“High School Graduation Family Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, United States
“High School Graduation Family Stay”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was very pleased with the accomodations I set up for my mother and sister. I have set up accomodations for my daughter on other trips and have been very pleased. I have always received top notch service and knowledgeable staff during phone communications.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Joe C
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our wonderful hotel. I am happy to hear all of the positive comments about our hotel and staff. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to excellence in our service and product, and we constantly strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Barbara L. Israel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We don't know what incentive management gives to its employees to take such pride in their work. Whatever it is, it is working. They all deserve raises. They are so professional and friendly and they must be empowered to be their best by management. Thanks for making our stay more comfortable than most typical hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Deborah G

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was so disappointed with my stay at this hotel. I had previously stayed here before so I knew about this hotel. On Memorial Day there was no food or bar service and was told the employees had the day off for holiday. The information on the web is wrong. They are not close to the shore, there is no hot tub, you will get no room service and the pillows are terrible. For the price, it is not worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

WWEchols, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We do apologize for your less than happy stay with us. We are reviewing our property profile on all web sites and cannot find the web page that lists a hot tub at the property. We do identify our location as close proximity to the beach. The hotel is actually under 10 miles to the beach or about a 15 minute drive. Since you had stayed at this property before perhaps you recall that hotel featured a hot tub at one time? We did close our restaurant on Memorial Day evening...and as I previously mentioned to you through Hilton, if a team member stated that restaurant was closed due to staff's day off, this comment was in error. The restaurant was closed for other reasons than rewarding our employees. I sincerely hope you will return to our hotel in the near future. And again, please accept our apology for disappointing you this past Memorial Day Weekend!
Robin Costello
Indiana
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I only stayed one night, but was very pleased. The staff especially were helpful and friendly. Great with directions on the errands I needed to run. As a woman alone, this was really important to me. I felt safe and welcome. The breakfast was nummy and made to order. Although I didn't stop in, the bar area looked very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank SonofGasGuy

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Once again I tried the Hilton Garden Inn at Corpus Christi, Tx. The hotel has a new manager, cooks. Service has made a radical change for the better. Customer service at the front desk has not changed, it has been great!! At the kitchen they brought in 2 new chefs and it looks like they DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING not like the other wanna-be-chef. Food tastes better .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hugo Y

Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Breakfast isn't free as posted by another user. It's $10.
None of the tables in the breakfast area had been bused. Had to sit at the bar to eat breakfast.
Tables weren't just dirty, they were filthy. No milk, no coffee, rock hard waffles.
Cook had a complete turtleneck tattoo, looked scary.
Charged the room to the card presented for incidentals, instead of the card used to reserve the room.
Staff very disorganized.
The management just doesn't care about this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There's plenty of others to choose from that are cleaner, more organized.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WWEchols, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again, when your travels bring you back to Corpus Christi.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I'm an old fan of Garden Inn. When we arrived the A/C was set at 65 degrees, the floors were dirty, and the bed looked like someone had laid on it. We would have left but it was late and we were tired. The mattress was old and sagging - not the adjustable mattress that they advertised at the front dest! I won't go back, and now I'm wondering about Garden Inns in general.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

WWEchols, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest the next time you are in the Corpus Christi area.