“Poblano Roach Soup?”

Ranked #107 of 694 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
“Poblano Roach Soup?”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I use to be a fan and loved it, however, this last experience was awful, I found a roach leg in my poblano soup... Was so sad cuz it's so good... And now I vowed to never go back... If you want to take the chance go ahead, but I will not go back there again... For fear of finding an entire roach in my soup next time.:(

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Delopez777

“Great lunch spot! Visit regularly”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic lunch spot featuring sandwiches, soups, and other daily specials. Lots of veggie options, quick service and great food. The poblano soup is legendary!

• Visited June 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A friend took me here for lunch, and then I quickly took my husband back so he could experience this little place. The menu is simple, but everything we have tried is delicious. The poblana soup is my new favorite food. It is the best soup I have ever had. The chicken salad is excellent! They are only open for lunch, and it gets crowded. However, it is worth the wait!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SherrieLyne
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Super soup + salad.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you go to Nuevo Cafe (which is highly advisable), you MUST try the pablano soup, REALLY! It's so good! They also make the best Cobb salad I've ever had.

San Antonio, Texas
“Worth remembering”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The location is not ideal, but if you work downtown this place is worth remembering--and obviously people do, as it is usually busy. On a recent visit we ordered the fried green tomatoes for a starter and I had a bowl of the poblano soup--both delicious, and I could only eat about a third of the soup as it is so rich. My husband had the salad and turkey sandwich, which also came with a small side of pesto pasta salad (a bit underseasoned). The salad was large and fresh. We ended up taking half the sandwich and the pesto salad and rest of the soup home. It's nice to have a little bit funkier of a place. The art on the walls isn't necessarily to my taste, but it still enhances the experience. Service is fine.

• Visited January 2013