“Nothing special!”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Room was ok - bathroom was tiny. They were overwhelmed at breakfast. I ordered an omelet with bacon but they ran out of bacon. They didn't offer another selection so I had a meatless omelet when i finally got it. the regular dining area was full so we were sitting in an area to the side. When tables opened up, we sat in the main dining area and she said oh, I almost threw your omelet away because they didn't look for us. I had to pay full price for it. Just a little thing but it was irritating. They needed more help at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012
BLIsrael, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are pleased to announce our hotel is now owned by one of the top management companies in the country and is undergoing a complete renovation this year. We have already made very many improvements and the hotel is amazing. I would like to invite you back to the hotel on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed and hosted a meeting in the conference room. Very clean hotel. Nice decor. Staff was friendly and attentive. Only gripe was that the wifi signal in my room would cut in-and-out. Small conference room. Only seats 12. But, the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff will ensure that I am a repeat customer.

Stayed: October 2012
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our wonderful hotel. I am happy to hear all of the positive comments about our hotel and staff. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to excellence in our service and product, and we constantly strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a very good hotel. I must admit the pictures do not lie. It is a clean & comfortable hotel. Most hotels show you pictures on the internet & when you arrive it is totally different from what you paid for. This hotel is not the case. My wife & I stayed here 9/28/12-10/1/12 & we will gladly stay here again if we are ever in corpus christi again. It's really close to a lot of eating spots (applebees, cheddars, joes crabshack, etc...). It sits right off of the main highway but far back enough to where you do not have to hear the traffic. The customer service was really good. You will not be disappointed by staying here.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king bed on the south side of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and quiet. The hotel is situated away from the highway so it felt like a little getaway. Would recommend and stay here again. Check in and check out went very smoothly. Alysa was very helpful with our reservation and check in.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rooms are spacious, clean. Quiet primarily at evening. They are in the process of remodeling the main entrance, fitness area, rooms. The front desk ladies are incredibly nice and helpful attitude. The bartender even she’s only a few weeks at that position, SHE IS GREAT!!!! The food is ok I think.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I called the week before labor day to change my reservation, and they were very helpful, giving me the same price I had gotten before.
The room and beds were comfortable. Check in and out was fast. AC was quiet.
Our bathtub was slow draining, we called and they sent someone right away to fix it.
At 5pm our towels (and other supplies) had not been replenished yet, but the cleaning lady was still on the floor and gave me some clean towels, toilet paper and tissues.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor, away from the elevator. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SolymarBQ

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

...it all started at check-in: the young lady at the front-desk (apparently disturbed by our arrival, interrupting whatever she was laughing about with a male colleague...) gave us the wrong room nr and sent us to an already occupied one.

The lifts were broken, which may happen...management could, at least, have thought of offering breakfast to make up for the inconvenience.

Hotel guests were the noisiest bunch EVER: loud television, doors slamming, babies crying, kids running, parents yelling...and paper-thin walls for sure don't help!

Our room was literally FROZEN: is 62 degrees normal at 10PM?!?

Everything is old and run down, room an bathroom both on the diry-ish side, towels and bed sheets aren't spotless and what used to be white is now...shades of grey :(

Bathroom products are a mix/match of different brands/unbrands....why a made-in-China conditioner?!?

We have stayed in over 20 different HGI hotels over the years, are silver HH members, but I'm afraid this experience may be our last.

This hotel was totally disappointing and obsolete.  Poor management, rude and helpless staff. Rates, though, haven't been reconsidered accordingly...

Really hard to recommend...

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank VFitaly
Noe G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Good Morning,
Thank you so much for your response. We appreciate any and all feedback received and take all of our guests comments very seriously. We apologize that the overall condition and service levels did not meet your expectations from a Hilton Garden Inn hotel. We would like to speak with you, to discuss the situation further. Please feel free to call us at your convenience at (361) 991-8200 x 405. Thank you once again and we look forward to hearing from you.