“Seemed to struggle on a holiday.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island
Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Seemed to struggle on a holiday.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Well here it is plain and simple.The rooms were very nice and clean and they had a modern flat screen T.V which was a plus.The pool is medium as hotel pools go, and the hot tub is small (like 5 person limit).We booked for july 4th and had a room with 2 kings and a sleeper sofa for the kids.We opened the sleeper and no sheets or pillows.We asked the front desk for sheets and pillows,well we got the sheets but no pillows(Sorry)or to bad!so we had to share our pillows,not the worst thing,but c'mon you say your COMFORT suites and I have to share my pillows.You would think a hotel has more then enough pillows.Well the next morning I took my Niece and nephew swimming and went to the front desk to ask for towels.The desk attendant said she didnt think she had any left,as she went to check,I was getting very disappointed at this time but she came trough.Liked the place they just seemed to struggle on the holiday.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place close to the beach this is not it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Taylor, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was the first time I have stayed at this particular hotel and brand of hotel. It is clean, the staff were friendly, American, and spoke English, which isn't always the case. Good breakfast and just 5 minutes from the beachon foot.

• Stayed July 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I needed a room for a last minute trip to the coast we were able to secure a room here even though it was 4th of July weekend, there were 6 of us and 2 toddlers. we upgraded to the "elite suite" with beach view (do it its absolutely worth it if you love coffee and a sunrise on the balcony) the room was spotless a great fresh scent and this room had a kitchenette and a medium sized fridge and dishwasher and all pots and pans needed. this room is great for the price even though it was a holiday weekend. I will return to stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Racktravler
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I travel for a living so where I stay is important. Directly across from the holiday inn, this is no more than a two minute walk to the beach. Will absolutely stay here again. Exceptional value.

• Stayed June 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We always stay here, the only thing some kid pulled alarm but the staff was quick on there feet... I give the whole staff a hand, there were a few guest unhappy but I say relax your on vacation I am sure they didnt like it either. Will be back!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio,Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Comfortable updated room. Nice view of the beach and very easy access to beach. Large bathroom with plenty of towels and comfy bed. Helpful friendly front desk. Breakfast was average, no real complaint but seemed like an afterthought that might could be improved on to Akers it as nice as the hotel was. Overall good stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DBeachgirl12
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel location is great directly across from the beach, and our main floor room appeared clean and updated. We had no problems until my husband woke up at 7 am to find a cockroach scurry out of the bathroom and onto the carpeting. He stepped on it, and it was about 3-4 inches long. We had left one of our bags on the floor, and I hopes that none wound up inside our clothes! I went to the front desk, who informed me that I would have to wait to speak to her until the manager arrived at 8 am. She was polite enough, and toldme that cockroaches live in their palm trees, and they just had the trees sprayed. I suspect this isn't the first time she has dealt with this problem, on account of her response. It was apparent the staff had told her about what happened, as they handed her a coupon to offer us a percentage off of another stay there. We will never use the coupon, for obvious reasons. I realize that some bugs are unavoidable, but cockroaches are just gross!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melimo1017
comfortsuitesnorthpa, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for considering Comfort Suites North Padre Island for your recent stay in our area.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to the rooms being properly outfitted before being released for occupancy.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of Cockroach in the first room assigned to you and instructed to look into any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again consider staying at Comfort Suites North Padre Island. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.