“Clean Newer Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Clean Newer Hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is location off of South Padre Island Drive which is on of the main roads in Corpus Christi for Chain Restaurants, Mall, Home Depot, etc., Take the Weber exit and stay on the service road and you will see it set back from the street. Nice rooms and very comfortable beds and all of the ammenities you would expect from Holiday Inn. The water was only a little more than warm but certainly not hot so if you like really hot showers or baths you might want to try somewhere else. Also the room I had you could see light around the door to the hall which made for a loud mornng as guests were leaving early. The breakfast is better than most with the fresh sweet rolls but still the eggs are of the powdered type. There are hard boiled eggs in the mini fridge on the counter. Definatley would try this hotel again and got a decent rate of $84 on Hotwire. Easy and friendly check in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Julie J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are currently looking into that hot water issue as we want EVERY aspect of your next stay with us to be perfect. We are constantly striving to improve. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for the weekend of my birthday, and had a wonderful stay. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with friendly staff. Also, the rooms are spacious and nicely furnished. They provide a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen tv, iron and ironing board, hair dryer. And countless amenities such as wifi, indoor pool, newspaper, laundry area, convenient store, complimentary breakfast. What more can you ask for? Again, excellent sums it all!! I would definitely return here again!!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This review is probably biased because last night I stayed at one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. I was in Port Aransas Texas and stayed at the Microtel which should've been called the roach motel. It was so dirty, the room stank of mildew, and the bed was so soft that I only slept two hours.
Now for the review. I travel a lot, I am a lifetime platinum member with Starwood and usually stay at Westin. That said, this hotel and my room deserve four out of five - which is a very good rating for my standards. The room is very clean, the amenities were very new, staff was very courteous including the manager at the front desk. The bed was a king size sheets were very clean, no old blankets, flatscreen TV, granite in the bathrooms, and the room smelled nice. I went to a discount website got a great price as well, well worth the higher rate compared to the hotel I stayed at last night. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, up-to-date place to stay in Corpus Christi I would recommend this hotel. If I have to stay in the city again I will be staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad that we were able to meet your high expectations and hope to see you again on your next trip to Corpus!
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

this is a very nice hotel .. excellent rooms, flat screen, frig, microwave, soft bed and pillows and quiet.. very clean as well EXCEPT no one checked the frig and there was food still left over in it .. hot tub and pool very nice with towels .. safe area except for a begger out side wanting money as we walked past the nice pool hall n bar and on to Outback Steakhouse .. the hotel is hard to find so look for Outback Steakhouse and it will be on the road way behind it .. located a bit from the beach but on the main strip that has the mall and numerous restruants to choose from .. Outback was not as good as we were used too but it was close .. only other gripe was the breakfast was horrible, the frozen omelet with cheeze was awful .. but the cereal, coffee and other choices were satisfying .. and please Holiday inn, clean those awful chairs, you have such a beautiful place to have those in your dinning room .. all in all, a good place for the money ..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are reviewing proper cleaning procedures with housekeeping to make sure we don't miss another refrigerator. Also, we have ordered new fabric and will be reupholstering those breakfast chairs as soon as it come in. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Corpus!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been to Corpus Christi several times on business and it's slim pickins' when it comes to a good place to stay. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the first time and I was impressed! The hotel is about 3 years old - they have the Heavenly Beds, which are very comfortable, TV, microwave, and refrigerator. The room, specifically the bathroom, appeared very clean. The only thing I don't like (and always take note) is the coffee maker in the bathroom. Yuk! Yes, they have the cups wrapped in plastic, yet, it's still not sanitary to put a coffee maker in the bathroom. That being said, I would definitely stay here again as the staff was very nice, a breakfast was offered, and the place was clean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Julie J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi! We appreciate the feedback on the coffee makers and will definitely look into finding a new home for them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi!
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here over labor day weekend with wife and two kids. Rooms are nice and clean. It's a little on the small side for a family of 4, but the location is excellent. Close to a lot of restaurants, and about a 30-40 minute drive to the Padre Island National Seashore.

The room has a microwave and small refrigerator. Breakfast is free, albeit a bit crowded in the morning. Wifi is free. We had a problem with the wired internet connection, which maintenance fixed immediately. The room even comes with 2 beds and pillows. What more can you ask for?

Just a couple of complaints. The airconditioning unit can be really loud when it turns on. And our room was facing the bar/grill (I forgot the name) next to the hotel, and the music (or whatever you call the muted sound coming from it) can be heard late at night.

Other than that, we had a great stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I have tasked my maintenance department with figuring out the ac noise so that all of our guests can enjoy the beautiful rooms we have to offer.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Pros: Newer hotel - room was clean - furnishings current - shower head very good. The hotel was filled with families but on the 4th floor, it was very quiet during the night - no parties, just sleeping children, I suppose! Staff was friendly, check-in relatively quick at 3 p.m. The internet connection was problem-free. You need an access code which expires every day.

Cons: Air conditioning unit in room was EXTREMELY NOISY and could not be adjusted in any way. The hallway temperature was 68 F but our room was more like 75 F. The refrigerator compressor was also noisy, and when both the AC and the fridge were synced-up on their cycles, the noise was disruptive to our sleep. The bed was elevated to the point where I had to hoist myself up onto it, and I am 5'8" tall. A shorter person might need a step-stool. The mattress was a pillow top but was too squishy for my liking. They give you a "soft" pillow and a "firm" pillow (labeled on the pillowcases) but neither is large enough to be comfortable. The soft pillow was too soft; the hard one was foam and much too hard.

The pool is large but the spa is very small. Would fit no more than 3 people and they'd better be good friends or family.

Neutral: The breakfast was adequate, but crowded because the hotel was full. The dining room is large but not large enough when there are so many families. The "omelets" (pre-made egg patties) had American cheese in the middle which was disgusting, and they were not hot. But there were other choices, including cereal (hot and cold), muffins and cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, etc. So I am not rating the hotel based on this. I think they were doing the best they could when so many were staying.

There is no bath tub in these rooms, just a large shower, so if you have kids that need a bath tub, you'll need another hotel.

There is one elevator and it is slow. It has loud chimes when you get in and out, so don't get a room near the elevator if you can help it.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor unless you want overhead noise. Neither side has a good view.