“Food good but room for improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Katz 21 Steak and Spirits

Katz 21 Steak and Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Katz 21 Steak and Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 690 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Staples and Saratoga
Description: Katz 21 Steak & Spirits, the city’s only Prime Steakhouse, is newly relocated on the Southside and setting the standard for the premier fine dining experience in Corpus Christi, Texas. Specializing in dry-aged prime beef and fresh Gulf Coast Seafood, Katz 21 also offers an award-winning wine list that is sure to please every palate. Start the evening off with a glass of wine or signature cocktail in our adjoining, contemporary 21 Lounge or sit at our spacious outdoor patio bar to enjoy one of our many imported beers and some live music. We also have three elegant private dining rooms, perfect for all special occasions, for up to 150 guests. Whether you are planning a five course dinner for a small group, a large cocktail party, a button-down corporate event or the wedding reception of your dreams, your event will be choreographed down to the last detail by our private Dining & Catering Director. Call us to reserve your table or plan your next special event.
Texas
“Food good but room for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great atmosphere and service. Great bread. Foods had a pleasant appearance and were garnished well. Had "katz meow" appetizer. Shrimp portion was good but crab meat tasted like pickeled tuna. Spinach salad with warm bacon dressing was actually very cold but were quickly brought a side of warm dressing on request and salad was very good. Filet not as good as the ones I purchase at staples street market and throw on the grill and not as tender as Outbacks. Prime rib good but not as tender as some I've had in less expensive steak houses. Creame bruele seemed as though the carmelized portion had been done ahead of time and put in fridge which is a shame in a restaurant of this caliber.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bill63texas
Alissa P, Manager at Katz 21 Steak and Spirits, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for your detailed feedback! This kind of review helps us pinpoint what we're doing well and where we can improve, so I appreciate the time you took to provide it.

While it's great to hear you were pleased with our attentive service and unique presentation, I'm disappointed you weren't more impressed with our food. Rest assured that all of our food is delivered fresh daily, and all of our dishes are cooked to order — even the crème brûleé.

That said, I'll be sure to pass your comments along to our chefs. They're always open to suggestions, and I know yours will be put to good use!

Regards,

“Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first time at the new location was a business dinner, which was excellent and very impressive. The service, steaks, and wine were all excellent.
My wife and I visited for our anniversary. We had appetizers in the bar area first - no happy hour!
But it was an excellent night, again with great service and fabulous food.
I recommend especially for a business dinner - this place reminded me of a fancy country club.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your recommendation! I'm so glad that you visited us again and that you were so impressed with our new place. Hope to have you back for another steak dinner soon!

All the best,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place is awesome! Great Food, great atmosphere, GREAT SERVICE! This place is top notch. Some of the best food I have ever had. Steak was cooked perfectly! They even have some cheaper options on the menu than they had downtown. A couple of chicken dishes and I had the Surf and turf pasta. Steaek and shrimp for 19$ That dish was awesome. I would highly recommend going to Katz 21 for any occasion. And Their night club scene is awesome. We went over there at around 10pm on saturday night and by midnight the place was packed and the DJ was awesome! This place is the bast resturaunt and night club in the city! I will be back!

1 Thank Jimmy J
We can't wait to have you back, Jimmy! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoy both relaxing and letting loose at our place — knowing that you think ours are the best nightclub and restaurant in the city is just the icing on the cake. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our chefs; I have no doubt they'll appreciate your review as much as I do!

Until next time,
Corpus Christi, Texas
“I liked the old location better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I met a few friends for drinks and dinner on February 9th. We arrived early and went to the bar area to order drinks. There were about 5 waitresses huddled in a corner comparing the jewelry they were wearing and taking pictures of the jewelry with their phones. That seems more important then to come and take our order. Finally one of them acknowledges us and takes our order. Prices are reasonable, the bar atmosphere is pleasant, the live music is getting set up.

Our friends arrive and we move to the restaurant. We are seated and we offered the wine menu. We order a bottle a Chardonnay, the waiter comes back telling us that they are out of that particular brand but offers us something comparable at the same price. Fine, we will take it. We also order a bottle for Cabernet Sauvignon. Again, they are out, but give us something comparable. We order the food. When it comes, out of the six entrees ordered two are underdone, one is over done and three are OK.

After dinner we order dessert and coffee with two orders for decaf coffee. We are informed that they are out of decaf coffee. Really? There is a supermarket just 400 yards away that is open 24 hours a day.

When we were ready to check out, we had to wait 20 minutes for our waiter to show up so we could ask for our check.

In short, I liked the old location better. Service was better, food quality was better, the atmosphere was better.

1 Thank docr775
While I'm glad you enjoyed our old place, I'm sorry to hear we didn't live up to your expectations on your first visit to our new one. I hope you'll understand that although we're not new to the restaurant business, opening a new location still has its growing pains. Please know that I plan on sharing your feedback with our staff so we can work to avoid these problems going forward.

That said, I'm confident you know we're capable of much more. I hope you'll give us another chance so you can see how we've improved since February!

Best,
“disappointing...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

thought valentine's day was a good day to try out. disappointing. maybe unfair...did they have stuff ready beforehand....yes. appetizers came out five minutes after order...beef wellington. green beans looked like they had been cooked night before. lobster overseasoned. dessert..cheesecake looked like it was frozen. very disappointing. $200 plus dinner for two. probably not again. too bad. shame. personnel didn't seem to care.

• 1 of 5 bubbles