“Enchiladas !!”

Ranked #47 of 700 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Most recipes have been handed down to us from our families who have lived in Corpus Christi most of their lives. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner along with an array of mixed beverages. Please visit our menu section for details and pricing. Stop by the Papalote Bar and enjoy daily specials. Also our menu has been voted “Best of the Best” Mexican Food for the past twelve years.
Georgetown, Texas
“Enchiladas !!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This past weekend, I was served the best enchiladas I've had in several years at Kiko's. For equal enchiladas, you would have to go to the Keno Cafe in Weslaco, Texas. We were with a large party of about 40 people and the cafe was full with a waiting line but service was excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone and will visit again the next trip to Corpus.

There are two negatives. Parking is somewhat limited even though we thught we went early, 5:00 PM. Perhaps this could be cured by going for a late lunch. The other negative was the red salsa. It did not have any flavor that I could find other than tomato. The queso served with the chips and salsa was good though.

• Visited January 2014
Marcus B, Owner at Kiko's Mexican Food Restaurant, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
The best enchiladas you've had in years, Ron? We couldn't be happier to hear it! Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure serving you and your party — we want nothing less than for everyone to feel welcome and well taken care of! Hope you'll be joining us for another meal soon. Our Enchiladas are calling your name!

Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food as always”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for years (since they opened) always worth the wait. Staff was friendly and courteous as usual. I love the flautas and the Special Mexican dinner,

Marcus B, Owner at Kiko's Mexican Food Restaurant, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Having regulars like you makes us proud to have been serving up delicious Mexican fare to Corpus Christi for over 30 years! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Hope you'll join us for another meal soon — we'll have an order of Flautas and the Special Mexican Dinner waitin' for ya!

Cheers,

Owner
“Horrible customer service! Rude, unprofessional and lazy staff!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went there for a family get together. Party was about 20 people. Took forever to get drinks and food. Enchiladas were good. However, when it came time to pay they put everything on one tab. I asked to pay for my portion only just like the others at our table. They wouldn't let me pay for just my food and drinks! They kept saying that the person that made the reservation is responsible for the entire bill.... seriously? Who runs their business like this? They told me to go pull money out of their ATM and then pay the person that made the reservation. I had to break out my phone to calculate the amount I owed because they wouldn't tell me. Then they said to just split the bill up five ways bc they were willing to do that. That meant I would be paying $100 for only $47 worth of food and drinks...I demanded that they let me pay for my portion only.... then they called the cops. I ended up paying a family member with a check and she had to pay the whole bill with a credit card. I have tolerated their poor service and watered down margaritas for the last time. Save yourself the headache of dealing with these rude, unprofessional people. Try Senior James, Texas Roadhouse, Nikon's, Cheddar's, or even Taco Bell. Any where but here!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JennynJJ
Marcus B, Owner at Kiko's Mexican Food Restaurant, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Your review was incredibly disheartening to read through, Jenny. We take great pride in our friendly, attentive service and I'm sorry to hear that didn't shine through during your last visit. Your every need should have been taken care of from start to finish, so I'll be sure to follow up with the team to ensure that's the case from here on out. Unfortunately, because your party was so large, we weren't able to split the checks. While I know this can be frustrating, I hope you can understand our policy on this, and apologize for the inconvenience. Please, don't hesitate to reach out with any more concerns.

Take care,

Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
“Best Place for Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When you want Mexican Food at it's best, it's Kiko's !! The menu is filled with the best choices of fajita's, enchilada's, taco's, chalupa's and etc. A family run business for many years here in the Coprus Christi area, and they should be proud of how wonderful a place it has become. Friday's and Saturday nights might be a little crowded, but the wait is worth it. If you want the very best, it's Kiko's !!!.

Visited November 2013
Marcus B, Owner at Kiko's Mexican Food Restaurant, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We couldn't be more proud of how far we've come! Thank you for your wonderful review and your continued support over the years. I hope you'll be joining us for another meal soon —you've always got a spot at our table!

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Appalling!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This place actually deserves a zero but that wasn't a possibility!
The first time I went I thought it was just an off day, slow service,bad food.
The second time was worse, the food was cold, tasteless and inedible and the service unbelievably slow.
I will never eat there again and will recommend people I know don't either and here is why: they overcharged the advertised special, blamed the waitress, fired her in front of everyone then said they didn't care if we didn't eat there again! Unreal!
There are so many other Mexican restaurants in Corpus Christi where the food and service is good !

4 Thank FionaFitz11
Marcus B, Owner at Kiko's Mexican Food Restaurant, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I remember you... Your comments are not accurate. I tried to honor the price you were quoted, yet you discided to be obnoxious, and rude shouting and raising your voice for all to hear. As far as the food goes, you cleaned your plate as if you hadn't eaten in weeks! Obviously, the food was great! I have no problem with you never coming back...