“Exactly what you want from a HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 30, 2012

As a former Hilton Diamond member, we have stayed in a ton of Hilton Garden Inns. This HGI did not disappoint and I would return if ever back in Corpus. We were there during the TAAF state weekend and they were booked full with kids and yet we got a GREAT night's sleep. It was clean, easy to get to and the staff was friendly. We enjoyed dinner at Docs (on the water) which was about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our wonderful hotel. I am happy to hear all of the positive comments about our hotel and staff. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to excellence in our service and product, and we constantly strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel gets high marks for cleanliness, which is of utmost importance to us. We also felt safe here. Staff had trouble keeping up with crowd, as it was TAAF state weekend and they were full. We arrived at 1:30 and they were not helpful about letiting us into our room early. Morning breakfast was delicious, but the order took so long that we were late to our morning event. Probably would stick to muffins and bagels next time. All in all, very clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 22, 2012

clean, good location and not a bad price. we were able to reach most of our destinations within 10 - 15 minutes. from port aransus to padre island.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2012

First time in Corpus. Found this hotel to be very nice. Rooms a good size and quiet. Breakfast was excellent. Only complaint was that the 24 hour pantry area was not fully stocked.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ADS2525

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my second stay at this beautiful hotel. Sadly the experience this time with my entire family did not match my first visit. We experienced a problem that they were unwilling to resolve. We realized after going to bed the first night that there was something wrong with the "sleep system" bed in our room. The controls did not work, and was very uncomfortable. The next morning I asked the front desk to exchange the bed while we were at the beach since we had so much unpacked and it would be a huge hassle to switch rooms. I returned to find nothing was done, and it took 30 minutes and 2 phone calls to finally get a staff member up to the room to examine the bed. He admitted the sleep system beds sometimes spring a leak and offered to switch rooms. I expressed my preference to switch beds and told him I'd help move them. He said management would have to approve. Not a very empowered staff member. We went out for the evening and upon our return at 11pm nothing has been done. Checked out the next morning and it took 15 minutes to get the bill adjusted. Insult to injury the manager was neither quick nor very apologetic about our experience.

I ate at the hotel restaurant the first morning, and the service was some of the worst I've experienced. The food was mediocre at best, and the servers and cooks were quite unfriendly.

Overall this hotel needs some MAJOR help. It does not deserve to be affiliated with the Hilton-Hampton brand.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Large_Texan
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve in regards to our sleep number beds and customer service you experienced throughout your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is nice and clean, but there is a lot of noise. Granted Corpus Christi is a tourist area and we stayed during the summer, but wow. Kids were constantly running up and down the halls. Doors were slamming shut. The occupants of the room next to us were very loud. One night we had to call the front desk to complain about the noise. The front desk was responsive and went to the room and asked them to be quiet. In other words, everything is poorly insulated.
The hotel breakfast was great and the servers were friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
BLIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are pleased to announce our hotel is now owned by one of the top management companies in the country and is undergoing a complete renovation this year. We have already made very many improvements and the hotel is amazing. I would like to invite you back to the hotel on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Decided to spend a weekend in Corpus Christi. A friend found a great promotion for the hotel. Because of the price, I wasn't sure what we would get, but was very much surprised in a positive way. Very good location, clean, nice rooms. Breakfast service was a bit chaotic, but otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com