“Hotel was nice and will stay again, no issues.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island
Ranked #40 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was great especially for the price. Its hard to believe the other reviews. Our room was clean and nothing from previous guest was left in room. We stayed June 22-25, 2014. Breakfast was the same as any other free mid dollar hotel. Staff was nice. Suggestions (not complaints) would like bathtub not just shower, more than one elevator, and better wifi. Great location!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Brandy R

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Filthy...clothes on the floor, hairballs, ponytail holders on floor...an inch of dirt and sand against the wall around the entire room. We had no sheets for the sofa sleeper, no toilet paper and no Kleenex. mirror and microwave were dirty. Had to wait until the next morning to talk to manager. Told us we stayed in the room so they couldn't refund our money. We explained that we had driven 1200 miles and after seeing the room, checked surrounding hotels but all were booked. We had to get a vacuum and clean the room ourselves. They agreed to give us 50% back for one night and 20000 points on our rewards card. I have yet to see the refund or the points.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dawn825
Reviewed June 21, 2014

****LICE ALERT*****
I hate that I have to write a review on chain of hotels that I have been so Loyal to. I checked in like normal. Started to break down beds, and my wife found some long hair on the bed, and a bug that she said looked like lice on the pillow. Never seen lice before so i took the pillow with the bug on it to the front desk. She said "Thats not Lice, Thats a spider" and she chased it off the pillow and killed it on the counter. OK, I felt a little better about it, and asked her to change the sheets. Just so I can feel at ease. Well she said that she was the only person on staff ( it was only 9:30 at night at this point), and that i would have to change all the bedding myself. SHEESH! Ok i did it. Fast forward 2 days later. My 3 year old daughter is scratching her head at breakfast. Low and behold, She has head Lice! WTH! I am so disgusted right now. Call the place back this morning, the guy was like. "I will call pest control, thanks for the information". I feel abandoned and disgusted at this point, and not sure what else to do but to let others know. So if you have another choice, TAKE IT! They're full of excuses, and will leave you out to dry!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Juan R
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the first and will be the last Comfort Inn we ever stay again. The first "great" impression I had was the receptionists. Normally they would be the first to greet their guests, but at this hotel, unfortunately it was not the case. The second impression is the elevator. One tiny, slow elevator serves the whole building. It has an entrance to it so it was quite difficult to maneuver with the luggage cart. The third one is the musty smell and the humidity in the room. The pull out couch has a yellowish cover on top of it which makes us think about the last time it was replaced or washed. Stained on the bath towels and used bathsoap in the bathroom. The housekeepers were casually talking loud about their dinner plan in the hallway, despite the presence of their guests. The choice to stay in this hotel obviously was a bad choice. For those who gave this hotel high ratings clearly did not know or experience the actual AAA rating standards. For those who consider this hotel because of the location (near the beach), please reconsider. The wave is beautiful but the seaweeds that come with it are bothersome!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

A little overpriced, but where else you going to get this close to the Gulf. Clean, spacious room & Good view of the Gulf. Friendly, courteous staff. Good FREE breakfast. Will be back soon. Only down side is slow elevator & non-working Wi-Fi.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flow p
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. I usually prefer to stay at the hotel across the street directly on the beach, but decided to try this one thus time. So glad I did. In my opinion this hotel is much nicer and definitely less expensive. Everything was very clean & housekeeping staff was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast offered was bountiful with lots of choices for everyone. From now on, our annual Corpus trip will definitely be spent at Comfort Suites.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Season73
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This was an amazing hotel, it had everything in and more that I wanted for my long deserved vacation the one person that stood out in my eyes the most was an employee by the name of blue she was very caring and very knowledgeable about many things the rooms were amazing and you can get any closer to the beach and the free breakfast was good every morning I got up and a big thank you to housekeeping you did an amazing job too

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Vacationtime28
Travelers also viewed these Corpus Christi hotels
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi Padre IS
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpu...
#18 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Best Western Padre Island
Best Western Padre Island
#6 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cor...
#31 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Ch...
#36 of 79 in Corpus Christi
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi Northwest
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Ch...
#27 of 79 in Corpus Christi

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island? Share your experiences!