“ALWAYS A GOID TIME...”

Hardknocks Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #276 of 787 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 7, 2020 via mobile

We were at Hardknocks tonite in Portland, w. a party of 25 and it was fabulous! We had a lot of crawfish, drinks and tons of fun! Our waitress, Heather was amazing! Never had to wait for anything and all the staff was so happy and smiling! This is my 3rd time in 2 months and we have not been disappointed! Cant wait till next time!

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed December 12, 2019

A most entertaining and puzzling establishment. Have visited three times, participated in pool tournament and saw a Pittsburg Steeler game I could have not received at home. I also enjoyed the never ending beauty pageant of bartenders like Terra, Vivian, and Tyra, I ordered a hamburger. got the most average tasting bland burger. The bar tender showed me the menu and began raving about the Ahi tuna. Perhaps I will try it but as they can't even make a burger and not too anxious to try it.
So, overall I am damn glad to find pool tables and a well stocked full bar within walking distance from my home in Portland.
Now the puzzling part. I have yet to meet a manager or bouncer here and it shows.
No one steps up and enforces even the most basic of poolhall etiquette. Drunken loud mouthed patrons are allowed to harrass poolplayers, interfere with play even assault folks trying play a quite game. The genius barback assessed the situation and told me to leave. Absolutely astonishing.
I will give this place some time to sort out operational issues. This place is clean and generally safe for families until the local testosterone fueled morons arrive. At that time I would recommend just leaving. There are many many pool joints in the hood that are safe, well run and supervised.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

More TV’s per square inch than anywhere else I have been to and I’m including the ones in the bathroom. Very friendly bartenders and servers make it a great place to be.
Excellent specials.. $2 domestic pints on Tuesday....
So on to the food.... Pork skins were best I have ever had! They were light and spicy and couldn’t stop eating them.
The wings looked very meaty and smelled great but I got a steak... you can’t beat it for the money... perfectly seasoned and cooked. The sign of corn was amazing as it was smoked and roasted.
I travel every week for work and this is definitely one of the best places to eat and watch a game I have been to in over a year.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Came here for a meet and greet and loved it. Food, service and drinks are great. I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome for watching any sporting event. TV’s everywhere, including the restrooms, so you don’t miss a thing. I’ve taken the family and taken friends. Great crowd and great owners!

Date of visit: July 2018