“Always fun”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Snoopy's is always fun. They have some of the best seafood around. They are not fancy, so be prepared to eat outside, or nearly so, but their food is top notch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Historically, one of the "local hangout" best of the best spot. This was where the shrimp boats would off load their fresh catch and you'd get it right away.

Bring cash as they have never liked paying the huge chunk to the credit card companies (good for them). They have, and have always had, an ATM in the place so no worries. Their soup is still good as is the gumbo. The boiled shrimp was the cornerstone of Snoopy's but now it all seems fried.

It is open air so there is always a breeze. They now have an ice cream parlor next door.

$27 for two Coors, and two sandwiches is a little high to me, but maybe not for others.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The "Cash Only" sign at the register threw me off, but that was the only negative to this experience! Best fish I've ever tasted. Best fried shrimp also. And bonus points for them helping out with gluten-free options!! Dining local seafood right on the water is so fantastic. A big expensive but TOTALLY worth it!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went here for the first time a week ago with my husband, who has been going here since childhood. It was exactly what I had been hoping for--a local restaurant with fresh seafood overlooking the water. Very casual. You go up to the cashier when you enter the restaurant and order from the board, then go find a table and wait for your number to be called. The shrimp actually have flavor and the hushpuppies and chowder were great. My husband loves the drumsticks. It's not a place to go if you are trying to be disciplined about a diet--everything seems to be fried--but it's so unhealthfully delicious! The only disappointment was the oysters, which tasted ok but were soggy. There's a big fireplace in the indoor area and I can't wait to go back in the winter, when I hope they will fire it up. This time, I loved it so much, we stopped on our way both into Porto Aransas and on our way home, later that weekend.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went with a group of 12. All of us were out of towners and we went for lunch. You place your order when you walk in the front door and pay with cash only. It's a fun atmosphere with a very diverse crowd. It's very casual. The food was great, no complaints with a wide variety of choices.