“Surprised”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
“Surprised”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

When I pulled up I was extremely nervous. It is an older diner & isn't the cleanest place. Our waiter was super friendly & accommodating. We had 7 people in our party- one person ordered gumbo, one the amberjack, one swordfish, one shrimp Alfredo, one the ABC sandwhich & I had the shrimp PO Boy with onion rings. There was no food left on the plates. It was delicious.
Sure the place needs updating but don't judge a book by its cover or you might miss a real gem!!

Conroe, Texas
“Getting old”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have eaten here many times over the years and find the food good but the decor needs some updating, still good food at a reasionable price.

Houston
“Hidden Jem”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

While it isn't much to look at from the outside the food and service was right on. The problem I saw here was that you had no idea how good the food would be or to the amount of effort that was used to prepare it by the decor and setting of this diner. However, once the wait staff got started recommending and describing the dishes we were very please with the suggestions and the outcomes. The Amberjack was excellent and as recommending was grilled fresh front of house. The shrimp was the best and so fresh and delicious. We had lunch and then came back for breakfast which was also very good.

dallas
“Good food”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I ordered the popcorn shrimp salad & homemade cheesecake. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you want good food in a casual atmosphere. :)

Texas
“Just OK”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nothing really stood out except the smell of wet/damp carpet. Oh man, I've eaten here before but during my recent visit as I entered the smell was so strong I had to leave. Hint, Change the carpet.

1 Thank Toolman195