“Well...”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'm kinda tossed up about this place. I ordered their on the menu and "featured" Black and Blue Ribeye. Which I assumed meant cooked black and blue. But the guy asked how I wanted my steak cooked. To which I replied umm black and blue. I guess rare (after all this is corpus, no one knows how to cook anything here) So Out comes a rare steak. Which is fine, but maybe I'm spoiled, but I'm not sure why you ask how do you want your black and blue steak cooked.

Anyway, lets back up, The didn't quite set themselves up for a wait. Because there is no room to wait. They have a fancy bar, (you've probably seen it on those bank commercials). It's one of the better looking restaurants in corpus. Really trying to be trendy. Got seated right away ordered appetizers, which was some chicken fried calamari coating with some sort of Asian sauce. IMO big swing and a miss. (not terrible, just not my cup of tea). Salad sucked, Just ice berg and some sort of leafy lettuce, ranch. Bla bla bla.
The steak came out, I've already discussed my confusion with that. That being said, they had some rub on it, and their Gorganzola butter dollop was pretty tasty. Cut was on the thin side, but they did say 10 oz or 12 oz so I knew it wasn't gonna be an inch thick steak. (one of the reason's I don't really mind that it wasn't really black and blue, it was too thin to do a proper black and blueing)

Not how I cook it, but their flavoring was tasty. I don't know if I'd really wanna put it on a quality piece of meat. You kinda lose the flavor of the meat. It wasn't over salty (an amazing thing for corpus) And the bake potato was a baked potato. (that being said, it was TINY, but I was pretty dang full and never finish the potato anyway)

Anyway, I guess overall, I'd eat there again, as long as I'm not paying. I'd do Texas Road house for 5 dollars less I'd get the same steak. There weren't any huge negatives, probably wouldn't do the same thing again, maybe I'll try the quail next time. But once again, if I wanna steak that blows my mind, I just gotta do it myself... But It's better than most places in corpus.

1  Thank Stdreb27

Reviewed December 13, 2012

had lunch here once. conveniently located on the south side. lunch prices good and comparable to outback and roadhouse. steak was really good. service was good. a little dark for lunch, but very nice. i'll go back!

1  Thank verySouthern
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We eat here fairly regularly, due to its convenient location. Their staff is overworked and therefore not as attentive as we would like. I agree that the food is overpriced and only average quality.
Pretty decor and open late. It's popular with the singles.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Visiting from Houston, meet my cousin there for supper, the rib eye was good, quality of meat was good and cooked very well. had the cajun seasoning.

1  Thank David E
Reviewed November 13, 2012

other than cocktails. I don't see why this place is so overpriced. nothing makes it stand out. just OK food and cocktails. with good waitress +waiters