“Will not be back”

Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“Will not be back”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed there this past weekend for two nights and let me start by saying that the room was a nice size room with a average bed. I did appreciate that they offered firm and soft pillows. What I didn't like was the fact that we didn't have our room cleaned even though we asked them to do it 3 times the last time I asked I physically had to go downstairs to ask them to do it and all they said was oh yeah I forgot to tell you housekeeping is gone for the day. WOW really! I was like ok could you at least take up some towels for the room. (Oh no... But you can pick them up on your way back in.) Another thing that we really didn't like was the fact that the rooms thermostat was way on the other side of the room so it was either freezing or hot. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel because it was over at 9:30 no good to us way too early. Lastly we were really annoyed by the fact that house keeping knocked at our door at 9am on the day of our check out. In her words "to make sure we had not left". Keep in mind that we had the privacy door hang on the door and check out wasn't till 12pm. All I have to say is never again! Spend $200 a night elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natalie P
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello Natalie P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am saddened to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay with us. This is not the normal level of service that we pride ourselves on and I will be addressing it today with the appropriate departments. I hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you on your next visit to Corpus Christi. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of further assistance. gm@hiexpresscc.com

Julie Johnson, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stay at this hotel every week and LOVE it! The staff is great and the rooms are perfect. I travel every week for business and it is always a good feeling to come to a hotel where everyone knows me by name. The staff working front desk always greet me with a smile and actually make me feel like they are happy to see me. The rooms are always clean, the bed is extremely comfortable, and the variety in their breakfast is AWESOME! I highly recommend anyone traveling to Corpus Christi for business to select the Holiday Inn Express on Oakhurst.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank otilio g
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Otillio! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! The feeling is mutual. My staff and I always enjoy seeing you and hearing your jokes! We look forward to seeing you next Wednesday!

Julie
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. The outside was well kept. Front desk & staff was professional, great service. Staff member E.D. at front desk greeted us with a warm welcome. The room was excellent. I was looking for cleanliness and it was extra clean! Room also very updated and modern & the ac worked great. Has indoor pool and fitness center, both were well kept and very clean. Breakfast is good, had great options too. Maintenance fixed a minor issue very quickly for us. Surrounded by awesome restaurants. Also an Grocery store nearby with a pharmacy, very convienant. A night spot is nearby and we could hear the music on Saturday. The ac drowned out the sound for us. But if you are a light sleeper try requesting a room on opposite side of the night spot. It did not bother us one bit though. But overall if you are looking for a really nice, clean, comfortable hotel with a professional friendly staff, this s the place! We will definitely book here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Corpus Christi.
Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our second visit. We enjoyed the first time, but this was even better. Breakfast area was clean and the food was good. Friendly reception people and the room was all that we needed it to be. This property is very close to some good restaurants and Padre Island Staples Mall. It is a good choice for Corpus Christi.

1 Thank RoosterTexas
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello RoosterTexas! Thank you so much for your excellent review. I am glad to see you again chose our hotel for your lodging needs in Corpus Christi. I hope you noticed our new upholstery in the breakfast area. We are always looking for ways to improve and your reviews help us do so. I look forward to welcoming you and your family again on your next trip to CC!
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice servicelevel at checkin, the room was Nice and clean, but a bit Dark for my taste. Breakfast was ok at best, but very american. In all I had everything the businesstraveler could expect. I'll be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ole P
Hello, Ole P! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Corpus Christi!
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was a smoke free hotel but when we were going to bed my room smelled like somebody was smoking weed somewhere and odor must have came through the vent somehow and we called the front desk and they said they were taking care of it but not sure whatever happened with that another than that everything was fine

1 Thank Daojai
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, we do from time to time have guests that do not want to cooperate with the rules we have in place. I assure you that we do take reports such as yours seriously and have addressed the situation with the guests involved. I hope you will give us a chance to better serve you on your next trip to Corpus Christi!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. Excellent customer service. They promptly brought me the items I requested. The front desk was very informative regarding the surrounding area, even had maps printed out to hand out. The room had a microwave and a refridgerator. The complimentary breakfast had a variety of food for everyone to choose from. I left an expensive item behind, they found it and mailed it to me the next business day. I would recommend this establishment.

2 Thank NYgirlAE
Thank you so much for the lovely review of our hotel! We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Corpus Christi!