“Nice hotel, if it was cleaner.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #50 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The location is on the industrial side of town but was not a problem. The rooms and lobby were nice but seems like there was no effort in keeping it clean. Trash cans were overflowing outside and inside no ice on our floor we left and came late and still the same mess. The room looked nice and was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank gengen14
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on third floor. We have a king suite that was exactly what I expected. Had everything except full oven and it Also it did not have any cooking supplies. Internet was slow at times. Neighborhood looks unsafe but the hotel made me feel safe. All doors are locked at night and you have to have key to get in. Also lets you reserve under twenty one which was important for us because we are both nineteen.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2015

Mspicer54,

Thank you so much for the wonderful response you have posted on Tripadvisor. Please know that I will be sharing this with the rest of the staff and management.

Feed back from our guest is always welcome as we strive to provide excellent services to all our guest.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was my fourth stay at this location. Each time has been a pleasant experience and I have never been disappointed. Every employee I encountered (from check-in to housekeeping, from maintenance to the marketing person) was friendly and professional. Check-in was quick, housekeeping was prompt, and the morale was high. I travel a lot and frequently stay at the same hotels. This is the only place that has remembered me.

The room was spacious and had the perfect-sized desk to spread out and work. The king-sized bed made for a good night's sleep.

My only complaint is that the internet speed could have been faster.

The location may not look ideal, but I assure you, the staff and amenities more than make up for the lack of exterior aesthetics. Well worth the price.

I am already planning my fifth visit.

Christopher

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Now mind you not when i think of service at a hotel i think of something that just goes on by and the staff just wants to get things done even when its towards the shift change, now i must say the ladies here when i checked in was very nice i belive she said her name was lori. The kindest person i have ever encountered when cheeking into the hotel i loved it there she was a great hotest and was able to assist me with what ever she could and point me in the right directions and the young lady as i was checking out the girl who does graveyard, i was unable to get her name was as sweet as can be and had the greatest smile as im leaving to go start my day. When i do travel back to Corpus Christi i defently will be staying at this location. the lobby is very well kepth and a close to the city that i couldnt belive it thank you guys for such a great time hope to see ya'll soon -zack

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Zacheria B
Lori J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Corpus Christi Inn & Suites Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - Corpus Christi Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Check in staff was very nice,had a problem with a light maintenance man came and fixed right away,very polite,,good experience ,the only thing is the internet was not working only complaint I have,,would highly recommend to friends...

• Stayed: November 2013
Lori J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time and telling us about your experience here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. We, as a team, thank you for the great comments of the level of service we provided to you...our valued guest!

We do apologize for your experience with the Wi-Fi and we would like to assure you that we are working diligently on only providing the best amenities to our guest. We hope that this experience does not prevent you from visiting us once again.

We look forward to your visit in the near future and once again, thank you.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Despite its modest accommodations, I had never been disappointed with the Red Roof Inn. Until now. I booked it because it was by the side of the road and I was driving all the way from San Antonio arriving at 11.00 PM. And it was cheap. However, there was no soap in my room, the carpets were all stained and imagine my surprise next morning when I see a roach climbing up the wall. Besides, internet, which is fundamental for my stay was incredibly slow and the connection was up and down all the time. There are plenty of other accommodations in the area so respect yourself and don't bother.

The staff is sweet and helpful but the property just doesn't do it.

Room Tip: Just don't choose any. Keep going to another property.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gmokatz
Lori J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again at our brand when your travel plans require a night's lodging.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn a few months ago! The lady at the desk invited me and my wife for breakfast in the morning, will next morning we show up at 6am, no breakfast just coffee! We decided to go eat at IHOP!

Room Tip: Quite A/C was able to get some good sleep and rest! The rooms were very nice and the parking lot are...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple