“stay somewhere else”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
El Constante Beachfront Condominiums
Ranked #43 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Stayed at El Constantine Condos, Oct 26-29. Unit 208--terrible. The furniture looked like it belong in garage sale back in the 70's. Yes it did have a great view of the beach, but the balcony could only hold two people sitting in thier plastic chairs. The rug looked like it had stains all over it, and I am sure that it was the orginal carpet. The blanket on the master bed looked like it came from the Salvation army store some years ago. Do not think that you will get fresh towels each day, so save your dirty ones you will need them. I have stayed in many a Condo in Padre area, and this is one that I will never be back to, so be careful when you book this condo.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank ronnie94

Reviewed June 24, 2007

I have stayed at El Constante with a friend a couple of times and it was fantastic. She has been staying there at least once a year for the last ten years. We were at the pool and the wind is very strong as it usually is and I stood up from where I was laying and an umbrella that was on one of the tables flew off and the point (top) of it struck me in the mouth. This happened in front of the office where it was witnessed and absolutely nothing was done. They did not offer medical attention or even an icecube. I visited a dentist when I returned to San Antonio and had my mouth exrayed and luckily nothing happened but the bruising. Not one person came by to check on me even though I was bleeding and had ice put on it by my friend. This was our first day there and my mouth was bruised for the remainder of the week and then for another week following. I sent an email about this incident and until this day they have not called, emailed or offered sympathy, empathy or anything else. We have not been there since. We just got back yesterday and stayed at the condominiums next door and it was an incredible stay. We will not return to El Constante because their lack of concern and the fact that they totally ignored the situation. I have pictures I took of their maintenance man working on the umbrellas the day after. It was a nice and comfortable until their true colors showed because after ten years of staying there we weren't important to them.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gdmrngbtfl
Reviewed June 8, 2007

We just stayed at El Constante for an anniversary trip. I was a little hesitant after reading some reviews but we really enjoyed our stay. We asked to check out the room before paying and were pleasantly surprised with the decor and the cleanliness. All rooms are different in decoration but ours was nice. Tile floors were very clean too. What I really loved was the location! I could not have chosen a more perfect location for some quiet time without kids. I loved the seawall.....very peaceful for morning walks right near the ocean but not in the sand. I also loved our ocean view room. I spent alot of time sitting outside reading and listening to the waves. We also walked down to the jetties and enjoyed that. El Constante and the condos next door definitely have the best area of beach from the other hotels on Winward. They also had a beautiful pool area but we never tried it out. My only hesitation about going back with my kids is that our room looked to have some mold on parts of the ceiling. You can definitely tell that the condos are older. But in our room you had to look close (at the rusty door jam, baseboards, the popcorn ceiling, etc.)

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blessedwith2
Reviewed April 21, 2007

Just spent a week at El Constante. Stayed in a 2 bedrm. Very spacious. But our unit (208) needed some upgrades. Definetely needs new appliances, cutlery, dishes, etc... The pool was nice (except for hot tub-not very clean). Grounds cleaned daily. Has gas BBQ for visitors to use. Staff very friendly, felt very safe at this place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelLite4me
Reviewed April 16, 2007

In a sea of OLD beach resorts that are probably all like this-- El Constante is probably fine. We had no real problems with it..but as I said in the title just take into consideration: The condo we had smelled pretty musty, the bed spread smelled like it hadn't been washed for awhile..in the bathroom there was dampness on the ceiling, it just felt like when they clean they do the bare minimum or like surface clean..BUT HOWEVER, it was a great deal and the gulf was right there with a huge beach. We have stayed at another place port royal in port aransas and i would say these are pretty much the same, only port royal is more expensive with not as nice of a beach.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Justsomegal
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Unit 218 is paradise. We go there 3 times a year. The master bed is a king-size. The 2nd bedroom has two twin beds, perfect for kids. There is a great fold-out couch, too. The furnishings are beautiful, and there are 3 televisions. The north-facing balconies give you a great view of the beach without having to bake in the direct sunlight. The pool has been refinished, and it and the hot tub are beautiful and IMMACULATE. We insist on 218, because it is so beautiful. And the staff are great. This is the perfect escape vacation to spend time with the family, relax, and reflect on the beauty of nature!!!

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank bohunk
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Hotel had a great location on North Padre Island. The property is very clean and well maintained. The individual units depend on the owners. We stayed in 208 which had a great gulffront view. Th ecarpet was dated and the beds were quite uncomfortable but overall I was satisfied. We had a discounted rate because we went during off season. I wouldn't want to pay more than the $155 a night.

I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends