“Don't go!”

Ranked #48 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Don't go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Yuck! Directly across from the hotel isa very gross apartment complex, loitering people everywhere in the middle of the afternoon on a week day. There was trash everywhere in the parking lot, at the entrance, and the trash cans were overflowing. The front door handle was broken, even the lobby was unkept. Our room was not ready, so we left to go do something else and decided we did not feel comfortable going back due to the safety factor and lack of cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Terrible customer service!!! I initially booked this room through priceline.com. Doing so, I was able to get a very good price ahead of time by booking well in advance with the "name your own price option". I booked the stay for a business trip in town in which I was supposed to stay for 5 consecutive nights.

On the night of my check in date, I landed in San Antonio, TX. Due to flight delays, I didn't get in until a few hours later than expected. Since I was tired and didn't feel like driving to Corpus that night, I decided to make the trek in the morning when my work shift started at 7 AM.

On my way to work in the morning, I called to inform Red Roof Inn that I did not check in the night before because of a flight delay and that I would be checking into the room later that night if that was okay. The person working the front counter pulled up my reservation and told me it would be no problem to do so. They told me "We'll see you tonight!". Upon the end of my shift, I arrived at the hotel around 7:30. Here, I was told that my reservation had been canceled!

I calmly asked why and was told that since I did not check in on the night before, that the room had been forfeited. This was memorial day weekend, so finding another hotel at this time proved to be very difficult. I asked why I was not told this by the person I spoke to in the morning. The front desk girl informed me that the person was "new" and didn't know the rules. I requested to speak to a manager and the only thing she would offer me was a room at their current going rate (about 4x what I had booked it at on priceline!!!) and the supervisor reacted to me as if I made the story up of even speaking with someone in the morning.

Now it was last minute on Memorial Day weekend and I was without a room in Corpus. I ended up staying at a Holiday Inn downtown which was very accommodating, but cost significantly more than I bargained for.

What really upsets me is that they know I made the reservations for multiple consecutive nights and even though they still had rooms available, they would not give me a room without spending 4x what I had booked the room on through priceline.

I had never experienced such poor customer service. I can't believe they treat their customers this way and have no trouble leaving me without a room, even though I called to confirm it in the morning. This is absolutely poor business practices and because such, you won't catch me staying in a red roof inn again.

This particular establishment is in a very poor part of town too, so beware. It may be a blessing in disguise that I ended up having to move locations.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drjrb123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel was very clean, and a quiet area.. location didn't bother us at all. Rooms are very big, love the room with the kitchenette. Only con-was a minor pet odor and dated towels. Towels were clean but rough. We will definitely stay at this hotel again, and will tell others about it...

• Stayed July 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I must say this is a great motel big clean rooms and very nice service this is my second time stayin here and i have stayed here almost a month other than no smoking room everything great me my son and husband is here for business and received discount for weekly stay they have a nice clean pool with BBQ grill anyone can use...we will be back and tell other people close by this is a great motel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a Great Stay! It was me My Partner, best friend, my Daughter and our 2 Nephews. The staff were Great Room Clean! Area felt safe. Very convenient for the Main Strip of the beach as well as convenient store next door and grocery just down the road! We had a Great time with the Kids.

• Stayed June 2013
Lydia M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate you taking out the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn and Suites Corpus Christi. We are grateful that we did meet the needs of your family, and that you did have a great stay while staying here at the Red Roof Inn and Suites Corpus Christi.
We do hope that we are able to accommodate your family again in the near future again.
Lydia Morales
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the Fourth of July weekend so it was very busy n a little noisy ! However the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable ! The staff seemed very nice and helpful !
We had rather noisy people up above us which wasn't good , especially as this went on till after midnight !

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Located right by I 37S., just few minutes from front ocean drive. The Hotel Sign is easy to see from highway. The surounding areas looked no attract at all. Lighted parking lot at night, but you not felt safe for your car??? The hotel is looked good kept in and outside, next to a gas station/ convenient store... The staffs are nice and helpfull. The hotel had 3 stories, some how on the night I stayed, just only 2nd. floor you can get Ice(No Ice Machine on 3rd. floor!!!). They said had Wifi, but no connection at all??? Room did not have Bath Towels, we had to call Front Desk and have to run down to pick them up. The Towels they gave to us were not sized of Bath Towels, they were so ruined down, so thin, so dry... you would not want to wipe your face!!! They said they ran out the towels??? and asked us waited till next morning! The bottom of Bath Tub was so slippery!!! When you shower with their soap, the oily of its soap made the tub's floor become so bad that you feel you could not stand at all!!! My sister did failed when she left the shower!!!! Luckly, not that bad. So, BE CAREFULL!!!

Room Tip: I would chose the room face to the front of the hotel. I would chose to park the car in front parkin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lydia M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

We do appreciate you taking out the time and telling us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn and Suites Corpus Christi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are currently working on expanding the wifi coverage so that each and every floor is able to successful connect to internet. Initially the demand for the internet was lower than normal, but because of the industrializing environment we are expanding our coverage to fit the needs of our guest. The holiday weekend also caused the need for towels to be higher than normal. Lastly, we do have ice machines that are conveniently located on the first and second floor.

Lydia Morales