La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl.
Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on five seperate occations. I have always found the staff to be polite, and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Noise level is usually acceptable, but some of the A/C units are a bit noisier than you might prefer. The location is excellent for running to Mustang Island, Fishing the Bays, or heading down to Big Shell for some surf fishing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Room was clean and hotel was okay except when It came to sleeping ! I wish I had read other reviews first ! I could not even sleep not only a waste of money would have had a better night sleep in my car .... We stayed at the comfort inn the week prior and we should have gone back there .... I don't get it not only complaint and I never review but felt as though I should inform people

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jerome C
hamptoncrppi, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl., responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I’ve asked our maintenance team to look into the AC units. We would hate for a noisy machine in your guest room to affect your stay with us! I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in and I lived in hotels for 2 years for work. In order of severity:

1. The front desk (a different person than who checked us in) gave a room key to my boyfriend who was not on my reservation and she didn't ask for his id. Luckily, he was my boyfriend!

2. The fire alarm went off in the room above for 20 minutes. We called the front desk and they said it was coming from outside and they couldn't do anything about it. Finally, they realized it was the fire alarm!!

3. The beds were dirty - 1 had brown spots on the comforter and the other had hair in the bed

4. Every staff member walks around with a bottle of frebreze. Not sure exactly what they are trying to cover up.

I used Hilton points for the room. We cut our trip short because it was so bad. The front desk said the remaining points would be credited back to my account automatically. I still have not received them.

I filed a compliant with Hilton. The hotel never responded and Hilton still has not addressed any of these concerns or my points.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the main street needed to access the island.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amy S
hamptoncrppi, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl., responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

With that being said I was surprised to see how Hampton has improved! the room was excellent, plush beds and extremely quiet! Pool was indoor. Nice view of the islet and bay , close to Padre Pizza and Mustang Island.Request a bay view towards the Holiday Inn. Room also had a Laptop tray if you wanted to work. Breakfast was great - cereals, waffles, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc..North Padre is one of the places where if you want the beach and quiet. CVS closes early and H.E.B is 5 miles away. Note: Extremely humid . C.C. averages 77% all year so don't expect everything completely dry. Don't listen to those other reviews, read mine.

Room Tip: Floor #3 rear facing.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I can't speak to the price of the hotel as my Memorial Day weekend stay was paid for with HHonors points (30,000 per night for the holiday weekend versus 25,000 per night at other Hilton brands off the island) and I didn't check what the rooms were going for in cash, but I was very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. While I'm sure it's not brand new, everything felt new enough--the property seemed well maintained. It's not a resort by any means, but I would stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.

Room: clean duvets, comfortable beds/pillows. Frigid (in a good way) AC. Nice, very clean bathroom. We faced away from the road and had no trouble with noise. In fact, because I sleep with a fan at home, I'd wake up only when the room went suddenly silent when the (completely normal) hum of the AC cut off (fortunately by the second night I slept through it!). On the whole I slept really well.

Breakfast: Yum! The breakfast buffet had plenty of options of the sort you expect at a Hampton Inn: waffle maker, yogurts, cereals, pastries/bagels, coffee bar, juice machine, a daily variety of eggs/breakfast potatoes/sausage.

Check-in/check-out: Seamless--took less than <2 minutes combined. At least during Memorial Day weekend, the check-out time was a very welcome 12 pm!

Location: Very close to the beach--I didn't see any hotels (or condos or rentals) closer to the two beach areas we visited (beaches were good for Texas beaches). From the street the hotel is on (SPID), you can turn left and find yourself within a quick 1-3 mile drive to 2 access streets to what I think is Padre National Seashore (buy your beach parking permit there at the Stripes/Valero on the corner for $12) and only 5 miles to Mustang Island State Park. You're within a 2-minute drive of a Sonic (technically you could walk but being across a very busy six lane street, we drove) and a 3-4 minute drive from Doc's (definitely drive), and the Stripes/Valero convenience store is just a block or two away for emergency sunscreen, aloe, beer, etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anothermrs
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Like the location, but the worst Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in. Our evening began by the lobby being filled with mosquitoes so many so they were in our room. Killed the mosquitoes and turned on the TV to find the A/C louder that the TV. Went to the front desk to complain and ask for another room we were told to turn off the A/C and was handed a fan. No rooms to change to hotel was full. Not a great experience...Hampton Inn is normally our favorite!

Room Tip: Try a room not on the ground floor, maybe mosquitoes can't ride the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 8Beach_lover
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Its a good clean, standard hotel. No frills, nothing extra special except the high price! Very loud air conditioner, felt like a motorbike starting every time it came on!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family