“Good Hotel for the price!”

WoodSpring Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 5, 2013

me and my family stayed in the hotel for one week. it was a very nice hotel for the price. it was clean and the staff was very helpful especially the manager Ana Pena. She was very helpful and serviced to our needs. I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex J

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have use Value Place 7 different times in the last pass year. Always found the front desk staff helpful and friendly. They always seem to go out of there way to make my stay happy one. They have one person on staff that always has a way to make me smile even on my worst days. I like that personal touch I guest. My room has always been clean and ready when I arrive. No place is perfect! But if I have to choose a place to stay, it would be here!

Room Tip: If you don't smoke please get a room on the lower levels.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Frank m
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Value Place in Corpus is by far the best hotel I have stayed at. The people are friendly, there to your every need, and overall, just a nice place. If I ever had to stay somewhere again, I will be checking in here.!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Felicia M
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have to admit that an extended stay was a little out of my comfort zone when I first had to book it for my business trip. However, after staying in one you will find it has its ups and downs but overall for a place to lay your head at night it is pretty dang nice.

If you want a "Hotel" where you have all kinds of amenities and are treated like a prince / princess / pain in the butt then this will not be the place for you. Value Place provides an affordable "extended" place to lay your head while you work/ move / figure things out. I have to tell you, anyone who talks about the positives of this place got it right.

My only two complaints are petty. First, the shower head had some hard water buildup so it spread the water out far and I had to pick a side of the shower to get some water. (Not a big deal but could get annoying) Second, after booking the dates of both my arrival and departure I was still asked to provide a 24 hour departure notice. (I get that it has a purpose but it feels a little bit silly especially when the hours I was working forced me to use my lunch break to turn the form in. Overall though, a pleasant stay!

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper try upstairs otherwise you may hear heavy footsteps from the "not so...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank runge_sean
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your honest, positive feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have addressed the shower head issue and will make sure this is replaced. We hope to see you again soon at Value Place!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was very shocked by my experience at Value Place. The staff was very accommodating to me and my spouse for our mini vacation to Corpus. It felt like a home away from home. No one was knocking on our door early in the morning interupting our sleep as most hotels do. It gave us the option to change our linen when we wanted too. We actually felt safe no one could enter the building unless they had a key card. Like everything in life to each their on and it was a very nice experience for me and mine. Thanks Value Place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mkitright
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. And hopefully by providing affordable rates without compromising safety or cleanliness, we help you save more money to use on your vacation. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great stay. We wish you well with your future travels!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

This so called hotel is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. I travel as part of my business and have stayed at many different hotels and this one was dirty filled with gang bangers and drugs. First off this place is in a bad neighborhood. On a nightly basis I witnessed more than one drug deal going outside my window. Every member of the staff was extremely rude and contiunually used swear words towards me along with calling me racially derogitory names. I was constantly harrassed when trying to explain different concerns to the hotel management. So if you like being harrassed, made fun of and can deal with gang bangers and drugs then this is the place to stay. I on the other hand will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very small room... Smelt like urine! Bed was made out of particle board and the sheets are paper thin with brown stains as well as the towels. Can't get towels from the maids have to bring them to the front desk like a kid and exchange them. The elevator shuts down at 10 pm and then they close these big doors infront of them and lock you in like your a child. All I can say... Most horrible experience of any place I've ever stayed and I travel around alot! Horrible hotel staff and extremely nasty hotel not worth the money at all! DIVE!

• Stayed: July 2011