“Stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin, Texas
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Unfortunately we recently stayed at this motel. My wife, two small kids (4 and 2) and I. My wife made the reservations for us as it appeared to be a good value. We've stayed at Various Best Westerns and have had a pleasant experience. However, this one has made me rethink the whole BW Motel. We are a non-smoking family. We booked a non-smoking room. When we checked in I thought we were in a night club! It REEKED of smoke. When my wife called down the gal said I'll bring up febreze! When I came up after my youngest woke up in the care I couldn't believe they expected this to be a non smoking room. When I called the front desk the girl said "hello, hello" of which I replied hello, can you hear me? She replied "no I can't hear you and hung up!" LOL, really? So I went down. She then reiterated she gave us febreze to get rid of the smoke...... She then told me she charged the last guest $35 for smoking in the room last night. Ummm, so? I asked for them to pick up the difference between that room and next door as they did not have any more rooms. Flatly refused me. I've given a terrible review on thru Best Westerns site. They're all franchises so very doubtful anything will come of it. Don't stay here. (Unless you love second hand smoke!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Woke up at 2:30 in the morning itching frantically on my arms and legs. Turned on the lights and there were bed bugs all over my bed. I left the hotel as I was not about to switch rooms and the guy behind the counter didn't even apologize and told me I had to come back when the manager was on in the morning!

When I went back with pictures, bite marks, etc, the man barely apologized. He said he'd give me $20 to cover new luggage? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I'm going to have to spend a lot of money buying new luggage, not to mention the fact i only got 3 hours of sleep and paid $50 more a night at the hotel down the street.

NEVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank emily z
LAKE ODESSA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed one night. No discount for Disable Veterans, only AAA, AARP.Room was about nornal size. Towels were very thin, they had a cat setting on a chair in the breakfast area. Ok unless you break out when cats are near. They have free drinks 7pm to 9pm, is about the only good thing about the place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

Please do not stay here. our room smelled like mold and my boyfriend caught bed bugs all over his face and back. If you do not realize what the consequences are for getting bed bugs.. trust me.. you do not want to be dealing with it after. Your skin burns like crazy for days!! The bed bugs can survive in your clothes for months and they feed off your blood so we are having to clean EVERYTHING in our suitcases and now worried that our mattress at home might be infected.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mpar58
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

I was eaten alive by dozens of bed bugs and the bathroom was full of black mold all over.

DO NOT STAY THERE!!!

Dr. Cantu

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tonycantu
Merida, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We were traveling thru Texas and wanted a hotel close to the highway. We chose this hotel because we had stayed in Best Western previously and could count on their rooms being clean and pleasant. Wow, were we surprised! It was a disaster. The doors did not lock, the ceiling above the bathtub was caving in and covered in mold. The AC made a horrific rattle. The icing on the cake for us was the cockroach in the bathtub!
It's all unfortunate because we suspect that at one time this was a decent place. Nice garden area. The staff was very pleasant -- and that's all I can say positive about this place. We couldn't wait to leave! Had we not driven 10 hours we would have "moved-on" to somewhere else. Oh, almost forgot to mention: big sign outside that says "free internet" -- the internet did not work in our room -- very poor signal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brady, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel over spring break. The first room we were in had mold all along one side of the bathroom wall and mold in the a/c. It was also very poorly cleaned. We requested to be moved and they accomodated us and moved us to a different room, upon entering that room both pictures above the beds were covered with mold and the a/c also. The plug with the blow dryer/coffee maker didn't work, poorly cleaned/ safe didn't work. Spa was filthy and didn't work, they advertised a sauna and there wasen't one. Breakfast was terrible! This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I am very disappointed in Best Western, I have stayed in many of this chain but none as bad as this one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family