“Nice place to stay.”

Courtyard Corpus Christi
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had no issues staying here and I travel allot. Everybody is very friendly. The room was nice but I wasn't aware that the actual AC unit ran separate from the wall mounted AC control. I don't think the wall unit worked or something. Other then that I have to see this was one of the better courtyards I've stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm a road runner and this Courtyard is another Marriott Hotel that do not disclose that they cycle the air at night and the room gets hot and you don't even have a way to keep the fan on for those who like the noise at night. This is very disrespectful to the guest who expects like me to have the noise and a cool room during the night. In addition, the rate was very expensive compared to better hotels by the ocean. I will not be coming back here!!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they are still cycling the air conditioners at night
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Luiz S
Courtyard Corpu... G, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning in your room. As a Marriott property, we ensure that our in room AC units are regularly cleaned and maintained. From time to time, the removal and re-installation of the units can cause an issue with the Thermostat communicating with the unit. Our engineering staff strives to make sure that all of these are correctly operating after cleaning. I am extremely sorry that yours was cycling on and off causing discomfort in temperature and noise level. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with only the best service and room you expect from Marriott on your next trip to Corpus Christi. If you would like to discuss the issue further or I can be of any additional service, please do not hesitate to contact me at 361-808-8400.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The picture of this hotel on the website makes it look like it is one of the newer Courtyards, and it has many of the new style furniture and decorations; however these changes are more cosmetic than functional. This is the kind of Courtyard with a breakfast room and an evening bar with a lounge area. (Closed Sunday evening.) It is not the kind with a restaurant open morning and night. The ventilation in the rooms isn't so great--windows do not open. We were in room 330, a king, which was above the lobby area. At 5:30 am both nights we were awakened to the smell of breakfast meats cooking. I can' imagine how the odors got in the room given that it was closed up. Fortunately, that only lasted about half an hour.

We felt this just wasn't quite up to Courtyard standards. Even breakfast was a disappointment: "spread" instead of butter, "whitener" instead of half and half, completely dried out English muffins. Admittedly, this may be a matter of "you get what you pay for" as the hotel rate was very inexpensive. For us though, it just wasn't like a Couryard. We've stayed in better Fairfield Inns in the Marriott chain. A real plus for this hotel is that the staff is terrific--first rate customer service and very friendly--both at the desk and in the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ontheroad4now
Courtyard Corpu... G, Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased that the service of our staff met your expectations, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with your room and dining experience. Our hotel staff strives to make every experience what you expect from a Courtyard and we are planning a future renovation adding the new Courtyard Bistro Experience to expand our Food and Beverage offerings to our guests. I hope that you will provide us with another chance to earn your business on your future stays in Corpus Christi. Please call me at 361-808-8400 if there are any further needs or concerns I can assist you with. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Property looks nice but Beware........This place will rip you off Over Charged my CC Still waiting for a full refund!!!!!!!!!! Bad housekeeping, broken fixtures, untrained staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jorge R, General Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide a clean environment with a friendly and trained staff and I am very sorry that this was not your experience at our hotel. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you personally to rectify any outstanding billing issues and discuss your stay in more detail. Please call me at 361-808-8400. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had to go to CC for my son's football game and had made reservations at a near by hotel. The hotel did not have an efficient room for us & put us in a smoking room. So I had to find a place fast to stay (this was also Labor Day weekend so most hotels were booked). Upon arriving we were greeted by 3 wonderful & friendliest employees. This was a predictor of how the whole weekend would go. Every employee went out of their way to make us feel welcomed! I HIGHLY recommend Courtyard CC!

Room Tip: we had a room facing the north side and didn't have any noise issues
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stay one night for a bussines trip, I check in late afternoon, the process was very smooth and fast, the staff very friendly, the room very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The only minus was the room did not have a microwave. The hotel location close to interstate, also restaurants, and airport. Overall, I am very satisfied with the service I will come back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here for on business for 4 days this August. The room was very clean and new. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. The hotel is situated off the main highway so you do not hear any road noise. The exercise room is also nice. It has treadmills and weights so you can get a good workout. Everything in this Courtyard Marriott looks new and up to date. The breakfast was excellent and the staff serving the breakfast were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is located near many good restaurants and shops. It's also only 10 minutes from the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business