“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Temple, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great location! I loved the hotel overall. We had a but of trouble checking in. The young lady who checked us in wasn't very friendly, but throughout the rest of our stay a young lady named Alyssa helped us with everything we needed and made it a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Deborah C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Brittany H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Corpus Christi and we're glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and location. We are definitely convenient to everything!

I'm sorry to hear that one of our front desk team members did not welcome you properly, but am happy that Alysa made it right for you. I will look into what happened with the first person to be sure we are delivering great customer service no matter what, so thank you for your feedback.

We hope you will join us again soon!

Deborah Cline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 7/25-7/28. We were very pleased with the hotel in general. The room was great and our kids really enjoyed the pool area. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was convenient, well priced and it was good. My only gripe is with the management of the restaurant or lack of. Only two servers (on what should be expected) for a busy Saturday and Sunday morning. There is no sign that says "seat yourself", so on day 1 you are pretty much trying to get the servers attention to see if you can just find a table. Good luck there, because once you are seated they just continuously pass you like you are invisible. These servers have no time to replenish the buffet area with plates, pastries, etc. This seems like a management issue. Forget about getting a refill on coffee, you have more luck going to the complimentary coffee stationed in the lobby - which quickly ran out because everyone has the same idea. I still give this property a 5 star rating because overall everything was great. We would stay there again, but go out to one of the local restaurants for breakfast. It's a shame because it's so convenient when you have two small children.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Carol W,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with me and other travelers. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the kids enjoyed the pool.

I'm sorry for the issue you had with our dining team. We recently hired a new chef and additional servers and assure you this is not the norm. I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Director, and your suggestion for a "wait to be seated" sign is a good one. Thanks for the feedback so we can continue to make improvements.

We hope you will bring the family back soon for another visit with us.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at this property for 1 night after a last minute accommodation change on our holiday. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the hotel, the room was quite big too. The staff were efficient upon check in and check out. We didn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment on that, but when passing it looked okay. Plenty of parking and a good location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dea Ell14,

I'm glad to hear that we could help you out with your last minute changes to your plans, and that you enjoyed our hotel. Our housekeeping team is the best and our entire staff takes pride in making sure our guests enjoy their visit with us. Thank you for letting us know that you did!

Hope to see you again soon.

Houston, TX
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for July 4 weekend. The hotel location is very good. You can get to Port Aransas in 20-30 minutes or to downtown in 15 minutes. We took advantage of the location to go see the fireworks close to the USS Lexington and the shoreline. Even though with the traffic, once we were back in the highway, we were back in a flash.

There are also several restaurants close by, a movie theater and with a car, you are not too far to do something fun.

We had a king size bed, everything was clean and in order. The room was comfortable. The bed was very pleasant. I took advantage of adjusting the settings for me. There was a strange yellow stain in the ceiling close to the bathroom. As someone mention there is no fan in the bathroom, so the bathing suits never dried. Also, the room was very hot during the day and the AC will take a bit to cool down.

This hotel has a pool somewhat small, the days that we were day it was always crowded with people, in the afternoon not so much. Also, during out visit they were a lot of kids and teenagers and they kept running around the halls at noon screaming and laughing.

Also, no free breakfast. We didn't have breakfast or any meals there, so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KandyKane056,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us over the 4th of July holiday. We were very busy so I didn't get a chance to personally greet everyone but am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the fireworks! Having a movie theater right next door along with a few restaurants is a big plus.

We hope you will join us again soon for your next trip to the area!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was in town three days on business. This hotel was well situated to visit different parts of the city within 15 minutes. It is a pleasant property to stay at if you can overlook a few things., No fan in lavatory, which I found surprising. No safe in room either. The room was clean and comfortable. It did have a small fridge and microwave.

There was a resturant on site, but way overpriced. Ended up paying eight bucks for breakfast for a yogurt and a bagel. Way too pricey. If I had added an egg it would have cost 11 dollars for breakfast.

Plus was a nice pool and quiet environment. Also easy access to N. Padre Island. Staff was friendly. Not sure if I would stay again, but the price may be a draw.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Deborah C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear happywanderer1,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Corpus Christi for your business trip. We're glad to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable, and our service friendly.

We do offer an all you can eat continental breakfast for $7.95 and a hot cooked to order all you can eat breakfast for $10.95. You can choose from eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, home fries, waffles, pancakes, fresh baked muffins, pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, yougurt, etc., or you can have it all for the same price!

We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2014

When I travel, Hilton Garden Inn is my first hotel of choice. After stays at their hotels in Sacramento, CA, Tampa, FL, Raleigh, NC, and Bossier City, LA, I was VERY disappointed in the one located in Corpus Christi. I spent $179 per night for this room, for two nights, which is more than I EVER spent at the other locations, and got the least for it. The rooms were not updated, they had an odor, lack of ample seats, the sheets weren't as fresh as I expected them to be, and the buffet was TERRIBLE. The fact that I ended up spending $432.00 for two nights, when I have stayed and MUCH NICER ones for a week and spent the same amount, makes me ill, considering I didn't have the same quality or experience I've had with the ones I mentioned. I have stayed in worse hotels, but this was not the quality I've grown to expect from Hilton Garden Inn, and I will not stay at this particular location again. My final suggestion - either update the rooms, or lower your rates....way overpriced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Allsion B,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. Please contact me directly so that I can make this right for you.

We take our guests satisfaction very seriously and work hard to take their feedback to keep improving, so thank you for letting us know.

We will begin a renovation of our guest rooms in mid-September and hope you will come back and see our new look!

AUSTIN
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was the perfect location for my son's basketball tournament. The housecleaning staff was very friendly and the bar staff was extremely helpful with beach suggestions. Please note that they do not have a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Linda V,

We are glad you chose to stay with us for your son's basketball tournament and hope you enjoyed the beach afterwards!

The Hilton Garden Inn brand does not automatically include breakfast as we found that guests would rather have the lower pricing for their room if they don't eat than have the cost of breakfast automatically built into their rate. We do offer a great cooked to order all you can eat breakfast for those that prefer it for only $10.95 per person, and an all you can eat continental style breakfast for $7.95.

Thank you for your comments about our housekeeping team - they don't get to hear it oftern enough, so I can't wait to pass it on to them.

We hope you will join us again soon!