First off, this hotel is somewhat hard to find. Unless you have a navigation system (we did and we still blew past it) you'll need to drive slow once getting off the freeway. Tip: look for the Outback Steakhouse and Cracker Barrel. There are no signs directing you to the hotel, which is tucked back quite a bit down Oakhurst Drive.
Once we made it in we were greeted by a very friendly front-desk clerk. Our room was nice and clean, had a living-room area and 2 beds, one flat-panel TV, mini-fridge, microwave and hair dryer. The a/c in the room was extremely noisy and made it very hard to sleep. There was an indoor pool but we did not end up using it. South Padre Island is a 15 minute drive from the hotel and there are excellent beaches there. No pool needed! We noticed signs at the beach that said you needed a "beach permit". Not wanting to get any kind of ticket we bought one ($12), however we didn't see anyone checking for permits. Another tip: if you have a car you may not want to drive too far down the beach (vehicles are allowed to park right on the beach) as your car is most likely to get get stuck in the sand. Park only where other cars are parked near the entrance to the beach.
The ice machine on the 4th floor was out of order, but the laundry worked. Another tip, bring your own detergent and softener, as a one-load box of Tide cost $2. The fitness room was small (1 elliptical, 1 treadmill, 1 bike) and it had no sanitizing wipes, only towels. The water dispenser was almost empty, too, but luckily I brought my own water bottle.
The coffee is awful. There are plenty of places around the hotel to buy coffee, so if you're picky about your coffee wait and buy it. The breakfast buffet was also pretty blah. The eggs were pretty gross and we were pretty sure that they were instant. The cinnamon rolls were really dry. The bacon looked like it came out of a box. Stick with the yogurt, hot/cold cereals and fruit.
The USS Lexington is about a 15 minute drive away from the hotel and that is a must-see. Expect to spend a few hours (at least) there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, where you will find comfort and modern luxury at one of the most convenient locations in Corpus Christi. Contemporary hospitality and Corpus Christi excitement are waiting for you. Whether here for business or pleasure we are located just 10 minutes from Downtown Corpus Christi and the central business centers: NAS/CCAD, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, American Electric Power, Citgo, and the Corpus Christi Medical Center. The Holiday inn Express & Suites is only minutes away from the Corpus Christi International Airport, Bayfront Auditorium, USS Lexington, American Bank Center, Texas Aquarium and the Beach.Relax in your own elegant room featuring stylish dA(C)cor and amenities, including a microwave, refrigerator, free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, executive desk, cable TVs, and the best night s sleep you ve had in weeks. If you re hungry, we are within walking distance to many restaurants.Enjoy a swim in our crystal-clear indoor pool or energize in our Fitness Center. Polish that presentation at the business center and we even have the right space for your professional meeting. We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Corpus Christi a success. We re the Holiday inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Corpus Christi
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn