“never ever stay here”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
El Constante Beachfront Condominiums
Ranked #46 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is not a place to stay! once we got our manual keys, we went to the room and there was a 30 pound bag of trash blocking the door! Once inside the TV remotes did not work on any of the TV's and dvd player! I called the front desk they said for me to bring them up front I did and she said they needed batterys we put new batterys in the remotes walked back to the room and guest what they did not work! I call the front desk again they said there was nothing they could do about that. It was late when we checked in, so we just decided to get some sleep then about 10pm someone in the room above us started stomping on the floor from 10pm to 5am! the next morning!! Maybe some meth head I just do'nt know. So needless to say once we went to corpus to eat beakfast we drove back the the dump turned in the keys and got out of there asap. In short 195 dollars and no sleep!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank carl299

Reviewed June 21, 2012

El Constante is a nice little place to stay if you want to get away to the beach for a few days. I wouldn't rate it at 4 star accomodations, but it is comfortable enough if you're looking for a place to sleep after a day on the beach. Yes, the condos are a little older, but I think it gives it more of a charm. This was my second stay here and I will most likely stay here again when I come back to Padre.
We did have an issue with our condo not being ready when we arrived after a 7 hour trip, but the staff finally gave us a unit that was ready.
We didn't utilize the kitchen other than the coffee maker and fridge but everything was clean and ready to cook complete meals if you needed to. From what I understand, each unit is different, so I can only speak for 221 for this review.
Overall, we were very satisfied, and like I said, we will probably return on our next trip

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank RogerinDallas
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice with our 3 children. Both times were great! This is the best location to stay if visiting this area. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Brandy K
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had an excellent time and enjoyed the laid back feeling of the location and staff. The rooms are older but both we rented were well maintained and clean. It's not a resort and the dishes are old and mismatched but I would rather not pay extra for dishes.

We stayed in room 236 and 134. Both were advertised as pool-side and the receipt says pool-side but that only means it is in the pool-side building not that the room is actually open to the pool. No big deal we came for the ocean not the pool. (236 does not open to the pool, 134 does).

Now the ocean was excellent, the location is near a vehicle entrance to the beach and the staff helped us rent a beach shade and have it set up. It's just a short distance to a pier with fishing. A vehicle and beach toy rinsing area is provided at the hotel as are gas cooking grills. We spent most of our time on the beach but came back to rest and cook meals. It was a great trip.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank 6inaSuburban
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We just spent a weekend with the in-laws and kids and had an awesome time. We had a partial gulf view and stayed in rooms 117 and 118. The rooms were very clean and modern looking. Our bed was super comfortable. I have stayed in condos in the past and have been disappointed when you walk into a 1970's condo. I just hate that, but I can't say that for these rooms. El constante has to be the best location, it is near fishing pier, bait, beach is steps away and all the local restaurants are very close. The pool was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly.
The only recommendation i would have is the comfort of the sofa beds, a little thin on the mattresses but I guess thats what you can expect from sofa beds...But anyway, had a grand time and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank gsandra12
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 days, Friday-Saturday (mid April). We were extremely pleased with our stay. Staff was super friendly, I only remember one lady named Anita, but she was very nice. The room we had was a beach view, room 120, it was so clean and nicely decorated, everything was very clean and tidy, and they supplied us with everything we needed, which may be the norm for these places, but since we have never stayed in a condo before we thought this place was great! Loved the view, obviously an ocean view is better but it really didn't matter because we hardly stayed in our room. We will definately go back again, this may be our new tradition vacation!

Room Tip: Beach view room 120 is very nice, especially for couples, it is on the bottom so if you are a light...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MrsGarza87
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This place is the worst place I have ever encountered at the Texas coast! Rooms are dirty and the Manager and staff are the rudest bunch of idiots I have ever had to deal with! Just a word of warning - Find someplace else at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family