“Amazing medallions!!!!”

Katz 21 Steak & Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Katz 21 Steak & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Staples and Saratoga
Description: Katz 21 Steak & Spirits, located on the Southside, is the city’s finest Prime Steakhouse and setting the standard for the premier fine dining experience. Specializing in dry-aged prime beef and fresh Gulf Coast Seafood, Katz 21 also offers an award-winning wine list that is sure to please every palate. Start the evening off with a glass of wine or signature cocktail in our adjoining, contemporary 21 Lounge or sit at our spacious outdoor patio bar to enjoy one of our many imported beers and some live music. We also have three elegant private dining rooms, perfect for all special occasions, for up to 150 guests. Whether you are planning a five course dinner for a small group, a large cocktail party, a button-down corporate event or the wedding reception of your dreams, your event will be choreographed down to the last detail by our private Dining & Catering Director. Call us to reserve your table or plan your next special event.
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'm from Houston so I feel a little unfaithful to my dear Taste of Texas but I must say the medallions with Gorgonzola were the best I've EVER had - yum! My husbands snapper was wonderful and our Greek salad was full of flavor.

Our server was very sweet but it appears that the severs weren't scheduled very well because they were running around like crazy! Pretty slow in getting our needs taken care of but; thankfully, we weren't in a hurry. I would expect better service at this price point. However, I really don't fault the server - she was really trying.

Overall we were very pleased. I'll definately come back!

There are newer reviews for Katz 21 Steak & Spirits

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Had the blackened Ahi, first time - last time... love Ahi, this was over seasoned and over cooked. Athmosphere was very nice, location is convenient to Bank Center, beachfront and hotels.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I'll be straight with you. I'm poor, I'm 18 and my idea of dinner is Ramen and tap water. i decided to save up a hefty amount of money for my pals B-day so i could take her somewhere nice.
It was fantastic! The food took a bit but it was fun watching all the stuffy people around us sigh and hate their lives as my friend and i giggled uncontrollably over tasty warm & bread. The waitress was very sweet to us both and when my friend busted out singing the Mario theme song the waitress sung along with her!
the food was absolutely fantastic! I was pretty much full in just a few bites. My friend and i were in a bit of a rush towards the end and the waitress happily boxed our food very quickly during the complementary birthday desert.
I was pleased with everything! i believe the people on this site who complain about katz21 are just full of it. If they are so much better than this high quality restaurant they should just buy there own personal chef (i'm sure they could afford it) and be all grumpy at home while the rest of us down to earth people can be merry and enjoy something good when it comes to us!

I rest my case.

2  Thank Angela S
Reviewed December 19, 2011

WOW!! Weeks of planning for nothing! I was recently invited to a Corporate Christmas Dinner at Katz 21 by a client. We arrived on time at 7pm, the private party room was located right off the bar, and was dirty with an unswept floor. 7:30pm, no drinks, not even a water glass filled, so we all traveled to the bar to order our own at which point we are told the bartender will be our waiter, our only waiter for a party of 18, and he has other tables and customers to help at the bar. 8pm, finally get our drinks at the bar and 6 bottles of wine that have a 400% markup, that we pour and distribute ourselves. Still no water, still no other drink orders taken. 8:30pm, after 2 complaints to "management" at this time, the waiter (poor guy, not his fault the management is so poor) takes our order from a limited 3 "main course" (steak, prime rib & chicken-sides, salad, appetizer, and dessert all the same for everyone) item menu setup specifically weeks in advance for this occasion. 9:15 pm, appetizers & salads arrive (45 minutes for salad, and a 2 piece shrimp appetizer that was cold upon arrival to table), 10pm food arrives, cold, and wine bottles empty. After 3 hours everyone is starving so we eat it (mind you this is after several more complaints to the "management"). During one of the discussions with the "Manager" tells the office party organizer is told that the guys (owners of the company hosting the party) are always very difficult and that it's not his fault. 10:30, everyone is practically finished eating. Company hosts distribute a special treat, which is to be served along side the preselected dessert of New York style cheesecake, another 20 minutes, the cheesecake arrives...coffee had been requested at the end of the meal....20 minutes after cheesecake arrives, coffee arrives as we are all getting up to leave.....not one cup was served, everyone was so ready to get out of there and get home at 11:15pm. In conclusion, this was a gracious invitation by a client, and they bought for all of their guests, but I felt so very sorry that they had to keep making trips to complain about the time it took to get the food and drinks out and the overall rudeness of the manager! The manager even threatened to call the cops on one of the gentlemen while settling up the bill!! I can honestly say that this is by far the worst service I have ever had in a restaurant in Corpus Christi, which in itself is astounding! My advice, spend your money elsewhere until management improves.

4  Thank Melissa F
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Went with group of seven for 8 pm reservations. We were not seated until 8:30. Salads arrived reasonably promptly however entree arrived one hour and twenty-five minutes after being seated. All of the entrees were between warm and cold. Had to go find the server to refill empty water glasses. There was no dressing on one salad.

The group ahead of us left due to late reservations. It appears this restaurant books more groups than it can handle. I noticed a couple who were seated about the same rme as our group was finishing their entrees before ours had arrived.

I rated the atmosphere based on a very ordinary room in which they seat groups, no what I would expect at this price level.

Our reservations were made a week in advance and the restaurant called and we confirmed our reservations the day of the dinner.

We asked to speak to the manager. The server stated he could not locate the manager. They manager finally came to our table about half an hour after our request.

4  Thank David M