“Perfect place in corpus for family fun”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Close to everything to do in this town and well managed. GM Robyn very hands on and place has a great service culture. BF was a great value and hotel lobby is relaxing. We were there with the family, but a lot of business travelers there too. Minutes away from Padre Island State park, battleship museum, water park and aquarium.

• Stayed: July 2013
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our wonderful hotel. I am happy to hear all of the positive comments about our hotel and staff. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to excellence in our service and product, and we constantly strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed with my husband and son in the 2 room suite which was perfect! We had a Kind size bed and the sofa pulled out into a bed. There were 2 televisions (especially helpful when one family member wants to watch Cartoon Network and the others don't). There were also a mini fridge and microwave in the room.

The lobby was excellent- you could get morning coffee , afternoon cookies, and nighttime candy bars/ cookie packs free of charge. There was also a continental breakfast for a nominal fee and food made to order for a greater charge.

There was a small decent looking swimming pool ranging in depth from 3'-5'. We didn't use it but it seemed nice enough.

The overall location of the hotel was very good being right off the highway. I would certainly stay again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel was great! Very kid friendly! Staff was very helpful! We purchased the breakfast package with the room... this was a value. Breakfast is pricey. I recommend this. We came out ahead that way with the number of family members we had. Rooms a little pricey for this type of hotel... but all together great stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently selected to stay here while helping moving our to Corpus due to it's central location. Would have been better off staying at the Hyatt next door. Let me list the pro's and con's.
Pro's
Not bad location
Looks good on the outside
Plenty of parking

Con's
Paper thin doors-you can hear everything going on in the hallways
Dated decor
Beds not as advertised-front desk claimed that they were adjustable-not
Small tv channel selection
No hot tub- recently filled in
Poorly laid out bathroom-more about this in a moment

I filled out a survey from Hilton about our stay and the manager call to discuss my stay. Not being able to take the call at that time, when I returned her call I got left her a voicemail and am stilling waiting a month later for a call back.

As for the bathroom it is a safety hazard waiting to happen. The wife slipped while taking a shower thankfully she was not hurt seriously. When we told the front desk about it , the manager filled out a incident report and asked if she was using a bathmat. there was not one in the room and the manager said that there would be one there when we got back later that day. Guess what, no mat we had to go ask for one. Therefore we'll never stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
WWEchols, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The title says it all. Older/smaller HGI. TV/cable antiquated. Maintenance issues need to be addressed (see photos). Otherwise, very similar to other HGIs (which I like very much). My request for high floor was honored and the front desk person noted it was away from the street, which was appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the quality issues you encountered. I will make sure they are addressed and we hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Corpus to see the difference we are making.

Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Staff was excellent, the room was outstanding and the cost was right in line. Hotel was easy to get to and was located close to the beach. Within 30 minutes. The staff really seemed to care about you as a customer. They went out of their way to make sure you had a great stay. My kids thought the cookies in the lobby were the best part of the hotel.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent on all counts. good bar and dining room. Staff and GM very helpful. Bartenders made for enjoyble evenings as did kitchen and waitr staff. Location was perfect for us. Quiet, off-street setting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple