“TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi”

TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #19 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here the last week of June. It's brand new and very nice. We are Marriott Rewards members and usually stay at Courtyards but this was a nice change. The rooms were very nice with nice fixtures and furnishings. I was impressed. We had a studio king room with the kitchenette. I have no complaints about the size of the room. The 'free' continental breakfast was decent. No complaints. The location was a very short drive to Padre Island.
It was strange not to have a portico to drive under when first arriving but overall it was no big deal and hardly worth complaining about. Staff was friendly. Fitness area was spacious and nice. Pool was small but again not worth complaining about. The price was good, the hotel is nice and clean and I was impressed with it.

Room Tip: Become Marriott rewards members, you can sign up for free. You'll get perks like better rooms an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear KJW_40,
Thank you for your review and for your continued loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member.
Your input is valuable and greatly appreciated and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Please allow me to extend an invitation to stay with us again on your next visit to our area.
My staff and I will be happy to have you as our guest once again.

Best regrds.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great little stay here at TownePlace. This was the first time we have ever stayed at this brand hotel. We typically stay at La Quinta but it seems like the ones it Corpus just arent up to par with people complaining of bugs and filth.

The reason we settled on this hotel was because it had good reviews and that the pet policy worked for us. We have two large dogs and this is the reason we typically stayed at La Quinta as they did not have size restrictions or dog charges. TownePlace allows up to 2 dogs, any size, but they do charge a $100 cleaning fee. This would be probably too much if I were just staying one night but we ended up staying two so I feel like the fee is fair as I know our room would need more cleaning after we left.

The room was nice and clean when we arrived. You can tell the hotel is new as nothing has wear yet. We don't usually rent suites but this time we decided too however I was quite surprised at how small the room was. It was not much larger than a regular king sized hotel room yet they fit a small kitchen and a sofa bed inside. The listing says it sleeps 4 however I would go as far as to say you do not want to shove 4 adults into this room. I suggest 2 adults and 2 children at most. For my wife and I and the two dogs it was a bit cramped but worked well for us.

The staff was very nice and was able to accommodate any request I had. I really like the little shop at the front. it's nice to be able to get drinks, candy, and some other things without actually leaving the hotel and the prices were fair. I do wish they would add a couple items...sun screen, aloe vera, and qtips were items I could have really used.

The breakfast was ok however I think they should probably stick with just cold items unless they want to add some meat. The morning I stayed they were serving the basics plus omelets however there was no meat available for the omelet which just seemed dinky.

NOTE to the MGR, room 107 has writing on the shower wall. It looks like measurements from when the tile guys were installing the tile.

Overall, smaller rooms for a suite, nice and clean, good pet policy with fair fee, ok breakfast, good location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Clayton T.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property.
I am ecstatic to hear you enjoyed your stay and your dogs are indeed welcomed here anytime.
I have shared your review with my staff and they too remember you as a very pleasant and delightful guest to have served.
As for our market, we try to have what is needed or in demand. I do think the sunscreen and Q-tips are a great idea and will add those to our next order. Thank you for the suggestions.
Additionally, we have adapted a breakfast menu schedule which will include a hot meat item at every breakfast.
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you and your dogs as our guest during your next visit to our area. And don't forget about our dog treats at the front desk.

361.991.2011
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel didn't have a drive up area to check in only one spot marked for 15 min parking. We ended up having to park in the back and traipse through grass with our bags to the entrance. Check in was fast and easy. The room, a king standard room with kitchen and sofa bed, was way too small for the 4 of us. The bathroom was tiny and the room was tiny. The "kitchen" was right by the door and was tiny. Even the pool was tiny. Only 5 kids were in it and it seemed full. The breakfast area was also small with not enough seating to accommodate us, we ended up eating in our tiny room. The new carpet smell in the hallways was unpleasant as well. I can say that the wall mounted flat screen with direct tv was pretty nice and the wifi was easy to connect to. Other than that I really wasn't impressed with this hotel, won't stay there again.

Room Tip: The standard size king with sofa bed was not ideal for a family. Would upgrade to a suite if anythin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Barbie,
Thank you for your review.
Not sure how to respond to your review, seems like everything from the room to the pool to the breakfast area and even the parking lot was "too small" for you. I dont have any control over the design of the hotel nor is there much we can do about it now. All I can say is that the property was designed for an average built person to enjoy.

R. Gonzalez
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Visiting Corpus Christi during the weekend with my family and staying in this hotel. Just opened a few months ago, the facilities of this hotel are pretty new: clean carpet, high quality appliances, great fitness center and friendly staff. The location is also great, close to several restaurants and about 10 min drive from Padre Island. Would definitely recommend!

2 Thank Enning W
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Enning W,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our new property. Please accept my invitation to stay with us again on your next visit to our area. My staff and I look forward to serving you again.

General Manager.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay here while my Husband was able to visit his ship the "Lady Lexington"..
This was our first experience with TownePlace Suites and I would highly recommend this motel to
anyone....The staff from the front desk, maintenance and housekeeping were very friendly, helpful and professional......
The breakfast's that we had were great...hot and delicious...
I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the Staff...Jeanette, Ram and Able...they went out of their way ahelp us..
The accomendations were wonderful.....and I highly recommend this motel to anyone coming into the Corpus Christi area.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator and never heard the 2 elevators...a very quiet motel....
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Sheryl837,
Thank you so much for the great review.
My staff and I remember you and your husband vividly and it was our sincere pleasure to have you as our guests.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Lexington Battleship as much as we enjoy having it here.
I will pass on your review to my staff at out next morning meeting and recognize Jennette, Ram and Able for their great customer service.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area.
Professionally,
Rock Springs, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Room's are to small and when we stayed there no were in the room was it posted that the bed was all goose bedding I woke to severally bad swollen face lips and thoart and they promised to change it right away 2 hrs later they did as I sat outside in the sun .also 30 days later they call us to tell us weowe pet fees 150 I live at Staybridge suties we pay we 75 a week for a much larger room and better place

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank taterpie
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Taterpie.
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the size of your rooms. I would like to point out, we accommodated you and your pet in the type of room you requested on your reservation.
Yes, we do offer Fiber pillows and Natural pillows in every room for those guests who love the option, but in keeping with with the sensitivity of many of our guests, the natural down pillows we provide are true hypoallerginic pillows and respectfully may not have been the cause of your reactions.
The pet cleaning fee is exactly that.....a "cleaning fee" and not a pet damage fee or refundable pet deposit. We use said fee upon your departure to professionally clean and disinfect the room from pet dander for those guests who may suffer from allergies against pet dander.
I am happy to hear or not hear in this case you had no other general hotel issues related to staff, cleanliness, pool, breakfast, safety or condition of hotel as the property is only 21 days old.

R. Gonzalez
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend with my family, and I highly recommend this location for anyone coming into the city for business or leisure. The atmosphere when you come in is inviting and welcoming. The check-in process was unlike anything I have ever experienced. I travel quite a bit and the front desk staff took time to introduce us to the amenities and made our stay most enjoyable. The breakfast was hot and provided a variety for my kids. The pool area was clean and we even used the bar-b-que pit while the kids played in the pool. The rooms were cool, and very well kept. I highly recommend this location because of the professionalism of the staff, location to a variety of venues, and overall experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AIT64
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear AIT64,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on your stay.
I am ecstatic to here your family enjoyed the hot breakfast and had a great time around the pool.
I would like to thank you on behalf of my staff and extend you the invitation to stay with us again on your return trip to the area.
Best regards,