“Sharing Experiences of our stay...”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #50 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Located right by I 37S., just few minutes from front ocean drive. The Hotel Sign is easy to see from highway. The surounding areas looked no attract at all. Lighted parking lot at night, but you not felt safe for your car??? The hotel is looked good kept in and outside, next to a gas station/ convenient store... The staffs are nice and helpfull. The hotel had 3 stories, some how on the night I stayed, just only 2nd. floor you can get Ice(No Ice Machine on 3rd. floor!!!). They said had Wifi, but no connection at all??? Room did not have Bath Towels, we had to call Front Desk and have to run down to pick them up. The Towels they gave to us were not sized of Bath Towels, they were so ruined down, so thin, so dry... you would not want to wipe your face!!! They said they ran out the towels??? and asked us waited till next morning! The bottom of Bath Tub was so slippery!!! When you shower with their soap, the oily of its soap made the tub's floor become so bad that you feel you could not stand at all!!! My sister did failed when she left the shower!!!! Luckly, not that bad. So, BE CAREFULL!!!

Room Tip: I would chose the room face to the front of the hotel. I would chose to park the car in front parkin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lydia M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

We do appreciate you taking out the time and telling us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn and Suites Corpus Christi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are currently working on expanding the wifi coverage so that each and every floor is able to successful connect to internet. Initially the demand for the internet was lower than normal, but because of the industrializing environment we are expanding our coverage to fit the needs of our guest. The holiday weekend also caused the need for towels to be higher than normal. Lastly, we do have ice machines that are conveniently located on the first and second floor.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We needed a place to stay on an emergency trip to Corpus Christi of unknown duration due to a death in the family. We chose Red Roof based on price and location. It is conveniently located to downtown, North Beach, Whataburger Field, and the crosstown expressway.

The Good:
1. King room was of comfortable size and bed was of good quality.
2. Nice work area (desk) with electrical outlets & good desk.
3. Excellent lighting overall. Far better than other hotels we've stayed. Only the desk area was not lighted well.
4. Microwave, mini-fridge, & small (4-cup) coffee maker in room. (These are an "upgrade)
5. Friendly staff and helpful.
6. Pet friendly, yet clean floors and fresh smell.

The Bad:
1. Long brown hair on the sheet.
2. Large flakes of dried nail polish at sink which we picked up & brushed off on arrival.
3. Had to re-set alarm clock - re-setting was not very intuitive, went online and found instruction manual.
4. Only 1 Styrofoam cup provided for coffee maker. Coffee supplies were not replenished when housekeeping came each day.
5. Very thin sheets.
6. Blanket for King bed seems to be for a double bed turned sideways. Covers top of mattress only.
7. Black out curtains let in too much light.
8. "Night stand" is a small fixed shelf taken up completely on one side by the clock and phone. No room for much else.
9. Wifi service, while free, is slow and intermittent.

No hair dryer of iron is provided. No breakfast is provided, except for items in the vending machine. Coffee is provided in the lobby.

If you are in CC and price is your main consideration, this hotel is adequate. It's clean and comfortable. Otherwise I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rls8803

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn and Suites Corpus Christi. I do aplogize that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

We are currently re-staffing and educating each employee on the proper techniques so that each room meets guest standards upon their arrival and departure.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Having travelled from mid Texas with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend we arrived at the hotel.. My husband had a choice of a hotel offering free breakfast or a hotel offering free wifi so chose this hotel for free wifi. We all tried, using various devices, a number of times to log onto the internet but without succcess. I told the reception 4 times on arrival day that the 1st floor room and 3rd floor had no wifi to be told they would will reset, then told they would contact the company concerned. A complete joke, especially when the manager said wifi worked in her 1st floor room, then being told if had old laptop that could be problem. I don't think so, our tablets are new. When I asked for more shampoo, a member from housekeeping gave me a hand lotion bottle (opened) from a Hilton Hotel - WTF! When I went down to the pool with my daughter neither of us could reach the catch to let ourselves into the pool area. What sensible person would put a catch 6 foot up a post. When I got through the gate to go for a swim there were 3 tables, 5 chairs and 1 lounger. When I asked the reception where the chairs were for the 3 tables, and why there was only 1 sun lounger I was told they were ordering new furniture! That night I had to ask for 4 chairs so we could all sit outside and enjoy a chat and drink. The area around the pool was not swept and had leaves and debris against the wall. For the price my husband paid we could have gone to Austin instead, and stayed in a far better hotel with better facilities. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Nothing good to say.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Customer,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of Red Roof Inn and Suites and our staff.

The pool area’s latch is positioned at the top of the gate for safety and precautionary measures. The pool area also offers guest chairs and tables for their own use, however, these things are limited as well to ensure that the guest are safe while they enjoy the pool and its surroundings. We are working on the expansion of our wifi coverage so that it is able to be accessed successful thought the entire hotel. Initially wifi connections were in low demand, and due to technological advances we are working to advance our network connections.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Arriving at the hotel after a long day of driving, we were at first relieved to be at our destination. The first thing we noticed was that the surrounding area was most definitely not what you would describe as affluent and the second was that the smell from the adjacent petro-chemical works was not particularly pleasant, but being seasoned travellers, we knew that this does not necessarily mean that the hotel should be of any lesser quality that that which we would usually stay in. Unfortunately, in this case that is exactly what it did mean.

After reaching our room, we noticed that the standards of cleanliness were very poor, with grime around the bath/shower, black marks on the white walls, layers of accumulated dust and dirt on the floor and the iron missing from its bracket. Regardless, we were only there for 2 nights and would be spending most of our time elsewhere.

We decided to venture out to find a meal. Not knowing the area, we asked the receptionist if she could recommend the best place to find somewhere to eat. Her response was "it depends what you want to eat" and despite some further probing questions from us, in the end we had to go without directions and ended up driving 15 miles back in the direction we had come from, where we remembered seeing some restaurants clustered by the side of the highway but had decided to pass by in favour of somewhere nearer the hotel. It wasn't until the next afternoon that chance took us to an area of Corpus Cristi just 5 minutes drive from the hotel, with only one interchange that had a series of good places to eat.

Returning to the hotel that evening, we settled down for the night. Only to see in the light from the television, a small figure scuttling across the floor to take shelter under the air conditining unit. As you may be able to see from the attached photograph, this turned out to be a mouse, which to all appearances had some way of accessing the room from under the unit.

This of course was unacceptable and saw me go to reception to complain and request a new room.

The one positive thing I can say about this stay is that a new room was arranged for us without delay and an apology was offered. This room was a little cleaner, but still nothing special.

We were told by the receptionist that she would look in to whether we could be compensated for our issues, and speak to the manager when they came in, but no such compensation was forthcoming.

If you're a fan of dirt, grime and critters, then this is the place for you...but I certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Lydia M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate you taking out the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn and Suites Corpus Christi. We do extend out sincerest apologies for the incident concerning the mouse in your room the day of your stay at the Corpus Christi Inn.

On this particular day a field mouse entered the hotel unknowingly to our staff. This was due to the grass being cut in the field next to the hotel the same day of your arrival. Once we were notified of the situation we did trap and get the animal safely out of the hotel. We did fix the issue and have taken the measures to ensure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Let me start by saying that I find it hard to give a bad review. I am the type of person that sees the glass half full. However, this time, I have to say that I didn't really enjoy this stay at all.

The hotel itself seems to be falling down on maintenance. I am including some pictures of the different signs that I saw.

A big one--- NO INTERNET. The internet had been down for 8 days. I am a very internet centric person and for a place to have NO INTERNET is almost intolerable. And for it to be down for 8 days. Long enough that they could put up a permanent sign on the counter.

The ice machines on each floor were out of order.

The outside Red Roof light was not lit. I missed my turn because I could see it in the dark.

We arrived at 6:00 pm and our room was still not cleaned. We had to wait until a maid was sent up to the room.

From the bigger picture, the neighborhood didn't feel safe. It is hard to explain. After dark, we walked to the Stripes that was next door. The guys standing around watching reminded me of a lot of the rough places that I have seen before. With two women, I was very uncomfortable.

I thought Red Roof was a cut above the rest. However, this hotel didn't measure up. I was so disappointed. I couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There are other safer and still inexpensive places in Corpus Christi
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I used to stay at the SPID Red Roof, booked here by accident and am glad I did. This is everything the other one isn't. Clean, smoke free and everything works. It;s not the best neighborhood, but once on the property that shouldn't be an issue, I still feel safe here. When I commented on the distracting noise the minifridge made and the missing desk lamp, they were replaced before I knew it.
The luggage cart is kept behind the counter and you have to leave your ID when you use it and I'm on board with that. I've been in the position to haul my gear up and down stairs and elevators because some selfish guest hijacked it.
The desk agent Lydia was able to check me in early for which I'm greatful, and her trainee Sonya is a worthy student. They made check out as seamless as it should be. The only thing they lose points on not having the USA Today anymore,
The location is not as convenient as the other, but well worth the drive.This was a great find and is where I'll be staying every time I visit Corpus.
I don't understand all the bad press unless they took the critiques to heart and cleaned up their act whenI got there.

Room Tip: Be spicific about your room placement and floor. If you need quiet, ask to be placed away from rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mitch P
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Checking in this hotel the last weekend in April for a weekend getaway. When we checked in it was late we had no reservations. The clerk (lazy) told us he had one room left a suite. We checked in and went to room. There were dirty towels under sink left from a previous guest and tub was dirty ring left. The sheets were NOT changed there was pubic hair left on the sheets a big yellow stain smelled medicine. I was SICK! I called the clerk and to no avail he could careless. I literally slept in my cloths in a chair, my partner wrapped up in our personal blanket on bed YUCK! The morning came we rushed to get out of there. I spoke to morning staff and told them what happened we were refund and apologized to,but mentally the damage is done! I will NEVER stay at any Red Roof Chain EVER!

• Stayed: April 2013
Lydia M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

May 9, 2013

Dear Ms. Nicole

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again at our brand when your travel plans require a night's lodging.

Very truly yours,