“They must have gone dumpster diving for the furniture. Gross”

Candlewood Suites Extended Stay
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations a couple of days in advanced and are priority club members. The furniture in the room actually had huge pieces of the upholstery gone and hanging off. The carpet was filthy. It was almost two in the morning and the beds seemed clean so we stayed a few hours to sleep then checked out. We were suppose to stay the weekend. We will never chance staying at a Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank 2Bbythesea
Julie A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent stay. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with excellent service during your visit. We are currently updating all the furniture in our suites. Unfortunately, this is a process and not all the rooms have undergone renovations. It is my hope that we will be able to offer a better hotel experience for you in the future. We appreciate your comments as this encourages us and gives us an opportunity to improve our guest standards. Candlewood Suites Corpus Christi strives to not only maintain the highest guest standards, but also exceed them.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Extended Stay

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just felt a little let down. I was expecting a nicer experience. The room was o.k. And it took me a couple of try's to get the room to a nice temperature. The AC was really cold in the room. I always ask to be away fro the elevator and that was ignored too.

For a person that pays a premium to just lay my head down, I don't like to be asked how soon I'll be leaving. Check out was more than two hours away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Charlie V,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you had with the Air Conditioner and any inconvenience the location of your room may have caused you. I am also sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us another chance to serve you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was clean, and was okay for the price- but I will not stay again.

The walls are very thin, I could hear the TV's on each side of me, and the people above me, and everything going on through the air vents. The air barely kept our room cool since the front door had such big gaps above and under. And the first floor is the only floor wear the hallway was kept cool, all others were scorching! The kitchen was very nice though- the stove, microwave and fridge were all mostly new. The TV kept cutting in and out from what little we used it.

Most of the staff was very nice. Half of the gym equipment didn't work, and one machine literally fell apart when stepped on. The pantry they have is actually very cheap, so at least you don't have to pay for over priced items you forgot. It is close to everything, so the location was great! The pool is super tiny, and you can't get clean towels unless you exchange yours up front.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a nice, typical C. Suites...plesant in all the usual ways. What really stood out was the nice young lady named Julie that worked the front desk. It is so nice to have a cheerfull (and helpfull) person when you arrive. I had to speak with her on the phone prior to my arrival and she was great. Once I got there, even better. She thanked me for being a Platinum Member and was outstanding in her customer service. It is people such as her that make a particular property shine.
It is best, if using a GPS, to call and get an alternate address. This location will trip up your unit if you put in the actual address. Even then, you will find it a pain to get here...although in fact, it is well located.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Candlewood Suite extended stay facility (3 nights). The business center, free laundry, well stocked canteen were great. While the suite was roomy with full-sized fridge, a microwave, dual hot plate and dishwasher, it had a unpleasant musty odor that hit you when you entered. The elevator, stairwells and hallways were dirty and had not been vacuumed during our stay. The fabric cushioned kitchen chairs in the suite were badly stained and there was dust on horizontal surfaces. The end of the hall fire doors to the stairwells did not have controlled closure so the banging of these steel doors was frequently heard at all hours. The facility was at full capacity and ran out of extra pillows and for a short time, toilet paper.

The front desk staff member we spoke with was not familiar with how to start or program the fitness equipment and once we figured it out ourselves 2 machines were non functional.

Needless to say we are underwhelmed with the management of this facility. With attention to the shortcomings described above, the accommodation value of this facility would be very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Jim M,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased you found our business center, free laundry and well stocked canteen commendable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you had experienced during your stay and I regret the cleanliness of our property fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Walking into the room was like walking into an ashtray, it completely stunk of smoke. It seems like the whole 3rd floor was a smoking floor because even the hallway stunk of smoke and there is only 3 floors. To say the least I left the hotel as I was not able to stay the night and they were not able to give me a different room nor a refund. I will never stay here again and do NOT recommend it. Also the pool was very small and there were a bunch of drunks every where, NOT a family place at all. The gas station a block away is a pool of alcoholics and possible homeless people, very questionable neighborhood.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ernesto S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Ernesto S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the condition of your room and the neighborhood of our hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Once again many thanks for your feedback and we do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Karen C

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here while visiting family in Corpus Christi. The biggest issue was actually getting to the hotel -- even my cousin, who is a CC native, had a problem finding the entrance. However, the room was nice, the front desk staff was pleasant, and it was good to have the kitchenette. It wasn't a five star hotel by any means, but it worked out well for our purposes.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear gssuzy,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We are delighted to read our hotel room and services worked out well for you. We are very sorry you had a problem finding our location. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests, like you, as this gives us the avenue to target problem areas.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D