“Bed bugs”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. First night was fine, except we woke up with itchy bug bites. Then our computer mouse was stolen as we forgot it in the lobby for a minute and ran back to find it gone. At 3 am we got our confirmation about the beg bugs as they were running around the room and the sheets were blood-stained. We quickly packed our bags and got downstairs to complain and the host didnt even want to see the bugs we had caught and put us to another room. The room was fine, but we spent the night going through our stuff for bugs. At check-out the manager didnt believe our story of the bedbugs and sent people to the room to confirm out story and then offered a one night refund. And we had to call expedia ourselves just to have the expedia-secretary call the hotel and handle everything with them.

Room Tip: Check for bugs and this hotel is ok for the price.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank purnukka
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you I am very sorry that you feel you had bed bugs in your room I can assure you our goal is to make sure all our guest are very satisfied with the room they are sleeping in. I contacted my local pest company and they treated the room , if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Clean rooms. Nice kitchen area. beautiful covered beds. Nice pool. This is the nicest hotel ive been to. Super kind staff. It has a nice little workout center to exercise. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for awesome quality.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Liljay5575

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I truly appreciate you giving us positive feedback I am sure my staff will be happy to hear about your stay.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Made a one night reservation at RR Inn since it was convenient to Whataburger Field and cheap for a quick hit and run stay in Corpus Christi. Arrived at 3, which is check in time and rooms were not ready. Working in the industry myself, I made sure to wait until that time yet we had to wait in the lobby for 30 min. When the room was ready, I was assigned to 111 and I soon discovered a wet carpet in between the two beds which made the room smell musty. There were 3 of us so later that evening I asked for 2 extra pillows (only 4 in the room) and was told they had no more. Since departing, I discovered that they billed my card that I used to make the reservation with, yet swiped my wife's card at arrival which subsequently changed the name on the reservation. Lots of little mishaps and a crummy explanation and attitude from the assistant GM when I spoke to him on the phone in regards to the billing questions. "I don't know" does not cut it for me, especially in our service oriented business. First and last time I'll ever stay there or at a RR Inn again period.

• Stayed: November 2012
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I have instructed my AGM AND FRONT DESK to follow certain procedures when refunding our guest, if a mistake is made where a guest is accidently charged twice I can advise you that in some occasions your bank might place a hold on your account but, I want to make sure you are a happy guest so if this ever happens again I will be happy to take care of the situation myself, if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room didn't have any conveniences like a small fridge, microwave or coffee machine but they did have an eating area in the lobby with free coffee. So if you are looking for a cheap place to stay and need a room fast, this is the place. On weekends it does get a little loud and busy. Walls are thin like and definite running and jumping can be felt. But I thought the customer service was excellent from the cleaning personnel to the manager. Very helpful. And also, it is pet friendly so that is an extra plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank adamNeve2012
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving the great feedback I have instructed my front desk to make sure and offer premium rooms when available these rooms include Micro-Fridges (microwave and fridge) Iron, board and coffee maker if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Be careful when you check in. Get a receipt up front. Was charged twice for the room. Was told it could be up to six days to get my money back. Blamed it on new help. The room was real basic. Beds are in need of replacing. Easy to get to. Felt secure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy L

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I have instructed my front desk to follow certain procedures to get all our customer money back as soon as possible, if a mistake is made where a guest is accidently charged twice I can advise you that in some occasions your bank might place a hold on your account but, I want to make sure you are a happy guest so if this ever happens again I will be happy to take care of the situation myself, if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Front desk was very courteous as always, rooms are always clean , although i did gave a few issues with some stomping and jumping going on upstairs i called the front desk the issue was taken care of immediatley, i love the comfort of these rooms will definately stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Del P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving feedback I truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to resolve the noise issue you informed us about we are here to make sure all our guest are happy! We look forward to seeing you soon, if you would like to speak to me further about the info I provided you can contact me at Red Roof Inn & suites Corpus Christi.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had a hard time understanding the guy at the front desk because he talks to fast! Slow down buddy!

Room was decent size and was very clean. A/C worked great! Nice parking area large enough for 5 or 6 trucks.

My main complaint is there is very little to eat thats within walking distance.Stripes convience store is next door but that is some nasty food they sell there. The only other choise was Churches Chicken. This wasnt a very pleasant walk because this appears to be a rough neighborhood.

The only other thing was as I was leaving at 5:30am there was a nasty looking mexican dressed is little clothing woman standing outside the side door. She asked if I had $2 because she wanted a beer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FtWorthChuck
Del P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you first of all for taking the time to leave us some feed back on your experience I am sure my houskeeping staff will be very happy to know you liked the room quality, as far as people standing outside the property we will make extra rounds around our property.