“Not what I expected for a Courtyard Mariott!”

Courtyard Corpus Christi
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The customer service was poor, they didn't have rooms for check in, we were told to come back 2 hours later, and still didn't have rooms. They DO NOT offer a free breakfast, yet they say its a lovely Courtyard Cafe, NOT. Internet didn't work half the time in the rooms, and of course the beds didn't feel good at all. Had to sleep sideways on them to even be comfortable. Did not fill any of the requests we had for extra pillows or towels. Did not clean the room on the 2nd day. We had trash in there for three days. We finally had to bag it up ourselves and ask the front desk for clean towels. Just not a good stay for the price and the name. Won't stay at this place again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bsrsunshine
Jorge R, Manager at Courtyard Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Corpus Christi. I take every guest comment and concern very seriously and to heart. I understand that customer service and housekeeping were not delivered in a proper manner but know that I will share your comments with our staff so we can continue to improve and deliver our promise of great standars and customer service. Please if you can contact me at 361-808-8400.Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Corpus Christi

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just stayed one night, but it was very nice and comfortable. The Courtyard Corpus Christi is in a nice quiet location. There are many chain restaurants nearby. The City of Corpus Christi is a dump, so don't bother staying at the overpriced downtown hotels like the Omni, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were in town for my high school reunion. Standard Courtyard. Place is clean and staff is professional. Nice to have a bar on site even though not a large hotel. Beds were comfortable. Good shower pressure and temperature. Always enjoy having a small refrigerator in the room to keep things cool. Free Wifi with no code required. Thank you that is always a pain with a smart phone.

I wish the room had a full length mirror. As I was getting dressed for important events it would have been nice to see myself. Only mirror is in the bathroom and not full length. Can not remember the last hotel I stayed in that doesn't have a full length mirror in it. A nicer touch would also be a makeup mirror if not going to have a full length mirror.

Additionally, we were in room 134. I think on a week day this would not be an issue. However, for a weekend not a great room. It is the room closest to the breakfast buffet and front desk. In the morning not only can you hear the early birds at breakfast but you can smell the bacon in the morning and the cookies in the afternoon. The other issue is it shares a wall with an employee only room. I believe it is where some of the things are kept for house keeping. As early as 6am one morning I could hear them in there. Maybe taking something off the wall. Again on a weekday when I have to get up not an issue but on the weekend after a long night of hanging out with old friends it was issue.

One other thing about the hotel on a Sunday they host a church in the meeting room in the hotel. Again extremely close to room 134.

As soon as I saw the location of the room, I almost went back and requested another one. However, we were running late and I didn't think we would be spending that much time in the room. However, if I go back I will not stay in room 134. It is a King size room for those of you with that reservation.

Housekeeping also need to pay a bit more attention to detail. Second day found stray hair on clean towels that was not ours.

Location in Corpus is ok. Really depends on why you are there. Most of our events were in downtown about 15 minutes drive away. I didn't want to pay for the Omni and the drive didn't bother me. This location would not be ideal if you are there for the beach. I am willing to stay a bit father for a less expensive room that is clean.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 134
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Me9247
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Corpus Christi from June 23 - 25 for a track meet and had a wonderful experience! We will stay here again whenever we travel to Corpus Christi. The desk staff were friendly and very helpful. As we were checking in, the attendant overheard a comment I made to my husband and immediately offered a room alternative that better suited our needs than the one I had originally reserved. I was really impressed with her attentiveness and the fact that she offered this room at the same rate as our reservation. The staff also answered my numerous questions patiently and attentively, offering great restaurant recommendations. They provided extra towels upon request without question. I was truly impressed with their courtesy and professionalism.

The room (a double king) was very clean and comfortable. Even though it was across from the ice machine and near the elevators, it was extremely quiet. The hotel was almost completely booked because of the track meet, yet we were able to sleep soundly. The only noise I heard was from people moving around in the hallway above us, and that was not loud.

I used the exercise room early in the morning -- it was clean, cool, well-stocked with water and towels, and all equipment worked properly. We used the pool on Friday night -- it was clean, with plenty of chairs. Clean towels were available in a storage bin.

This was probably the best hotel experience I have ever had. We are normally impressed with Marriott properties, but this hotel actually exceeded our expectations. We will be back. Thanks to the staff for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard for a week while on a business trip to Corpus Christi. My room was not ready when I arrived (apparently, they were full the day before), so I had to wait an hour beyond the check-in time. As compensation, they said I could get anything from the convenience store; I got a bottle of water. My room had everything you'd expect from a Courtyard, including a mini-fridge. The toiletries were by Paul Mitchell, although housekeeping did not replenish them for two days. On my second day, I returned to the hotel around 3:00 p.m. and my room still had not been cleaned. Housekeeping came in soon after, and she only tidied up the bed and replaced the towels (but did not replenish the toiletries). I thought it was because she did not want to disturb me because I was still in the room. However, the following day, when I was not in my room when housekeeping came, it was the same thing. Although the bed was tidied and the used towels taken away, the toiletries were not replenished and the bathroom was not cleaned (e.g. hair in the tub). On the third day, the toiletries were finally replenished, but housekeeping left a bottle of bathroom cleaner on the sink. In retrospect, I should've just kept it and used it to clean the bathroom floor myself. On my last night there, the comforter had a stain on it.

This Courtyard offers light breakfast (continental?) for $5.95 or full breakfast for $7.95. There was always crisp bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs (a bit dry) and potatoes (either tator tots or the smaller squarish cut). Juice drinks include cranberry, apple, and orange juice. It was a disappointment that on a Thursday, they ran out of apple and orange juice during breakfast. There is a cashier monitoring the breakfast area, and they are prompt with giving you the bill (much appreciated during days when I was already rushing through breakfast).

The Courtyard is located just across TX Route 358 from La Palmera mall and conveniently located to many chain restaurants, such as Outback, On the Border, Joe's Crab Shack, IHOP, Cheddars, etc.

Having free wireless internet in the room was very convenient for business travelers. I also appreciated the 24-hour fitness room with the water cooler. I could just refill my water bottle and have very cold water on hand. My mini-fridge was very cold that it turned my bottled water into ice overnight.

Overall, this was not a bad place for business travel. I hope that next time I return, housekeeping will have improved.

Room Tip: If on the second floor facing the pool, you might get some noise from the pool area. I appreciate th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CCC_wanderlust
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is the second time staying at this property. No complaints here. I like that I can always count on the quality of this hotel. I have made the mistake of looking for less expensive accomodations in CC and have paid the price! The rooms are large and are kept very clean. I love how it is convenient to everything, easy access on and off SPID. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2012

It's a Courtyard- nothing spectacular but clean, relatively quiet and has easy access to the local dining options. Fast check-in and much nicer rooms than the Embassy Suites down the road. Fairly close to the airport and downtown area- about 15 min. to either location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business