“New is the only good thing I can say.”

TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“New is the only good thing I can say.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel didn't have a drive up area to check in only one spot marked for 15 min parking. We ended up having to park in the back and traipse through grass with our bags to the entrance. Check in was fast and easy. The room, a king standard room with kitchen and sofa bed, was way too small for the 4 of us. The bathroom was tiny and the room was tiny. The "kitchen" was right by the door and was tiny. Even the pool was tiny. Only 5 kids were in it and it seemed full. The breakfast area was also small with not enough seating to accommodate us, we ended up eating in our tiny room. The new carpet smell in the hallways was unpleasant as well. I can say that the wall mounted flat screen with direct tv was pretty nice and the wifi was easy to connect to. Other than that I really wasn't impressed with this hotel, won't stay there again.

Room Tip: The standard size king with sofa bed was not ideal for a family. Would upgrade to a suite if anythin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Barbie,
Thank you for your review.
Not sure how to respond to your review, seems like everything from the room to the pool to the breakfast area and even the parking lot was "too small" for you. I dont have any control over the design of the hotel nor is there much we can do about it now. All I can say is that the property was designed for an average built person to enjoy.

R. Gonzalez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Visiting Corpus Christi during the weekend with my family and staying in this hotel. Just opened a few months ago, the facilities of this hotel are pretty new: clean carpet, high quality appliances, great fitness center and friendly staff. The location is also great, close to several restaurants and about 10 min drive from Padre Island. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Enning W
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Enning W,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our new property. Please accept my invitation to stay with us again on your next visit to our area. My staff and I look forward to serving you again.

General Manager.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay here while my Husband was able to visit his ship the "Lady Lexington"..
This was our first experience with TownePlace Suites and I would highly recommend this motel to
anyone....The staff from the front desk, maintenance and housekeeping were very friendly, helpful and professional......
The breakfast's that we had were great...hot and delicious...
I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the Staff...Jeanette, Ram and Able...they went out of their way ahelp us..
The accomendations were wonderful.....and I highly recommend this motel to anyone coming into the Corpus Christi area.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator and never heard the 2 elevators...a very quiet motel....
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Sheryl837,
Thank you so much for the great review.
My staff and I remember you and your husband vividly and it was our sincere pleasure to have you as our guests.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Lexington Battleship as much as we enjoy having it here.
I will pass on your review to my staff at out next morning meeting and recognize Jennette, Ram and Able for their great customer service.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area.
Professionally,
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Room's are to small and when we stayed there no were in the room was it posted that the bed was all goose bedding I woke to severally bad swollen face lips and thoart and they promised to change it right away 2 hrs later they did as I sat outside in the sun .also 30 days later they call us to tell us weowe pet fees 150 I live at Staybridge suties we pay we 75 a week for a much larger room and better place

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank taterpie
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Taterpie.
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the size of your rooms. I would like to point out, we accommodated you and your pet in the type of room you requested on your reservation.
Yes, we do offer Fiber pillows and Natural pillows in every room for those guests who love the option, but in keeping with with the sensitivity of many of our guests, the natural down pillows we provide are true hypoallerginic pillows and respectfully may not have been the cause of your reactions.
The pet cleaning fee is exactly that.....a "cleaning fee" and not a pet damage fee or refundable pet deposit. We use said fee upon your departure to professionally clean and disinfect the room from pet dander for those guests who may suffer from allergies against pet dander.
I am happy to hear or not hear in this case you had no other general hotel issues related to staff, cleanliness, pool, breakfast, safety or condition of hotel as the property is only 21 days old.

R. Gonzalez
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend with my family, and I highly recommend this location for anyone coming into the city for business or leisure. The atmosphere when you come in is inviting and welcoming. The check-in process was unlike anything I have ever experienced. I travel quite a bit and the front desk staff took time to introduce us to the amenities and made our stay most enjoyable. The breakfast was hot and provided a variety for my kids. The pool area was clean and we even used the bar-b-que pit while the kids played in the pool. The rooms were cool, and very well kept. I highly recommend this location because of the professionalism of the staff, location to a variety of venues, and overall experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AIT64
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear AIT64,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on your stay.
I am ecstatic to here your family enjoyed the hot breakfast and had a great time around the pool.
I would like to thank you on behalf of my staff and extend you the invitation to stay with us again on your return trip to the area.
Best regards,
Ruben Gonzalez,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Very well appointed hotel. The rooms are great. Pool is small but nice. Lacking a hot tub. The lobby and gym are very nice. Free breakfast leaves room for improvement. The staff is excellent. All in all a great stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mfs387
Ruben G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear mfs387,
Thank you so much for your review.
Updated hot breakfast is on its way.
Looking forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi.
Best regards,
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Checked in for the Beach to Bay marathon. This hotel has only been open for 7 days and there is nothing better than sleeping on a brand new bed. The hotel staff was friending and very helpful to my needs, instructed me the best way to get around. Went for a warm up run in the fitness center and was blown away at how huge it was and all the equipment is very high end with HD TV's and IPOD connections. Best fitness room I have ever seen in a hotel. Enjoyed the fresh pool and patio after the marathon. Hotel is beautiful and smells, well...NEW. I will be back.

AG

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alex,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property.
I'm as pleased to hear you enjoyed our Fitness Center as my staff is to receive your review.
We look forward to having you as our guest on your next trip to the area.

Best regards and keep running