“Good staff and very clean”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl.
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice hotel, right on the island as you come off the bridge. A/C units whistle a little bit but I just left the fan on all night didn't bother me one bit. Rooms are decent size with a fridge. Great location for a week on the island.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 9, 2012

All of the times we have stayed here the pool has not been heated, it is like an iceberg. Our last stay was not good as we had booked three non-smoking rooms and had to give up one of the rooms for a smoking because the bathroom was out of order and they had no other available non-smoking rooms available. The room reaked of smoke and spraying it didn't help much. Made the stay uncomfortable as neither my husband nor myself smoke. Each time we have stayed the rooms have been clean. The young lady at the desk this time was very applogetic about the room change. As I explained to her and the manager, we took that room because it would have caused a lot of problems with the rest of the family had they been put in it. Would stay there again but with great assurances that everything would be in order.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff called me the morning I was due to arrive to ask what size bed I preferred! I've never had that happen. They continued to be cheerful, friendly and helpful throughout my 2 night visit. The rooms are standard Hampton Inn rooms, although the a/c is very noisy. My first room was not prepared, so I was moved. Breakfast was also standard Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Mine was right on the parking lot. Choose another location.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on five seperate occations. I have always found the staff to be polite, and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Noise level is usually acceptable, but some of the A/C units are a bit noisier than you might prefer. The location is excellent for running to Mustang Island, Fishing the Bays, or heading down to Big Shell for some surf fishing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Room was clean and hotel was okay except when It came to sleeping ! I wish I had read other reviews first ! I could not even sleep not only a waste of money would have had a better night sleep in my car .... We stayed at the comfort inn the week prior and we should have gone back there .... I don't get it not only complaint and I never review but felt as though I should inform people

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jerome C
hamptoncrppi, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl., responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I’ve asked our maintenance team to look into the AC units. We would hate for a noisy machine in your guest room to affect your stay with us! I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in and I lived in hotels for 2 years for work. In order of severity:

1. The front desk (a different person than who checked us in) gave a room key to my boyfriend who was not on my reservation and she didn't ask for his id. Luckily, he was my boyfriend!

2. The fire alarm went off in the room above for 20 minutes. We called the front desk and they said it was coming from outside and they couldn't do anything about it. Finally, they realized it was the fire alarm!!

3. The beds were dirty - 1 had brown spots on the comforter and the other had hair in the bed

4. Every staff member walks around with a bottle of frebreze. Not sure exactly what they are trying to cover up.

I used Hilton points for the room. We cut our trip short because it was so bad. The front desk said the remaining points would be credited back to my account automatically. I still have not received them.

I filed a compliant with Hilton. The hotel never responded and Hilton still has not addressed any of these concerns or my points.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the main street needed to access the island.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amy S
hamptoncrppi, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl., responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

With that being said I was surprised to see how Hampton has improved! the room was excellent, plush beds and extremely quiet! Pool was indoor. Nice view of the islet and bay , close to Padre Pizza and Mustang Island.Request a bay view towards the Holiday Inn. Room also had a Laptop tray if you wanted to work. Breakfast was great - cereals, waffles, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc..North Padre is one of the places where if you want the beach and quiet. CVS closes early and H.E.B is 5 miles away. Note: Extremely humid . C.C. averages 77% all year so don't expect everything completely dry. Don't listen to those other reviews, read mine.

Room Tip: Floor #3 rear facing.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business