“Always stay at the El Constante”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
El Constante Beachfront Condominiums
Ranked #41 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio
“Always stay at the El Constante”
Reviewed November 24, 2006

We have stayed only at the El Constante since discovering it several years ago. We have always chosen 'gulf front' rooms which allow us to enjoy the ocean at any time of the year. We enjoy that the resort is smaller than most and therefore, more like a home away from home. I love the concrete boardwalk which allows me an exhilerating morning walk above the beach but, with the view and sounds of the ocean. The units are nicely decorated and, equipped with coffee maker, toaster, cooking utensils, etc. The entire experience is that El Constante is a very comfortable and clean place to visit with the ocean being right there! I would like to add that I have always experienced a pleasant and helpful interaction with both the management and the staff.

• Liked — Ocean view and proximity.
  • Disliked — Wish voters had left this a non drivable beach area!
  • Tips/Secrets — Book ahead for the best units with view. And, bring your salt, pepper, butter, coffee filters, etc. I always forget those things!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank djarw

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ft. Lewis, Washington
Reviewed September 12, 2006

Our stay at this condo was deadful to say the least.. We had planned a trip to Padre Island to spend our vacation with family during my husband's R&R leave from a combat zone. I had called the hotel ahead of time to make the reservations for a condo for us and one for my parents. I specifically asked and was told that they had boat trailer parking and that there were washers/dryers in the room we reserved. When we checked in, we were told that we had to park our boat on the street outside the parking lot. We were very concerned about having to park it on the street and were assured that it would be safe. We got to our room and couldn't find the washer/dryer so we asked at the office and was told there was a laundry room and that the rooms didn't have machines in them and didn't know why someone would have told us there was. We went to use the laundry room to find 3 rusty delapited washers and 4 old rusty dryers, with 2 of them being out of order. My parents and sisters joined us on the 2nd day we were there. They checked into their room (which had a washer/dryer that was out of order) to find the AC didn't work. Well since it was over a 100 degrees outside, you can imagine how warm it was in the condo. My sister called the office and they said that there wasn't anything they could do and they would try to get a maintenace person to come in the morning. Only after demanding to speak with the owner, did they finally get someone to come to fix the AC. The maintenance guy that showed up messed with it for several hours, left around 10 pm to come banging on the door at 2 am to ask if it was working. That morning we went out to check on our boat to find it had been broken into. They stoled everything we had in it . We went to the office and with this we don't give a damn attitude, were given the phone number to the police. We still tried to make the best of our stay and enjoy some time at the pool. The jacuzzi had so much chlorine in it that my daughter got chlorine burns all over her legs and had to stay out of the water for the rest of the stay because the burns hurt so bad. The rooms weren't to bad if you don't mind rats getting into your food. The flyer also advertised that there was a fishing pier within walking distance. Not sure whose walking distance they were talking about, but I know there was no way that my parents (who are in thier 50s) could walk that far especially carrying fishing gear. Overall, this was the worse vacation we had ever had. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy let alone any friends or family.

• Liked — It was on the beach
  • Disliked — Attitude of staff, acccomadations, false advertising
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank doggiedoc

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Houston
Reviewed August 5, 2006

If you are disabled, stay away from here ! Ramps poorly designed, ramps and sidewalks often blocked by cars, and no ramp to office. When reservations were made, they told me that there was ONE small step up to the room. Turns out that there were three giant steps ! Their attitude - "its your problem". I finally found some plywood to make a ramp. Room was full of sand - had not seen a vacuum in a long while.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mmmike
Reviewed April 17, 2006

We spent 3 nights at this condo, it was very conveninet to the beach. The room was very nice, clean and well supplied. If you are planning a family tip, this is a must. We also toured the USS Lexington, Aquarium, Bay fishing and Texas Casino. The Texas casino was a major disappointment. The menu was misleading and the night cruise is a little to long especially if you do not intend to gamble the entire time you are on the boat. The afternoon cruise would be better so you could atleast go up stairs and watch the dolphins and the birds. I would not recommend the cruise. Overall we had a great time and will definately visit again. Statisfied in Robinson, Texas

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2006

My family stayed at El Constante from December 22nd-January 3rd & had a wonderful time. Kids played at the beach daily and came back to the pool/hot tub before dinner. Lots to do in the area. Went to the aquarium, go-kart track, deep sea fishing (had fun even though we only caught 1 fish in 9 hours). The room was wonderful for the veiw of the gulf. We could sit on the balcony and watch the kids at the beach or the pool. Just plain nice all the way around. I will definately be back next X-mas.

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2005

Great View! Office staff was helpful. Good value! Nice pool. Beachfront!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We had a terrible experience at el constante!
There were bugs in our room. Two of us had to stay on foam pads on the floor! When we complained they did gives us one night free but told us to never come back. It is a great location it just needs new management.

• Stayed September 2005