“Very nice homebase for return visits”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I moved away from Corpus Christi about 2 years ago after having lived in the city for more than 30 years. We make the 250-mile return trip frequently to visit friends and continue our pleasant relationships with our former employers, and occasionally, just for the devil of it. We make it a point to stay at the HGI every time. The hotel is clean and well-kept. All the appropriate amenities are available and cheerfully provided. Food and beverage service is extraordinarily good, especially in comparison with other small hotels. Staff members are cheerful, well-trained, and eager to help. Our older bodies seem to have significantly fewer moving parts nowadays, and it is always a joy to pull into this hotel, knowing for a certainty that we will soon be very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and agree with you that our hotel is pretty amazing. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our Anniversary Getaway as well as for Sons Band Competition. The Hotel is very clean and welcoming. Sheila at the front desk is sooooo nice and accommodating. We were brought up chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for our anniversary and the service is great. There is some construction going on behind the hotel, but still easy to get to. The bed is very comfy. The hotel is right off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping. It isn't on the beach but 15mins away. I would definitely stay here again. Only reason not giving 5 star because the breakfast isn't continental.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of our beautiful hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The entire staff works very hard to assure all of our guests have the best stay possible. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Pleasant stay would stay here again, it's what I would expect out of a good Hotel. Thanks Garden Inn your Hilton lived up to it's name and what you are all about. Big plus is having great staff only hope you pay them a real living wage.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our beautiful hotel. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, we have an amazing staff that is always ready to help in any way they can to assure our guests have the best stay possible, and yes, we take very good care of them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I recently had an event in town where my family needed four rooms for two nights. The staff was very accommodating and the sales manager gave us a block rate for both nights. The hotel was clean and is a very good location. The pool is outside and well kept. There is construction on Williams Rd currently, but it does not affect getting to the hotel from the front entrance. New People's restaurant just went in right in front which was very inexpensive yet decent quality. The only thing holding this back from a 5 is no continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a review of our wonderful hotel. I am so happy to hear we were able to provide you with accommodations for your group. Thank you for noticing how clean our hotel is and I agree with you, it is in a fantastic location. I am however sorry you did not get a chance to order the wonderful expanded continental breakfast we offer. Our continental breakfast includes everything from fresh fruits to a "steel cut" oatmeal bar. The continental breakfast is great when your looking for something a little less than our traditional full American breakfast that also includes the continental breakfast. During your next visit to Corpus Christi, I hope you will give it a try.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Hilton Gardens Hotel Corpus Christi, Texas is a wonderful hotel. It has great amenities to include outstanding breakfast, happy hour from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. (I do not drink), but the snacks and the soda were great. To top all that off, the staff was excellent especially with giving directions, this was a great comfort seeing I had not been in the Corpus Christi area in quite a while. I would be happy to stay there again whether it be business or personal travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a review of our beautiful hotel. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, we have an amazing staff that is always ready to help in any way they can to assure our guest have the best stay possible. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

SEWER GAS!!!!! That's right, they know about it, and when the wind is out of a certain direction, it can affect 50 rooms. We're not talking about a mildly irritating odor, we are talking instant loss of stomach contents. ...NO EXAGGERATION! The assistant manager told me today that the problem has existed since the building was finished 7 years ago. MCR Development, LLC, the property owners from NYC refuse to spend the money to fix it. The general manager, Barb Israel, knows about it but has not shut the rooms down for occupancy. This is DANGEROUS gas levels. NO WAY will I ever be back. Shame on Hiltons for allowing this type of problem to persist.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan S
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry you had such an experience at our hotel. I would like to invite you to contact me again so that I might help you to gain a more accurate understanding of the issue. As we explained to you earlier, we are located next to a city lift station which, at times, releases a mild unpleasant odor. Unfortunately, this is common in Corpus Christi, and even more unfortunate, there is nothing that can be done about it. This unusual smell only makes its way to our hotel when the wind is blowing in a certain direction, which is usually in the late fall and through the winter months. However, it can make its way to us in early Spring as it obviously did the night you stayed. When this occurs, it only affects 8 rooms, and during these times we do close down those rooms. The odor is in no way harmful, if that were the case noone would live in Corpus Christi. There is a large hospital just on the other side of us, as well as an upscale apartment complex just behind us, both having been here for years as well. Our guests are usually never even aware when these few rooms are affected. Again, I encourage you to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Barbara L. Israel

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Corpus Christi was very pleasant.The staff was extremely helpful with directions and recommending places.Jade assisted me in loading my belongings at check-out and refused to take a tip.All of the staff was friendly and helpful.The hotel was very clean and attractive.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a review of our wonderful hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Jade is just one of the amazing staff members we have who will alwyas go out of their way to assure our guests have the best sstay possible. I am also happy to hear how much you enjoyed how beautiful and clean our hotel is. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus christi.

Kindest Regards,