All reviews private beach port aransas living room sea wall every summer bob hall pier laundry facility ocean view third floor place to stay national seashore padre island great weekend easy access units trash seawall
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been going to Island House my entire life (35 years) and my dad has been going since it opened in 1968 and he was a little kid. We LOVE Island House. It’s right on the beach and has a “private” stretch of sand in front of it. It’s private in that people can walk into it if they want, but they can’t drive, so most don’t bother to walk over from the public beach. The pool is nice and well kept, and the condos are updated every 10-15 years. The furniture and beds are comfortable and there’s easy access to a variety of restaurants, etc. The condos boast full kitchens, so you can actually cook while you are there, and the kitchens come nicely outfitted with kitchenware. There is also a full size fridge, which is awesome. Every room has a private porch/balcony and there is a ton of parking. The maintenance staff are awesome - one of our TVs didn’t work at 9pm, we called the Front Desk (also super helpful and wonderful staff) and they sent maintenance right up (and he kindly showed us how we were using the remote incorrectly, haha). I cannot say enough good things about Island House - I am now taking my own kids on vacations there, so we are on our 4th generation of family to go every summer. There’s a reason folks, you don’t want to stay anywhere else!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2019

This is our 4th year at the Island House we just got back for 4th of July weekend and we had a great time! Rooms are nice & clean and fully equipped with everything we needed we love that we can walk straight to the beach come back rinse off and jump in the pool while BBQing. Staff is definitely on point here! We got to check in early and headed down to the beach we noticed the trash can was overflowing with trash and trash on the floor I asked the front desk if they could send someone to throw the trash they told me even though the trash was part of the beach and not the island house they would take care of it and send someone, within 30 minutes a couple of the staff came down and threw as much trash as they could. As they were there they also replace right there and then a couple of the steps that were very loose.GREAT JOB! Had a little trouble getting the WIFI set up within 2 minutes one of the staff members came right up and helped us out and made sure we were good!! GREAT weekend! Till next year island house.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2019

This is an older property, but very clean and comfortable. Most of all, it is a wonderful location for those of us mesmerized by the sea. The view is beautiful; the sound lovely. I would stay there again; in fact, I plan to stay there again. My husband and I were very pleased. The only problem was the patio door was reluctant to close and open, but we were persuasive and determined to make it run in its tracks. The staff is friendly, and the condo provides all the basics that visitors need. The one bedrooms are small but enough for two people. If you need more space, the two and three bedrooms have great layouts.

Room tip: Rooms on second and third floors have better views of the waves.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

We had a great weekend here and enjoyed every moment of it. Island House is a great place to stay and has a superb staff. The room was clean and cooled down before our arrival, and we got to check in early. This is the second time we stayed there and have not been disappointed. The room is fully equipped with essential needs to cook your favorite meals. Access to the beach is 50 ft from back and beautiful. Can't say enough about the accommodations, they are great.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2019

The Ocean View is amazing! Only 46 steps to the private beach from our walk out condo. The enviournment is low key,relaxing, and family friendly. Maria the host with the most let us walk in 4 different condos to choose from (all were very nice) ensuring we got the perfect condo for my husband and I.The only downfall is that there is no hot tub, but there is a nice outdoor pool. If you want to feel right at home on the beach, Island House it the place to be. We will be coming back with our kids ASAP!

Room tip: Pick a condo with a full ocean view, you won't regret paying a little extra for it.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CynthiaGM, General Manager at Island House Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Hello Tanya,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and letting us know how your stay was. It is always a pleasure hearing back from our customers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Maria assisted in making your stay as perfect as possible. She is definitely a keeper!

We truly appreciate customers like you and again, thank you for your feedback!

We hope to see you again soon,

Cynthia