“Disgusting!!!”

and 1 more site!
Regency Inn
Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Location is ideal because it's right by the beach but this hotel is disgusting!! The room looked and smelled dirty. The restroom was a nightmare. The drain inthe shower doesn't drain and the restroom just smelled like pee which made the whole room smelled. I think it was the drains. The beds were uncomfortable, the fridge was dirty and everything was dusty. The outside seemed decent and for $170 a night we thought it was going to be a good place for the night but we apparently thought wrong. By far the worst place I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank tgasca135
There are newer reviews for Regency Inn

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got this room as a last-minute decision, as the trip was mostly fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants fun. Got there at about 1:00am with the open sign on. Came to the front door, couldn't get in without picking up the phone in the front... no big deal to me, sure. He was sleeping, and had a thick groggy foreign accent. He walked up, buzzed me in, and wanted it done quick and simple with little to no talk.
As soon as I walked out, the "open" light went off, and the paper vacancy sign was flipped to "no vacancy", then all the lights went off in the office. I'm thinking he just went to bed :-)
Parking was very slim, thankfully I have a handicapped plate to use the last handicapped spot.

Not much noise through the rooms. The TV was analog with perhaps 20 or so channels or random usefulness. Basically time-filler channels. The bed was pretty comfy for a cheap hotel bed. I slept okay, no stains or bugs there.
The bathroom was pretty tiny.

I paid $69+tax for a 2 bed room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dan L
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Greats little motel half a block off the bay, gulf view from rooms lots of shopping and great sea foodwithin a few blocks. The lexington aircraft carries just across street, off street parkng ,quiet , clean , great rates . I stayed here several weekends while working in area great place .

Room Tip: room 101 and 102 great view of bay
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony P
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at hotels all over the US and Canada, and I am definitely not a "whistle-blower," but this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The place is run-down, which doesn't bother me too much- the Regency Inn is surrounded by "nice" beachfront hotels, so I though "How bad can it be?" Ug....
Upon checking in, the owner informed us (my husband and I) that the room had two queen beds- he said that if we used both beds, we would get charged an extra seventeen dollars-that our $92/a night was only for the use of one bed. We though this was a bit odd, but we agreed. Sooooo-- we dropped off our stuff in our urine-odor suite, went for a little stroll and came back to our room. I noticed in the shower that there was hair all over, and the little hotel soap from the previous guest was still adorning the tub ledge. Ok, gross, but I can live with that. I emerged from the b-room to find my husband in bed already, I turned on the light to brush my teeth and stuff, and he started screaming and freaking out. THERE WERE BLOOD STAINS ALL OVER THE SHEETS!!! He hadn't noticed it, as he had crawled into bed to the glow of the crappy, finger-print covered television. I called the front desk, informing him of our little problem- his response was calmly, "Well, sleep in the other bed, there are two beds." Gross!!
I can handle the four screaming children running up and down the hall, I can handle the "live in" tenants that are hanging out drinking their Lonestars right outside our room until three. I can even handle the dirty band-aid on the floor beside the bed. (if I must :)) But blood stains on the sheets?-- Unacceptable- no matter how easygoing and adventurous the person.
We slept ON the other bed, covering ourselves with beach towels and sarongs- and in the morning went to have a little talk with the owner at checkout. He kept saying that they don't do their laundry there, so it wasn't his fault. I said it didn't matter who did the laundry, they were responsible for the sheets on the beds in their establishment. It was clear that the sheets had not been washed. He said that the sheets were clean, and we must have made the mess ourselves. And not only would we not be getting a partial refund, but he would call the cops if we didn't leave. (which I encouraged him to do).
Anyway, it was terrible. It is sad that people do not take any pride in their livelihoods. This hotel was disgusting. We are disputing the transaction on our card with our bank, and have reported the Regency Inn to the TX Dept. of Health, and the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully the state surveyors will pay them a visit soon. Anyway, take your hundred bucks, and go stay across the street at the Radisson- I understand it costs the same, and there is a pool, and I am willing to bet, clean sheets.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank katiemae80
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Outside looks a little run down. At 1st glance room looked ok. Bed was somewhat comfortable, but once we woke up and started our morning routine out came the BUGS. Im still hoping they were not bed bugs. They were not in our bed (from what I saw) but they were on the bathroom counter and on the tv cabinet. Not sure what they were but I can tell you I'm still worried we brought them home.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank laura r
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Good location sorry motel. place is in bad shape should be condemd in the next 5 to 10 years. There prices suck the radisson charges the same but they were booked up. Will never stay again. Went during labor day. 100 bucks a night either this place or sleeping on the street.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank darksider210
Reviewed May 13, 2011

it was clean, same value as seashell inn, knights inn, and budget inn But for almost 1/3 less the price! I stayed two days, I payed only $42! Everyother place tried to charge $77!!!! Sheesh! Also regency inn is right next to the ocean and in walking distance to all of corus christi's hotspots.

• Stayed: May 2011