enjoying the beach and don't need to be near downtown Corpus Christi.

1  Thank AnnaleiseHall

Thank you for being our guest. I want to let you know the beach is owned and maintained by the City of Corpus Christi; we do try to assist by picking up trash and maintaining our entry. Regarding the pool, we do have rest rooms for hotel guests immediatley inside the hotel at the closest entrance to the pool. This is a Salt Water pool and and ahas a fully functioning filtration system that is maintained daily (even though it is automatic).
I am excited to tell you we have a major renovation scheduled for the fall and will be anxious for you to see our great new look.
Best Regards,
Entire Staff of he Radisson Beach Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Free parking and we immediately experienced hospitality from the staff when we got there, helped me set up a temporary workstation so I could get a little freelance job out of the way. Dealt with staffers as we checked in and checked out, maids and food servers; they all bent over backward for us, all inquiring of our satisfaction, all courteous, professional and helpful.

The view from our bayside room on an upper floor was stunning, majorly enjoyed the balcony too. Had good wifi. The place has seen better days (a little frayed and scarred here and there) but it was a far, far cry from a dump (about 10 levels up from what the old Galveston Flagship Roach Hotel was before it was blessedly torn down, if you happen to remember that place; just know that it's not the Ritz but it's not anywhere near The Munsters house, either).

Our room and our well-supplied bathroom were super clean and the beds were very comfortable. When it comes to affordable beach hotels (and affordable is the key word here; if you want a perfectly impeccable beach hotel, you generally have to break the bank), I don't like to be too hard on them because I feel that beachgoers take a huge toll on a hotel, especially the spring breakers and the big families with lots of small kids (not judging, just saying).

If I had to gig the hotel on anything, it might be for having a super-cramped business center and bad and overpriced restaurant food. But maybe a beach hotel doesn't get a lot of business travelers and generally only very upscale hotels have decent food (though this one seemed to be trying to improve their food, great servers and friendly manager all solicited feedback and promised to act on it -- I suggested ditching the "gravy" for one thing -- plus their breakfast buffet, unlike the regular menu items, was pretty great and included fresh fruit and all the usual stuff, very tasty and I think only $8.99).

So anyhow, we enjoyed our stay, liked the walking proximity to the aquarium and the Lexington and enjoyed the very nice beach with pagodas, chairs and tables, and the beautiful surf and passing boats. It was all well within our standards for cleanliness and service, which I think our standards for those things are pretty high. I will say though that to stay again, would always want bayside room on upper floor.

Room Tip: Ask for bayside upper floor and hope you get it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We decided to visit the Radisson in Corpus after a long day of shopping at the mall. Although we did not stay in the hotel, as we were visiting the beach for the day and decided to have some drinks at the bar. My father and I had coronas, a safe bet. My wife ordered a margarita and my mom ordered a pina colada. OK, here we go... we visted the downstairs restraraunt and they stated that the bar on the third floor was closed until a later time, but the waitress stated that she could tend to our order regardless. Let me start w the good, the waitress was nice and professional and the view was nice. The bad, she took forever to get the drinks, and once the drinks were received they sucked b*lls. The margarita which cost 7 bucks was probably the worst maragrita my wife has ever drank. It was bland with no taste and absolutely no tequilla, my mothers pina colada sucked as well. It tasted like crap w a tad bit flavor of rum and milk and was not worth the seven dollars it cost. Objectively, we would not go back to this hotel for the drinks, and probably not for the food. I will say this, if you're thinking about food and drinks visit the other places nearby, just dont visit Pier 99 when its packed, lousy service.
AC
PS- check out my review for pier 99

Room Tip: If you visit the bar, have a beer and avoid the mixed drinks.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Chhatrala, Manager at Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I am sorry your drinks were not up to standard and I guarantee your comments are given to the Bar operator, please accpet our apology and know we do value your business and will work hard to make positive corrections and earn you back as a guest. DR, GM